• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We can't get mad over Deron

Sothron

What could the Hawks have offered to get Deron Williams that is better the what they got from the Nets.

Since you a self admitted deep thinker I'm waiting for your brilliance to shine through.

Josh Smith, Jeff Teague, Jordan Crawford and a 1st round pick in 2012, 2014, and 2016

Look at what Utah is getting from the Nets;

An All star Point guard on an affordable deal with years on it in his prime

A promising young big man in a league that always is looking for more big men

Two very likely lottery picks that AFAIK aren't even lottery protected

There is NO WAY we can match that. We'd have to give up both Joe and Horford to even get close to that and even then I would have taken the Nets deal if I was the Jazz gm.

The Jazz are well run and they made a terrific trade. The Nets are desperate to get ANYONE and they gave up their future for one year of Deron and the hope they can extend him. Utah got back an All star point guard, a good young big man and two lottery picks in the making. That's a possible four out of five STARTERS they can net from the deal.

There are always excuses and reasons why this team does nothing.

You notice the teams that are sucessful are the ones that have actually made moves.

Very true. Utah traded him before any issues came. Got an good PG with issues but good and a potential stud at PF in Favors. Atlanta just doesn't have the pieces to compete. Get mad at Sund and ASG, not Utah since they won a trade where the player was going to leave for peanuts.

Josh Smith, Jeff Teague, Jordan Crawford and a 1st round pick in 2012, 2014, and 2016

Who thinks that is better then what the Nets offered ?

Not me !

Some people here over value Smoove and under value Favors. Not to metion the Nets picks are worth more then the Hawks and that is not even close.

LOL, be serious. Favors value> Smith and that's without the picks and Harris included. We lost but we couldn't win unless we do something really stupid like trade Al. That wasn't happening.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

The Hawks are really depressing.

• Moderators

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/5862872 + 2 firsts

Honestly this looks better to me. You guys are overrating Harris and Favors

Smoove gives them what they pray Favors will be in the next 5-10 years, Craw gives them scoring and an expirer, JC2 and Teague give them a future and Bibby gives them decent shooting.

Good on you for answering the topic of the thread. Personally, I wouldn't even consider that deal over what Jersey gave them. Jersey gave them:

Harris (cheaper than Crawford)

Favors (#3 overall pick)

Unprotected Jersey Lotto Pick (currently #6 overall)

And the Golden State Top 7 2011 protected/2012 unprotected first round pick (which is guaranteed to be a lotto pick this year, IMO)

Our deal would give them a tweener forward who duplicates their position of biggest strength with Millsap and Jefferson, an over 30 one-dimensional but good scorer who is a FA in Crawford, a young PG who hasn't shown he can play minutes on the team with probably the worst PG situation in the entire league defensively and crap (Bibby, Mo). No comparison. I'd take the Jersey deal so fast your head would spin.

• Moderators

You think that's better than an All-Star PG in his prime, a young #3 pick big and 2 lottery picks? Sorry but there's no way that is better than what they got.

Agreed. This is an expression of frustration that we haven't made a move more than a rationale argument that we should have beat NJ's price with our assets.

LOL, be serious. Favors value> Smith and that's without the picks and Harris included. We lost but we couldn't win unless we do something really stupid like trade Al. That wasn't happening.

Well Favors is overvalued,be serious LOL. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

• Premium Member

There are always excuses and reasons why this team does nothing.

You notice the teams that are sucessful are the ones that have actually made moves.

There seems to be some kind of disconnect over people who think I'm defending not making trades or signing players and the reality of pointing out that Utah took the best trade offer it had for Deron which is something we couldn't have matched. I'm not remotely defending the ASG on the whole or our lack of player movement. All I'm doing is pointing out that we can't get upset we didn't get this one player because the other team simply had a better offer.

There seems to be some kind of disconnect over people who think I'm defending not making trades or signing players and the reality of pointing out that Utah took the best trade offer it had for Deron which is something we couldn't have matched. I'm not remotely defending the ASG on the whole or our lack of player movement. All I'm doing is pointing out that we can't get upset we didn't get this one player because the other team simply had a better offer.

Most of us get that.

Of course everyone here is not sane though.

• Like 1

Good on you for answering the topic of the thread. Personally, I wouldn't even consider that deal over what Jersey gave them. Jersey gave them:

Harris (cheaper than Crawford)

Favors (#3 overall pick)

Unprotected Jersey Lotto Pick (currently #6 overall)

And the Golden State Top 7 2011 protected/2012 unprotected first round pick (which is guaranteed to be a lotto pick this year, IMO)

Our deal would give them a tweener forward who duplicates their position of biggest strength with Millsap and Jefferson, an over 30 one-dimensional but good scorer who is a FA in Crawford, a young PG who hasn't shown he can play minutes on the team with probably the worst PG situation in the entire league defensively and crap (Bibby, Mo). No comparison. I'd take the Jersey deal so fast your head would spin.

If the NJ pick is unprotected then you are right. Favors duplicates Sap and Al more than Smoove though.

Well Favors is overvalued,be serious LOL.

Favors was the center piece of a trade that "netted" the Nets the best PG in the game who is still in his prime.

Results speak for themselves in terms of Favors value.

Not only that, Favors was also the center piece of the Nets package for Carmelo that came close to fruition.

Favors was the center piece of a trade that "netted" the Nets the best PG in the game who is still in his prime.

Results speak for themselves in terms of Favors value.

Not only that, Favors was also the center piece of the Nets package for Carmelo that came close to fruition.

So, and what? Center piece, center piece. Marvin was picked at #2, that's all I will say about this, don't want another one of your scarry warnings for disputing you guys and your wisdom.

Edited by Superiorblogman

The Hawks make me ill, I don't even know why I support them. They better be able to trade everyone except for some of the rookie contract guys and Al and Joe.

So, and what? Center piece, center piece. Marvin was picked at #2, that's all I will say about this, don't want another one of your scarry warnings for disputing you guys and your wisdom.

Derrick Favors has potential. More potential than Marvin ever had. He can definitely become a double-double player with good shotblocking. He's one of the better athletes in the league, and is still 19. Not only that, but you got a PG whose still productive and combine that with 2 lottery picks. I'd trade any player on our team for that deal.

The Deron trade does bring up an interesting to bad idea. Do the Hawks need to hit the reset button and starting accumulating picks so that we can trade for the likes of Paul or DH12 next year? Take a 1.5 year drop in wins, to go all in in 13? I'm on the fence with this idea.

Yes. That's the exact reason they should have never re-signed Joe Johnson and that's the exact reason New Jersey was able to make this trade and Atlanta wasn't. The Nets abandoned all hope of winning two years ago trying to accumulate assets to make a big move. The Hawks have been too busy trying to lock up the #4 seed in the East to position themselves for a mega trade.