• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We can all agree

Wurider05

We can all agree that in order for us to make a major move we will have to part with JJ, Craw, Al or Smoove, . Getting rid of Marvin the (5th option) isn't going to make us any better. Ramon Sessions will not put us over the hump. You can't make your team a contender if you aren't willing to give up one of your best players. In order to get you have to give.

We need a pg.

If we trade Marvin we need to do it for a good 2guard and move JJ to the SF. We can't survive with Smoove playing the three? Yeah he looks good against weak teams but we need to look at the big picture. Trade Craw for a pg? I don't think Marvin will get us much in terms of improving the team. We got to go for the brass ring folks. They really should consider offers for Josh Smith.

I would agree if this was in 2001 but in today's NBA, we a star or superstar at a need position. Harris doesn't help us that much in the grand scheme of things. We still are one and done if not out by the 2nd round.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Premium Member

The problem with this whole scenario is that while we fans agree on Hawksquawk , Gearon, the one making the decisions apparently believes we can compete with the current roster.

That's it in a nutshell folks.

Michael Gearon also believes it is the fans fault and lack of support that has caused the Thrashers failure...

Gearon is a tool that sniffs his own farts cuz his head is so far up his own *ss.

The ASG will go down as the biggest FAILURE in Atlanta sports history. I'm so over that group of LOSERS.

• Like 2

It's unlikely anything major will happen with this team this year, so I would be completely satisfied if the Hawks tanked the second half of the season to miss or barely make the playoffs, and attendance fell even lower than the dismal numbers they currently are. Perhaps this will encourage ASG to sell this team to owners who care, or actually make a move to improve the team. After this season, it doesn't even look like any superstars are left for the Hawks to grab if we were even willing to spend the money.

Personally i'm looking forward to the Braves right about now.

• Like 1

Devin Harris would put us into 4th to stay and we would definitely go atleast 6 with Miami and atleast 5 with Boston in the 2nd round. We could possibly beat Miami in a 7 game series with Devin Harris. On the other hand, we would have to go 6 or 7 to beat Orlando in the 1st but with homecourt I think we would edge them out in the end because they are not as good as last year.

Devin Harris would put us into 4th to stay and we would definitely go atleast 6 with Miami and atleast 5 with Boston in the 2nd round. We could possibly beat Miami in a 7 game series with Devin Harris. On the other hand, we would have to go 6 or 7 to beat Orlando in the 1st but with homecourt I think we would edge them out in the end because they are not as good as last year.

I agree. Harris will improve the team. He just fixes so many of the primary problems of the club. I don't understand why some posters think this is a negative move.

Yeah, upgrading our PG position would be a lot bigger across the board than I think some people give credit. Our defense improves and to actually have a player that can get in the lane to create his own shot and shots for others would be almost weird to have in Atlanta.

And at the beginning of the year, I wasn't so sure i wanted to lose Crawford, but really, he has disappeared offensively (aside from a nice 8-game stretch in Dec, where has he been?) and plays no Defense. Not only do I think we CAN trade him, I'm starting to think it's imperative that we get something for him. A Harris or something like that would be ideal, but I'd almost take less.

• Premium Member

We can all agree that in order for us to make a major move we will have to part with JJ, Craw, Al or Smoove, . Getting rid of Marvin the (5th option) isn't going to make us any better. Ramon Sessions will not put us over the hump. You can't make your team a contender if you aren't willing to give up one of your best players. In order to get you have to give.

We need a pg.

If we trade Marvin we need to do it for a good 2guard and move JJ to the SF. We can't survive with Smoove playing the three? Yeah he looks good against weak teams but we need to look at the big picture. Trade Craw for a pg? I don't think Marvin will get us much in terms of improving the team. We got to go for the brass ring folks. They really should consider offers for Josh Smith.

First things first. Everything depends on the trade. I am not quick to say what having a really good PG will do for this team. The thing that everybody can agree on is that we're loaded with talent. I think that's it. Lord knows how we would react to having good PG play. All I know is that getting Bibby who was 14, 6.5 when we first got him made us into a playoff team. Bibby's older now, he has been ready to step down for two years. We now how to think of how much better we could be with a younger more defensive PG. The thing is that we're not that bad, we just have some glaring issues. This is a chance to fix one... who knows how it will effect us as a team?

I would agree if this was in 2001 but in today's NBA, we a star or superstar at a need position. Harris doesn't help us that much in the grand scheme of things. We still are one and done if not out by the 2nd round.

That's just foolish... We have the most specialized position in the game as our weakspot. You can't accurately say what moving somebody who is good into that position will do for this team. As far as Marvin goes... We're tired of your sacred cow.