• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Pacers

exodus

Yeah, I hope Powell is ok. Gotta love what he brings to the table most nights.

I'm tired of Mo Evans' non-productive self. Give those minutes to Wilkens...at least he can play D on top of giving you the handful of points Evans does.

Overall good game, although we let them back in the game late (we weren't playing D and had some TOs), but finally turned it on after that. Teague had a decent game...still just disappears after he hands the ball off. It has become all too apparent that Jamal Crawford is our primary backup SG AND PG. Al was great, and Smoove did his thing on both ends. Hard to believe Bibby had just three points all game.

Adn Ex, I totally agree with you about giving some of Mo's minutes to JC2...but its hard for him to earn minutes when Drew is putting him on the Inactive list every game.

• Premium Member

Wilkins should take every single second of playing time away from Mo Evans. Mo Evans needs to retire, the guy is beyond dreadful right now.

I'll also add that It was quite interesting to see LD go with Wilkins instead of Marvin Williams in the fourth. Surprised no one has mentioned that. Not a good sign if your Marvin when a dude signed off the street is taking your minutes away in his fourth game.

Edited by Atlantaholic

Wilkins should take every single second of playing time away from Mo Evans. Mo Evans needs to retire, the guy is beyond dreadful right now.

I'll also add that It was quite interesting to see LD go with Wilkins instead of Marvin Williams in the fourth. Surprised no one has mentioned that. Not a good sign if your Marvin when a dude signed off the street is taking your minutes away in his fourth game.

I Think Marvin is used to it by now. Marvin starts , but guys like

Childress , Flip Murray, and Jamal Crawford finish the games in crunch time.

I didn't get to see tonight's game but watched the highlights and also read this quote from Jim O'Brien that you gotta love.

QUOTABLE: "Al Horford shut down Roy Hibbert tonight and gave him nothing in the low post. He's more physical than Roy, and he's a very good player."

-- Indiana coach Jim O'Brien, on the game's key matchup.

Great job by the team to come back on a back-to-back after being gone and losing a game like we did last night to beat a team that has given the other good teams around the league fits.

Larry Drew isn't much better or perhaps any better than Mike.

So many of these coaches would rather play unproductive vets instead of rookies that might actually help. No wonder the dummies get fired all the time.

Marvin played 42 minutes the previous night.

This is true. Had not thought about that.

I thought about this quote by MC from the Miami game not even a week ago when Mo was unfortunately playing the 4th.

Wilkins obviously doesn’t know all of the plays and coverages yet, and Drew said he thought Marvin’s energy was sapped on the back-to-back as he still works his way back from the knee injury.

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2010/12/05/atlanta-hawks-heat-89-hawks-77/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks

Thankfully I'm guessing that Damien knows more of the scheme now to mitigate Mo to the bench on nights Marvin doesn't have the stamina.

• Premium Member

There definitely seems to be something physically wrong with Marvin... I mean, on top of his usual awkwardness... It's weird though some games he seems fine and other days he moves like a 60 year old grandmother. Whatever the status is with Marvin and his knees I have no problem with Damien playing instead of Marvin, and obviously I much prefer Damien to Mo Evans. To be honest Damien Wilkins has impressed me. He plays great defense and plays with good energy. If he starts hitting some more shots we've got ourselves a significant upgrade in our SF depth from the start of the season. Makes you wonder why it took us this long to sign the guy.

I much prefer Damien to Mo Evans. To be honest Damien Wilkins has impressed me. He plays great defense and plays with good energy. If he starts hitting some more shots we've got ourselves a significant upgrade in our SF depth from the start of the season. Makes you wonder why it took us this long to sign the guy.

I wondered that too. Sometimes I think maybe teams are afraid to put a marginal hometown favorite type guy on the roster, for fear if he doesn't make it, the fans will get angry.

:computer2: :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

"Teague hands the ball off, then dissapears."

Really? Then tell us, how did JT get all those rebounds? Had a career high last night.

Look closely at the little guy. He's no mamby pamby. The way he's built and as quick

as he is, I'll bet on him in a fight with someone his size.

And, on defense, he and Wilkins combined to get the job done very well. In fact, the bench

outplayed the starting five. Quicker, with a lot more energy. Give them a lot of credit for

last night's win, along with the head coach who believed in them and used them.

You know something. Every team in the NBA, if we are to believe some, have much better

players and coaches than Atlanta. Yet, this Hawk team continues to win more than they lose.

They tell us, "You haven't played any one yet." Did it ever occur to any of these genisus thinkers

that one reason these teams have lost games is because they played Atlanta? Well, duh!

• Like 1

They are a lot better than a lot of the teams. One think I like better about the team this year. They may not be beating the winners, but they are beating the losers. Last few years it seemed like they would play well against the really good teams and then struggle against the weaker teams. Say they had hung in there and won in SA, then lost to Indy, their record would be the same.

Edited by Randy
  • Like 1

:computer2: :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

"Teague hands the ball off, then dissapears."

Really? Then tell us, how did JT get all those rebounds? Had a career high last night.

Look closely at the little guy. He's no mamby pamby. The way he's built and as quick

as he is, I'll bet on him in a fight with someone his size.

On offense GM. Since I know you watch the games, you see what he does on offense. It's almost as if he passes it off and says, "Please don't pass it back to me."

However, the effort to get the rebounds was really nice.