• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want and how much will you spend poll

coachx

What is the MAX you would give up for the following players  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am only puting in trade propsal that work out salary wise. Some players cannot be included b/c salaries do not work.

Multiple selections for each choice are allowed. I want to see the maxium that posters would give up in certain trades.

Finally edited to allow multiple options on the last 2 questions.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

I guess I'm the only one who voted yes for:

Smoove / Crawford / ZaZa

for

Billups / Nene

It accomplishes 2 things !

1. We get a legit starting quality PG and C to better round out the roster this season and next

2. It opens up cap space to take a swing at either Chris Paul, Deron Williams, or Dwight Howard in free agency after next season with a max offer.

We we can have our cake and eat it too !

Does seeing this change anyone's opinion on this deal ?

Edited by coachx

If the Nuggets did trade Anthony and started entertianing ideas... why not:

Josh & Jamal

for

Billups & Nene

I wouldn't think you'd need to add anything else like Zaza.

Giving us:

Billups

Joe

Marvin

Al

Nene

MUCHMUCH needed leadership and toughness. Then with Bibby leading the second crew, it opens up some options with Evans expiring, JC2, Teague and Trade Exception to get a new 6th man off the bench or a 3rd big that is dirtier than Zaza. Say, a Ben Gordon or something? We could gamble, because in theory Nene and Billups are not on the hook for that long if we don't want them to be.

That starting 5 right there could make it to the ECF, I think.

Josh & Jamal

for

Billups & Nene

Giving us:

Billups

Joe

Marvin

Al

Nene

MUCHMUCH needed leadership and toughness. Then with Bibby leading the second crew, it opens up some options with Evans expiring, JC2, Teague and Trade Exception to get a new 6th man off the bench or a 3rd big that is dirtier than Zaza. Say, a Ben Gordon or something? We could gamble, because in theory Nene and Billups are not on the hook for that long if we don't want them to be.

ZaZa is bascially thrown in for accounting purposes for 2 reasons:

1. It keeps the ASG under the luxury tax and they will still get that profit sharing check

2. We need ZaZa off the books in the summer of 2012 in order to be under the salary cap enough to make a max offer for Howard, Paul, or D. Williams.

Edited by coachx

Josh & Jamal

for

Billups & Nene

Giving us:

Billups

Joe

Marvin

Al

Nene

I'm not that impressed with Nene as a center. He's a good scorer, but he only gets 7 rebounds a game in 30+ minutes. As far as the PG solution, I would use Jamal as the starting PG, and let Bibby/Teague fill in off the bench. I was surprised when we re-signed Bibby after making the trade for Jamal. I had assumed then that Jamal would be our PG.

Harrington will be a BYC until the summer when Melo will already be gone.

Harrington isn't a BYC player.

Its tough to talk about these trades without 2 questions being answered.

1- would Nene resign with the Hawks? He can opt out of his contract at the end of the season so without assurances he would resign then he isn't worth a ton to the Hawks.

2- are the ASG willing to commit to playign the luxury tax next season to keep the team together.

I think that BIllups and Nene would be spectacular for the team, but if the team isn't going to be willing to pay the tax then it doesn't matter how much they improve the Hawks if its only for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

Harrington isn't a BYC player.

Its tough to talk about these trades without 2 questions being answered.

1- would Nene resign with the Hawks? He can opt out of his contract at the end of the season so without assurances he would resign then he isn't worth a ton to the Hawks.

2- are the ASG willing to commit to playign the luxury tax next season to keep the team together.

I think that BIllups and Nene would be spectacular for the team, but if the team isn't going to be willing to pay the tax then it doesn't matter how much they improve the Hawks if its only for the rest of the season.

That is the truth.

I'm not that impressed with Nene as a center. He's a good scorer, but he only gets 7 rebounds a game in 30+ minutes. As far as the PG solution, I would use Jamal as the starting PG, and let Bibby/Teague fill in off the bench. I was surprised when we re-signed Bibby after making the trade for Jamal. I had assumed then that Jamal would be our PG.

i would have to disagree. i really like nene has a center. He is playing a lot better but he just has the aggressive mentality. Although he may not get number all of the time when he is on the floor i feel like he creates an energy for the team. Kind of similar to what ronny turriaf does for the knicks.

I like Nene, but the injury-prone qualifier should've been applied to him instead of Kaman. Would never take a chance on veterans with multiple pronged injury absence periods. Love Billups, but isn't he going to hit the over the hill wall sooner than later? I think I'm just valuing Jamal in his role more than anybody else. In a utopian society, I'd keep Al and Jamal, force Curry away from G.S. and dump everybody else to whoever would take them. Let Sund flesh out the rest of the roster including a superstar to equal the departure of Joe and Josh. I wish it was that easy.

I want to move Smith, but I think he is worth more than these guys together. Billups would be nice, but the trade price needs to reflect that he is turning 35 in Sept. Nene doesn't rebound nor bring a defensive presence, which kind of negates his offense.

I want to move Smith, but I think he is worth more than these guys together. Billups would be nice, but the trade price needs to reflect that he is turning 35 in Sept. Nene doesn't rebound nor bring a defensive presence, which kind of negates his offense.

Nooooooo, don't tell others this. Nene can rebound like Rodman, his defense is like Hakeem's, and his offense is like Brad Dougthery. He's our championship piece. Look at Billups, his stats show that he's still the same, we can win a title.

What if Denver just has a lot better offers?

They won't, we offer the cap flexibility and Josh Smith, a championship quality PF who can bang, that's the best deal they will get.

But Smith is our most talented player?

He is dumb as bricks, trade him. He's defense is overrated. His offense is terrible to watch, trade him.

What if other GM's feel the same way?

They won't, Josh has an impact.

But didn't Zach Randolph get moved for a cap relief, wouldn't Josh be the same type since he's not a championship piece for any team?

No way, Z-Bo sucks, he has a major attitude problem and isn't a player who has high impact. We can get a lot more for Smith than Z-Bo.

Nene had 1 non-recurring Knee Injury to miss time. He also had non-recurring cancer. I don't think that either one of those make him "injury prone".

Really? I'm misinformed. It just seemed like he's missed 2 years worth of time to me. Huge respect to anyone who returns from cancer and knee (reconstruction?), but I'd be a pretty cold GM and wouldn't even consider him. If these problems arise again and missed considerable time, you can't say you didn't know that it was probable. I just have a hard time seeing guys on the sideline getting the same check as if he had the basketball month of his life. Call it Claxton Syndrome.

• Premium Member

Really? I'm misinformed. It just seemed like he's missed 2 years worth of time to me. Huge respect to anyone who returns from cancer and knee (reconstruction?), but I'd be a pretty cold GM and wouldn't even consider him. If these problems arise again and missed considerable time, you can't say you didn't know that it was probable. I just have a hard time seeing guys on the sideline getting the same check as if he had the basketball month of his life. Call it Claxton Syndrome.

Yeah, I get where you are coming from. But the guy has been very healthy lately, so I agree with spot, and definitely wouldn't categorize him as a big injury risk. I think I would probably flip Smoove for Nene if given the chance. The guy is a total team player, and his defense is not bad at all. He does not have the impact of Smith obviously but he is a big athletic guy with veteran savy. His rebounding is about the same as Smiths and his offense is much, much better. Not sure how much better we would be but with the way the team has looked this year, if we have an opportunity to shake up the roster we need to bite the bullet and hope it works out for the better.

Nene tore his ACL which has become a very routine thing to fix in the NBA. Its not like he had microfracture surgery. IF you won't deal with guys who tear an ACL then you are cutting off a whole lot of people who would be big assets to the team. And I don't think testicular cancer is something that is prone to recurrence.

Edited by spotatl

• Moderators

Nene tore his ACL which has become a very routine thing to fix in the NBA. Its not like he had microfracture surgery. IF you won't deal with guys who tear an ACL then you are cutting off a whole lot of people who would be big assets to the team. And I don't think testicular cancer is something that is prone to recurrence.

Espeically if you are comparing Kaman and Nene. Guess which is which for games played for the 2008/09-2010/11 seasons:

Player #1

76 games

82 games

48 games

Player #2

31 games

76 games

10 games