• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Worst Hawks contract....

Diesel

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jon Koncak was making more than Magic, Bird, and MJ. At least Joe has been to an all star game multiple times.

• Premium Member

Cak...by a LANDSLIDE homie. He was good for like...what? 4 and 4 on any given night? lol Lord almighty. We gave him that BEHEMOTH contract basically just for being...big.

Joe Johnson's $70M deal should NOT be on that list.

I also don't have a problem with JJ's contract. He just needs to putting up the numbers he has been.

• Moderators

Koncak was probably the worst but in terms of production Crawford's really stunk. At least Koncak showed up and played hard. Speedy's was short term pain. Joe delivered on his in that he returned us to relevance. Koncak was a good center but just not deserving of the money. Crawford really delivered nothing on his contract.

• Premium Member

Koncak was probably the worst but in terms of production Crawford's really stunk. At least Koncak showed up and played hard. Speedy's was short term pain. Joe delivered on his in that he returned us to relevance. Koncak was a good center but just not deserving of the money. Crawford really delivered nothing on his contract.

My problem with Crawford's contract is that it was given based on 2 quarters in a playoff game that we lost. 7 years for 2 quarters...

• Like 1

Cak was the worst no doubt. Joe's old contract was really ok. Its the new one that bothers me.

Was Speedy really that bad of a deal since he was injured so much, would he have got paid from disability insurance? (Not sure if that counted against the cap or not, though.)

Diesel- just remember that hawks lucked out and won the lottery to get Horford, otherwise THATS the pick that would have gone to the suns. That really bailed the Hawks out of the worst case scenario for that trade. Think of this team minus Horford and where they would be.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Diesel- just remember that hawks lucked out and won the lottery to get Horford, otherwise THATS the pick that would have gone to the suns. That really bailed the Hawks out of the worst case scenario for that trade. Think of this team minus Horford and where they would be.

I try really hard to forget that...

• Premium Member

Yeah, I had totally forgotten about that. Was it top 3 or top 5 protected??? One of the very (very!) few legitimately lucky brakes this organization has gotten. If that draft pick had gone to the suns I'm pretty sure it would have cemented BK's place in the history books as one of the all time worst GMs in basketball history.

Yeah, I had totally forgotten about that. Was it top 3 or top 5 protected??? One of the very (very!) few legitimately lucky brakes this organization has gotten. If that draft pick had gone to the suns I'm pretty sure it would have cemented BK's place in the history books as one of the all time worst GMs in basketball history.

Top 3 protected. That's probably the only time in recent memory where the Hawks actually moved up in the draft lottery(from 4th to 3rd).

And that was the year that the Hawks were hanging on the edges of the playoff race near the trade deadline so they traded for Anthony Johnson to try and make a late push for the playoffs and gave up a lot of projected caproom in the offseason. The Hawks were TRYING to make the playoffs so the pick wouldn't be as good if it went to the suns. But The Hawks faded down the stretch and then they won the lottery to get Horford.

• Moderators

I also don't have a problem with JJ's contract. He just needs to putting up the numbers he has been.

But what JJ does this season and going forward has nothing to do with the $70M JJ contract listed above. That was the contract he signed when we got him from Phoenix. How can his performance on that contract be considered among the worst in our history? We got great value on that contract.