• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

joe johnson with another 6-20 shooting night

gsuteke

Joe was rusty will be the excuse? Ya think? I'm getting fristrated at this point with the Hawks management and coaching staff.

How do you play somebody on friday who started shooting on Monday? By the way he shot longer shots tuesday and wednesday as the week went on.

Drew was quoted pre-game as saying he found out 20 minutes earlier Joe was starting tonight.

Really? Seriously, really? Isn't this fool the Head Coach? Doesn't he make the lineup calls?

• Like 3

For every action, there is an equal and opposite overreaction.

~lw3

If Joe thought he was ready (and had medical clearance) this was a good game for him to come out and try on. Charlotte is terrible (I pity their poor fans)..so as long as JJ didn't totally screw it up we were going to win. Shooting was off but he played well otherwise.

I think the guys were looking forward to a weekend....win's a win I guess.

Now if the Falcons can pull it off at Seattle on Sunday this town is gonna rock !! line%20dance.gif

• Premium Member

If Joe thought he was ready (and had medical clearance) this was a good game for him to come out and try on. Charlotte is terrible (I pity their poor fans)..so as long as JJ didn't totally screw it up we were going to win. Shooting was off but he played well otherwise.

I think the guys were looking forward to a weekend....win's a win I guess.

Now if the Falcons can pull it off at Seattle on Sunday this town is gonna rock !! line%20dance.gif

Drew is way below par for a head coach. Cant believe all of the sacks on here that were ok with his hiring as head coach.

...Drew was quoted pre-game as saying he found out 20 minutes earlier Joe was starting tonight.

Really? Seriously, really? Isn't this fool the Head Coach? Doesn't he make the lineup calls?

Well teke....that just shows the confidence LD has in his coaching system. He obviously realized that his motion offense would work with or without JJ and that the other players are so unselfish that they didn't need to know their roles until tipoff.

Seriously though - I certainly see your point. If that's really true (the 20 minute thing).

Didn't expect to see Joe back nearly this soon...figured it wouldn't be til early Jan.

About the only thing I do have a problem with is him playing so many minutes tonight. Yeah, I know we don't have Crawford ready to go, but JJ did play 37 minutes. Knowing the little I do know, I would have tried to ease him in a bit more and played him a little less, but that's just me.

Outside of his clearly rusty shot, he looked okay.

Joe was rusty will be the excuse? Ya think? I'm getting fristrated at this point with the Hawks management and coaching staff.

love how no matter what people always find ways to hate on this team.. a W is all that matters

Edited by cwill1410

love how no matter what people always find ways to hate on this team.. a W is all that matters

You keep thinking that a W is all that matters.

Dumb decisions like playing Joe before allowing adequate practice time and leaving Marvin Williams in the starting lineup over a Center when Joe did indeed return are a microcasm of why the Hawks get destroyed every year come playoff time by good teams who have time to game plan for the Hawks.

• Like 1

Dumb is starting Josh Smith at SF. Joe brought attention to him which created a lot of open shots for everyone else. Joe numbers weren't great but his impact was.

• Like 4

You keep thinking that a W is all that matters.

Dumb decisions like playing Joe before allowing adequate practice time and leaving Marvin Williams in the starting lineup over a Center when Joe did indeed return are a microcasm of why the Hawks get destroyed every year come playoff time by good teams who have time to game plan for the Hawks.

SO starting Josh at SF is smart? Look back to the Boston game (a good defensive team) where he got shutdown and couldnt hit a shot. Pretty pathetic. Especially after Marvin scored 26 against Boston. If u think starting Collins at Center everygame is the solution to our problems, your an idiot. Especially last night whos Bobcats team had a starting center of 6'10. someone who horford could easily man handle. Just cause ur a mod doesnt mean u no everything

How dare you diss Joe he was suppose to be out 4-6 weeks and he came back in 15 days. great work ethic by JJ to come back so quick. sike, still typical JJ garbage shooting and the same excuse it his elbow, we need to trade JJ fast a possible cuz hes not worth 120mil we need to take back less talent to get rid of JJ and his money.

A rookie head coach, a new system, one of our best players playing hurt and missing games, a sf that doesn't play to his ability, a pf that makes stupid decisions and has attitude problems, an old pg that can't defend, a young pg that doesn't develop, a horrible bench other than Jamal, an undersized center that should be playing pf, a front office that is clueless and unwilling to spend money. I've heard all of these complaints at one time this season on this board but here is a fact. There are 30 teams in the NBA and only 13 of them have winning records right now. The Hawks happen to be one of them.

• Like 4

My original thread 3 weeks ago about sitting JJ down a week before we all found out he was having surgery out of the blue was met with the same "critical acclaim."

I think Drew is in self-preservation mode at this point.

I don't have a problem with Joe at all, I do have a problem with running him out there with little to no practice time resulting in another 4-16 night or whatever it was yesterday.

• Moderators

My original thread 3 weeks ago about sitting JJ down a week before we all found out he was having surgery out of the blue was met with the same "critical acclaim."

I think Drew is in self-preservation mode at this point.

I don't have a problem with Joe at all, I do have a problem with running him out there with little to no practice time resulting in another 4-16 night or whatever it was yesterday.

The truth is with JJ and Jamal out we have NO shooting guards. That's a problem. Back problems usually don't go away during the season. If we weren't going to trade Jamal before we sure as hell better now. I think Joe was a warm body at the 2 that provided more defense, more assists, and at least a threat to shoot over Marvin.

We have to hope we can pull off some kind of trade to get a wing who can score and play a little defense. For all the talk about centers and point guards we have a sorry collection of 2s and 3s. With Jamal out we've got Joe and that's it in terms of guys who can play both ends of the floor.

Point taken but we're talking 3 or 4 games if you sit him an additional week.

Hardly anything they've done this year has made sense.

What's the point? His shooting stroke is not going to get better in practice. Mean whille that is 3 to 4 games we lose of the team getting re-adjusted to having him out there. If we can throw away 3 or 4 games then let it be with Joe and the team working out the kinks. The Doc says he's healthy so what's the risk?