• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big game tonight.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I didn't realize that the Spurs were so good. However, I think it's time we put them through the paces.

My keys to victory:

1. Ball control. This team is good at stealing the ball. They have perked up their defense. We ought to not make dumb passes and work a consistent plan/

2. Hit your free throws. That's just it, hit the free throws. Unlike previous years, SA is hitting FTs at a good rate, we have to "be more man than them" in my best Appollo Creed voice.

3. Stop Parker's drives. Parker is shooting over 50% from the field. That means that he's driving a lot. This is where Collins can work his magic. Collins is great on the flop. Tonight is the time for Collins and Zaza to draw the Offensive charge.

4. Make Dunk work. I don't know how they use Blair, Splitter, and McDyess but I know they have a rotation. The thing is that Popp is resting Duncan. That means while old man Duncan is out there, he should have to constantly move when he's playing defense.

I agree with your points and I'd like to add some more:

5. Prevent Ginobili from warming up. Spurs top scorer can take over the game, as soon as he starts rolling we need to put Wilkins on him.

6. Don't collapse on D. They are deadly from outside - Jefferson, Bonner, and Neal all shoot well above 40% for 3.

7. Use size and athleticism advantage. Spurs play a lot of small ball, Hawks should be able to outrebound them and score inside.

Not feeling good about this one. Zaza is out if I read the AJC correctly. When I think Spurs, I see 25 straight points from Manu 3 years back. 40 from Parker a couple ago. 20 something boards from Duncan fresh in the memory. To say a win down there would be huge is the understatement of the year. Without Joe too? Don't give me the ammo!

Edited by gsuteke

I didn't realize that the Spurs were so good. However, I think it's time we put them through the paces.

My keys to victory:

1. Ball control. This team is good at stealing the ball. They have perked up their defense. We ought to not make dumb passes and work a consistent plan/

2. Hit your free throws. That's just it, hit the free throws. Unlike previous years, SA is hitting FTs at a good rate, we have to "be more man than them" in my best Appollo Creed voice.

3. Stop Parker's drives. Parker is shooting over 50% from the field. That means that he's driving a lot. This is where Collins can work his magic. Collins is great on the flop. Tonight is the time for Collins and Zaza to draw the Offensive charge.

4. Make Dunk work. I don't know how they use Blair, Splitter, and McDyess but I know they have a rotation. The thing is that Popp is resting Duncan. That means while old man Duncan is out there, he should have to constantly move when he's playing defense.

When was the last time they beat the Spurs?

I don't think we have won in San Antonio in the Tim Duncan era.

The last win I remember was when Nique was the Spurs leading scorer

in 96-97

That's actually correct. That was actually the last time the Hawks won in San Antonio.

The Spurs can dominate the Hawks on offense and on defense. It will be a tough game for sure.

He's saving his troll Joe posts for when he comes back. For now he'll show up whenever we lose, never when we win, and troll about the same things.

t90087dgsfj.jpg

Ever seen this movie? I it goes for some sports fans also.

What can I do to Joe that he hasn't already done to himself?

He embarrassed himself in the playoffs last year and pretty much has this season so far.

The results speak for themselves.

The way of today's world is phony optimism and a real uncritical eye. Pretty sad I must say.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

t90087dgsfj.jpg

Ever seen this movie? I it goes for some sports fans also.

What can I do to Joe that he hasn't already done to himself?

He embarrassed himself in the playoffs last year and pretty much has this season so far.

The results speak for themselves.

The way of today's world is phony optimism and a real uncritical eye. Pretty sad I must say.

trolls.jpg