• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hinrich/Armstrong acquired.

Sothron

• Premium Member

Imma be pissed if we gave up a 1st rounder, TOO!

Why? The average guy picked at #22 (where the Hawks would pick at the season ended today) is Oliver Miller. Unless you're RC Buford, it's dumb luck if you end up with a decent player after #20.

Edited by niremetal

Gotta be Sessions no? If we somehow get Sessions AND Hinrich that would be amazing.

Berger had just tweeted that, but everyone is else tweeting the other deal. So I'm not sure what he is talking about.

Woj, tweeted this moments ago as well:

@SpearsNBAYahoo

Marc J. Spears

Wiz close to trading G Kirk Hinrich & C Hilton Armstrong to ATL for G Mike Bibby, F Mo Evans, G Jordan Crawford & a No. 1 pick, source says

• Premium Member

I can't believe you guys are belly aching about the first.

I know what the first means but in this draft, that first will be about as useless as Pape Sy. Maybe we get their 2nd.

Still. We wouldn't be able to afford a first. If this is the trade, we are on the LT line.

Something tells me that part of the plan is to resign the Crawford.

Something else tells me that we might deal Marvin to Cleveland for nadda possibly Miami's first.

am I mad? No. No reason to belly ache. This is a weak draft. Where we're picking, we probably won't do well.

I'm not upset that we are giving up the pick, especially in this year's weak draft, I jsut think WA was greedy to even ask for it as the deal is presently constructed.

And count me amongst those sad to see Bibby go, but he was killing us. We needed an upgrade. This is at least that on the defensive end. And Kirk can hit an open three, so that should stay the same.

• Premium Member

Gotta be Sessions no? If we somehow get Sessions AND Hinrich that would be amazing.

The Cavs might be getting one of our guys, not sending anyone. They still have a huge trade exception from LeBron, if memory serves.

Edited by niremetal

Why? The average guy picked at #22 (where the Hawks would pick at the season ended today) is Oliver Miller. Unless you're RC Buford, it's dumb luck if you end up with a decent player after #20.

To me, its the principle. Hinrich is 30 years old. Him + Armstrong isnt worth us giving up what we did PLUS a 1st rounder. I'd rather use that pick to either take a shot on another player (in an admittedly weak class), or--much better--sweeten another trade with it.

• Like 2