• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We can't get mad over Deron

Sothron

• Premium Member

After calming down a bit at seeing my favorite player in the NBA we should have drafted instead of Superbust traded and not to us....I'm sorry but I am not angry at the front office.

Look at what Utah is getting from the Nets;

An All star Point guard on an affordable deal with years on it in his prime

A promising young big man in a league that always is looking for more big men

Two very likely lottery picks that AFAIK aren't even lottery protected

There is NO WAY we can match that. We'd have to give up both Joe and Horford to even get close to that and even then I would have taken the Nets deal if I was the Jazz gm.

The Jazz are well run and they made a terrific trade. The Nets are desperate to get ANYONE and they gave up their future for one year of Deron and the hope they can extend him. Utah got back an All star point guard, a good young big man and two lottery picks in the making. That's a possible four out of five STARTERS they can net from the deal.

We couldn't match that. We can't expect Utah to trade Deron to us just because we should have drafted him instead of Superbust.

• Like 2

And, we are striking out everywhere because we are the same in the front office as on the court, timid and look to have no clue when challenged. That's the thing to get frustrated about you are not looking in depth but that figures most of you guys are surface guys. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

And, we are striking out everywhere because we are the same in the front office as on the court, timid and look to have no clue when challenged. That's the thing to get frustrated about you are not looking in depth but that figures most of you guys are surface guys. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

I don't know if you are new to the site but if there's anyone on this site that hates the ASG more than I do then I will buy them a cold one. Being upset with ownership is one thing, expecting teams to take worse trades because we as fans want that player is just silly.

• Premium Member

deron williams is arguably the best point guard in the NBA. not only am I mad, i'm disappointed because the hawks do nothing but sit on their hands.

we still have the wrong williams.

I agree with everything you said and I'll go one over and say that Deron Williams IMO is hands down the best point guard in the NBA. But that doesn't change the fact, the literal fact, no offer we made could beat what the Nets offered. Tell me what deal you think Sund/Gearon could have offered to Utah that UTAH, not Hawks fans, would accept.

deron williams is arguably the best point guard in the NBA. not only am I mad, i'm disappointed because the hawks do nothing but sit on their hands.

we still have the wrong williams.

Exactly, that's the point. We don't do anything to try and get better. Are you kidding me, Kirk Hinrich or Sessions? Just think about it. What you get for Christmas? I got Deron Williams, I got Carmelo, I got Devin Harris and Favors and a bunch of other stuff. I would just ask to play with there toys rather than mention Sessions or Hinrich. :mad:

After calming down a bit at seeing my favorite player in the NBA we should have drafted instead of Superbust traded and not to us....I'm sorry but I am not angry at the front office.

There is NO WAY we can match that. We'd have to give up both Joe and Horford to even get close to that and even then I would have taken the Nets deal if I was the Jazz gm.

The Jazz are well run and they made a terrific trade. The Nets are desperate to get ANYONE and they gave up their future for one year of Deron and the hope they can extend him. Utah got back an All star point guard, a good young big man and two lottery picks in the making. That's a possible four out of five STARTERS they can net from the deal.

We couldn't match that. We can't expect Utah to trade Deron to us just because we should have drafted him instead of Superbust.

Good post Sothron and that says a lot coming from someone who hates on the ASG as much as anyone here.

The Deron trade does bring up an interesting to bad idea. Do the Hawks need to hit the reset button and starting accumulating picks so that we can trade for the likes of Paul or DH12 next year? Take a 1.5 year drop in wins, to go all in in 13? I'm on the fence with this idea.

I agree with everything you said and I'll go one over and say that Deron Williams IMO is hands down the best point guard in the NBA. But that doesn't change the fact, the literal fact, no offer we made could beat what the Nets offered. Tell me what deal you think Sund/Gearon could have offered to Utah that UTAH, not Hawks fans, would accept.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/5862872 + 2 firsts

Honestly this looks better to me. You guys are overrating Harris and Favors

Smoove gives them what they pray Favors will be in the next 5-10 years, Craw gives them scoring and an expirer, JC2 and Teague give them a future and Bibby gives them decent shooting.

• Like 1

The Deron trade does bring up an interesting to bad idea. Do the Hawks need to hit the reset button and starting accumulating picks so that we can trade for the likes of Paul or DH12 next year? Take a 1.5 year drop in wins, to go all in in 13? I'm on the fence with this idea.

It appears that the players have already hopped the fence on that idea judging by their play lately.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

If you want to blame somebody Blame Andy Miller.

According to Sources, PTL and NJ had a deal that would send Rudy F. and Andre Miller to NJ for Harris. Then out of nowhere, Andy Miller who represents Rudy said that Rudy will go back to Spain if traded. This was a public comment. It was applicable to the Harris trade and now, their sights are set on Mo Williams.

NJ got frustrated in Dealing with PTL and I guess put out a feeler to Utah. Deal got done.

Supposedly now, Deron is not going to stay in NJ.

Supposedly, he's headed to Orlando.

If Orlando gets Deron for somebody Like Richardson, I'm calling foul...

• Like 1

Almost every team has made trades to get better in the last year to get better besides this one.

This seems to be the only team in the league that just can't seem to find away to improve.

I wish Belkin would have won the teams.

• Like 1

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/5862872 + 2 firsts

Honestly this looks better to me. You guys are overrating Harris and Favors

Smoove gives them what they pray Favors will be in the next 5-10 years, Craw gives them scoring and an expirer, JC2 and Teague give them a future and Bibby gives them decent shooting.

I agree with you on this one. We could have put a good package together

What could the Hawks have offered to get Deron Williams that is better then what they got from the Nets.

Since your a self admitted deep thinker I'm waiting for your brilliance to shine through.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

If you want to blame somebody Blame Andy Miller.

According to Sources, PTL and NJ had a deal that would send Rudy F. and Andre Miller to NJ for Harris. Then out of nowhere, Andy Miller who represents Rudy said that Rudy will go back to Spain if traded. This was a public comment. It was applicable to the Harris trade and now, their sights are set on Mo Williams.

NJ got frustrated in Dealing with PTL and I guess put out a feeler to Utah. Deal got done.

Supposedly now, Deron is not going to stay in NJ.

Supposedly, he's headed to Orlando.

If Orlando gets Deron for somebody Like Richardson, I'm calling foul...

I'm with you I wanna protest if he ends up in Orlando. Seriously, we are done if he ends up in Orlando.

Boston,Miami,Chicago,NY, Orlando: better than us for next 5 years and no way to surpass them if this goes down. They should just trade everyone including Al,Joe, and Horfy if this goes down. Firesale if you can't get better "DumbSundofaGM"

Exactly, that's the point. We don't do anything to try and get better. Are you kidding me, Kirk Hinrich or Sessions? Just think about it. What you get for Christmas? I got Deron Williams, I got Carmelo, I got Devin Harris and Favors and a bunch of other stuff. I would just ask to play with there toys rather than mention Sessions or Hinrich. :mad:

You and boss are 2 peas in a pod living in wonder land.

Edited by coachx

There are always excuses and reasons why this team does nothing.

You notice the teams that are sucessful are the ones that have actually made moves.

• Like 2

Can't say I am mad because Deron probably won't resign with the Nets. Their banking on him resigning or a highly unlikely franchise tag. As a Hawk fan, this is good. We just got to trade Marvin for cap. The problem is, who will take a combo or Marvin, Zaza, and Smoove while giving contracts. Phx is the only team I think would do it and that's only to keep Nash and prove to be contenders.

Edited by nbasuperstar40