• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do these available PGS have any appeal?

AtlHomer

Andre Miller all day...he's up there in age. Still a good stopgap until Teague decides to play.

Agreed NOTR. Of course Nash would be my dream stopgap...but Andre Miller would do just fine in my humble opinion.

Personally I think it's key we get a stopgap and quit hoping for Teague to be the quick answer.

In the game of end-of-the-benchers against Detroit (in order of effectiveness):

#1 Josh Powell - played 1:17 mins...made one shot - two points

#2 Mo Evans - DNP-CD

#3 Jeff Teague - played 1:24 mins...missed the only shot he took and produced one turnover on a silly dribbling sequence.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I really think Miller could cost us Marvin. I like Marvin and I know ASG values him a lot more than HS and other Hawks fans do but that could be a real possibility. I wouldn't be surprised if Atlanta strikes a deal like this just because Miller deal is can be void next season but ASG really values Marvin a lot. I also hear Atlanta values Jamal a lot, so would say too much but most all say too much for Marvin. The people I spoke to haven't heard any new news on the trade front but here is what I like.

Portland: Marvin

Atlanta: PTL 1st since ATL really values him, Andre Miller, "my two favs" Mayo, Thabeet

Memphis: Jamal and Etan

Miller/Bibby/Teague/Sy

Joe/Mayo/Jordan

Smith/Mo/Wilkins

Horf/Powell

Collins/Thabeet/Zaza

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=5v8wdr4

Miller is likely here this year at max. Bibby get spot mins as Mayo gets spot mins at PG as well to see his potential at the position while he plays key mins for us as a 6th man for the rest of this season and playoffs. Atlanta saves money and gets to compete with guys with a lot of potential like Mayo, Teague, Jordan, and Thabeet which gives them a sound young core when to groom so they don't peak early as a team overall. This makes a lot of sense as it wouldn't be giving the keys to a player who hasn't played the position in a professional game as a starter for a playoff team which can be too much at the moment.

Realisticly it shouldn't take more than than our first rounder and teague to get brooks. It's fair for both teams.

Realistic, they want a lot for Brooks. A player like Smoove. They want too much. Andre Miller seems more likely as the team is trying to get younger but pieces who can play as well. Portland as well as Cleveland rate Marvin very highly. Atlanta does too. Marvin would be a viable piece to land Miller but would Atlanta part with Marvin... probably not. As I said, you guys rate some players really low and some really high when that's not the case at all. A lot of teams like Marvin. A lot. Teague's potential is liked by coaches and his own teammates. The players and coaches know who can play. It's deeper than what you see in games. But I really think Houston wants too much for Brooks. Too much.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

I'm all for Brooks as well...what do you guys think of a Brooks/Battier for Marvin/Teague trade. Not sure if Houston would bite but it would be one of the best deals out there for us. We get a quick pg in Brooks whose stock has decreased due to a bad year(change of scenery could help that) and a veteran lockdown sf in Battier who would be a huuuuge asset to us come playoff time. I think I've proposed Battier to us in one form or another in about 20 threads on Hawksquawk over the years. I tried it out on the espn trade machine and it works. I think with the Yao situation, Houston might be looking to rebuild. I know their owner and gm hate rebuilding in Houston but it might be time for a fire sale there.

The LT does muddy the waters, but in terms of talent and long-term value:

1) Harris

2) Brooks

3) Miller

Harris just does what we need from the PG, defense, drive and dish and some shooting. The defense he brings being the best asset. But, his contract has to be considered, thus Brooks is probably the better option.

I don't like Miller as he's just a patch. I would like to get some stability at PG going forward. Harris and Brooks have that potential, Miller doesn't. Just my 2 cents.

The LT does muddy the waters, but in terms of talent and long-term value:

1) Harris

2) Brooks

3) Miller

Harris just does what we need from the PG, defense, drive and dish and some shooting. The defense he brings being the best asset. But, his contract has to be considered, thus Brooks is probably the better option.

I don't like Miller as he's just a patch. I would like to get some stability at PG going forward. Harris and Brooks have that potential, Miller doesn't. Just my 2 cents.

Devin Harris isn't on the block anymore than Smoove.

Miller is a stop gap which is why Atlanta probably wouldn't trade a player like Marvin for him.

If Portland offered Miller and the rights to Joel Freeland for Marvin. Atlanta would really have to consider the trade.

Call me silly, but Billups would be the best fit since he's really good for what we do and can help us for the next couple of years but I all I've heard is he's not on the block unless it's packaged w/ Melo. Just not high on Harris and haven't asked anybody in the know if Atlanta likes Harris. I'll text one of my guys today and see. Either way, it's unlikely that either player will be Hawks.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Realistic, they want a lot for Brooks. A player like Smoove. They want too much. Andre Miller seems more likely as the team is trying to get younger but pieces who can play as well. Portland as well as Cleveland rate Marvin very highly. Atlanta does too. Marvin would be a viable piece to land Miller but would Atlanta part with Marvin... probably not. As I said, you guys rate some players really low and some really high when that's not the case at all. A lot of teams like Marvin. A lot. Teague's potential is liked by coaches and his own teammates. The players and coaches know who can play. It's deeper than what you see in games. But I really think Houston wants too much for Brooks. Too much.

Do you have any facts to back up this claim?

They've got a guy making 2 million with an expiring contract who the team has clearly decided they no longer want to start for them and you think that they're asking for a borderline All-Star player in return? I doubt that is the case but even if it were you'd have an extremely difficult time matching up talent for dollars when the best player on their end of a potential multi-player trade is only making 2 million and someone of similar ability for us would be making so much more.

Adelman is a terrific coach and he'd get production from either of our young guards so I feel pretty confident that they'd take Teague or JC2 plus a 1st and be glad to be rid of Brooks.

• Moderators

They've got a guy making 2 million with an expiring contract who the team has clearly decided they no longer want to start for them and you think that they're asking for a borderline All-Star player in return? I doubt that is the case but even if it were you'd have an extremely difficult time matching up talent for dollars when the best player on their end of a potential multi-player trade is only making 2 million and someone of similar ability for us would be making so much more.

Adelman is a terrific coach and he'd get production from either of our young guards so I feel pretty confident that they'd take Teague or JC2 plus a 1st and be glad to be rid of Brooks.

I don't know how they value Teague and/or JC2, but I agree with you on Brooks. If Houston thought they could get a Josh Smith-level player for him, they would want to resign him themselves (or at least would want the rest of the league to think they were going to do that) instead of making it publicly known that he won't be back next year.

Add on top of that the fact that Brooks is clearly not close to Josh's level (and Houston's benching of Brooks is a strong signal they know that), and I can't believe they expect to get a lot back for Brooks. More likely, they are hoping to deal Yao's expiring contract plus sweetener like Brooks, picks, Jordan Hill, etc. in a bigger deal to get a high profile player from a team interested in cap relief, $$, and some young talent.

I don't know how they value Teague and/or JC2, but I agree with you on Brooks. If Houston thought they could get a Josh Smith-level player for him, they would want to resign him themselves (or at least would want the rest of the league to think they were going to do that) instead of making it publicly known that he won't be back next year.

Add on top of that the fact that Brooks is clearly not close to Josh's level (and Houston's benching of Brooks is a strong signal they know that), and I can't believe they expect to get a lot back for Brooks. More likely, they are hoping to deal Yao's expiring contract plus sweetener like Brooks, picks, Jordan Hill, etc. in a bigger deal to get a high profile player from a team interested in cap relief, $, and some young talent.

Yep I could see that being the case and I could see him being included in a deal for Melo where they took back JR Smith and Brooks ended up in Denver.

Just the info I heard from my Hawks sources close the org. Both agreed in uni cent even tho I spoke to them at different times. My NBA guy said the same thing.

Brooks worth comes from this stat-line from last year. I think that's the reason. I don't follow Houston to know what their issue is. But they value him high, I know that much.

2009-10 HOU 82 35:36 7.0 16.2 43.2 2.6 6.4 39.8 3.0 3.6 82.2 0.7 2.0 2.6 5.3 2.8 0.8 0.2 2.4 19.6

# wise, Brooks was borderline last year. They want a lot for Brooks.

RA is one of my favorite coaches. I love him, I just don't care for Houston without Ming.

I don't know why they value Brooks so I can't say either. I know why Atlanta values the players they have though.

Who said Houston won't resign him? They just didn't early ext him and are seeing if they can get more talent or better. Like Atlanta is doing Jamal.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Just the info I heard from my Hawks sources close the org. Both agreed in uni cent even tho I spoke to them at different times. My NBA guy said the same thing.

Brooks worth comes from this stat-line from last year. I think that's the reason. I don't follow Houston to know what their issue is. But they value him high, I know that much.

2009-10 HOU 82 35:36 7.0 16.2 43.2 2.6 6.4 39.8 3.0 3.6 82.2 0.7 2.0 2.6 5.3 2.8 0.8 0.2 2.4 19.6

# wise, Brooks was borderline last year. They want a lot for Brooks.

RA is one of my favorite coaches. I love him, I just don't care for Houston without Ming.

I don't know why they value Brooks so I can't say either. I know why Atlanta values the players they have though.

Who said Houston won't resign him? They just didn't early ext him and are seeing if they can get more talent or better. Like Atlanta is doing Jamal.

If he is on the block it would probably be assumed they do not want to resign him. Matching a longterm MLE signing is the minimum for Brooks next season and Houston is already paying out plenty of dollars for two iffy players Ming and Miller. A snt is always a possibility for next season but I do not see them keeping Brooks considering how well Lowry is playing and how unhappy both parties are with Brooks current situation. If Houston keeps him it will be because they see Brooks as a starter for them not a reserve.

The Rockets may always change their stance and put Brooks back in the starting lineup but of the better PG options in this list, Brooks seems the most likely to be traded in a fire sale right now.

• Moderators

You are right that he will be a restricted FA this offseason and may be retained. Houston is certainly looking to keep their options open.

The fact that he very publicly was upset at the lack of an extension and the fact that they have now benched him makes me question very, very strongly why in the world they would value him like a Josh Smith, though. The fact that he is putting up career-worst numbers this season doesn't help either.

• Premium Member

You are right that he will be a restricted FA this offseason and may be retained. Houston is certainly looking to keep their options open.

The fact that he very publicly was upset at the lack of an extension and the fact that they have now benched him makes me question very, very strongly why in the world they would value him like a Josh Smith, though. The fact that he is putting up career-worst numbers this season doesn't help either.

Whether it is Harris, Brooks, or Sessions, I think most Hawks fans agree the a changes is necessary. Improvement at the PG position can have a postive impact throughout the lineup, both offensively and defensively. Let's hope Sund can make a deal that will improve the team.