• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How bad do you guys want to get rid of Marvin?

gsuteke

Ron Artest wants out of LA possibly due to being relegated to Marvin's current role in our offensive system which is to sit on the perimeter at the 3 pt line. He has 3 yrs and 22 million left on his deal after this season - somewhat comparable to what Marvin is due.

Seriously, how bad DO YOU WANT TO GET RID OF MARVIN?

I wouldn't want rid of Marvin badly enough to trade him away for Artest, that much I do know.

As far as how badly I *would* want rid of him, my thought on that is that I'd only like to trade him (or anyone else) for someone or somethings (picks) which might be an upgrade in return. In other words I wouldn't give him away for peanuts simply just to get rid of him.

I am not saying I'd pull the trigger necessarily but Artest has something that Marvin doesn't - he has that alpha male disposition. Artest was an absolute beast on both the offensive and defensive ends for the Rockets against the Lakers 2 years ago, not to mention his playoff performances for the Lakers last year.

Hey if you want to get rid of Marvin for the anti-Marvin here is your chance.

Mo Evans and Marvin Williams are your options at SF. Championship?????

• Admin

I am not saying I'd pull the trigger necessarily but Artest has something that Marvin doesn't - he has that alpha male disposition. Artest was an absolute beast on both the offensive and defensive ends for the Rockets against the Lakers 2 years ago, not to mention his playoff performances for the Lakers last year.

Championship is pretty dramatic for a player that can't seem to work out on any team he has been on (even with his talent). His skills have been declining.

I think Marvin has passed the point where u can keep talking about his potential and how much room he has to improve.

He should have shown more by this time in his career. If the deal is good, i wouldn't hesitate to trade him at this point.

• Admin

I think Marvin has passed the point where u can keep talking about his potential and how much room he has to improve.

He should have shown more by this time in his career. If the deal is good, i wouldn't hesitate to trade him at this point.

I don't think it is about trading or not trading Marvin. Its more,.. do we want Artest?

• Premium Member

The problem is that Artest still has that Alpha Male disposition despite the fact that he's now an Epsilon Male level talent. That is not a good thing.

• Like 1

Marvin is a valuable player, and I respect him, but I think we should place him on the trading block, and see what we can get with him. I am thinking Shaq or Marc Gasol, so we can move Al to PF, and have a true center. Also, Ron Artest might be an option for a Lakers-Hawks trade. I am fine with Marvin, but if we decide to trade him, let's get somebody worthwhile in the deal.