• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hinrich/Armstrong acquired.

Sothron

this trade constitutes as a "M'eh" in my book...

Not good, not bad, just kinda "M'eh"...

On a side note, I just farted, blew my mind....

My feelings exactly, I am more interested in the smell of your fart than what a serviceable player can do for the Hawks and them getting to the ECF's this year, because I know what Hinrich can do for that hope. :help wanted3:

We blow late 1st rounders anyway. I don't follow the NBA closely enough to have an opinion on Hinrich ine way or another but I do follow the Hawks drafts closely enough to know we get very little out of our non-lotto draft picks

Can't argue with that. Besides Josh and Al, what have they really done with those picks in the first round over the years besides waste them? I only wished that it could have been parlayed into a bigger deal...

Henrich is 30 going on 40. His game has done nothing but regress for 4 seasons. I would not have traded Jcraw 2 for Kirk straight up.

He has regressed because his playing time has regressed. In Chicago, they of course drafted Derrick Rose, which led to Hinrich being benched as the 2nd PG. Before this, he averaged over 15 points a game and 7 assists per game. Hinrich is a solid defender, he hustles, he can penetrate and create offense, and has a high IQ for the game, something we LACK and desperately need at the PG position.

That being said, Hinrich has the chance to come here and start, and run this offense. I guarantee he will be an upgrade over Mike Bibby, all around. Saying you wouldn't give JC2 straight up for Hinrich is ridiculous, the kid never saw the light of day on our squad. Let him grow somewhere else.

• Like 1

He has regressed because his playing time has regressed. In Chicago, they of course drafted Derrick Rose, which led to Hinrich being benched as the 2nd PG. Before this, he averaged over 15 points a game and 7 assists per game. Hinrich is a solid defender, he hustles, he can penetrate and create offense, and has a high IQ for the game, something we LACK and desperately need at the PG position.

That being said, Hinrich has the chance to come here and start, and run this offense. I guarantee he will be an upgrade over Mike Bibby, all around. Saying you wouldn't give JC2 straight up for Hinrich is ridiculous, the kid never saw the light of day on our squad. Let him grow somewhere else.

+1 Huge upgrade at the PG spot. Probably the best fit for our team/need out of what the PG's we might have been able to get, next to Felton. Lakers even wanted Hinrich because he is a solid player.

+1 Huge upgrade at the PG spot. Probably the best fit for our team/need out of what the PG's we might have been able to get, next to Felton. Lakers even wanted Hinrich because he is a solid player.

I agree. He's a much better defensive player than Bibby. I think he's a good fit with this team. This move fixes a need for us, and I think Kirk Hinrich will be what we need for the playoffs and next year. I don't know what the next trade that might be coming is, but I hope it nets a C and a backup SG/SF.

:write a letter:

Just checking on RealGM last night. Washington fans are just ho - hum about Bibby. Evans wasn't mentioned.

They are enthusiastic about two things. The draft pick and Jordon Crawford. Most of them seem to feel that JC2

was the best thing about the entire deal.

On a team fighting for existance and not a playoff birth just may be the medecine to jump start his career. We are

now down one player, swapping 3 for 2. Will we bring up our rookie guard from the D League?

:cant believe:

Still hard to believe. Hawks actually made a move. WOW!!

:helpsmilie: (Hoping it works out for everyone)

:write a letter:

Just checking on RealGM last night. Washington fans are just ho - hum about Bibby. Evans wasn't mentioned.

They are enthusiastic about two things. The draft pick and Jordon Crawford. Most of them seem to feel that JC2

was the best thing about the entire deal.

On a team fighting for existance and not a playoff birth just may be the medecine to jump start his career. We are

now down one player, swapping 3 for 2. Will we bring up our rookie guard from the D League?

:cant believe:

Still hard to believe. Hawks actually made a move. WOW!!

:helpsmilie: (Hoping it works out for everyone)

Even if we do he (Pape Sy) literally won't see a single second of action, so it won't much matter. He's so far away from playing any meaningful minutes in the NBA it's not even funny.

I do find it funny that Hinrich is good enough that the Lakers wanted him to upgrade their PG position but he is not good enough for some of the posters on here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I do find it funny that Hinrich is good enough that the Lakers wanted him to upgrade their PG position but he is not good enough for some of the posters on here.

Elephant in the room is his...

...that and the general understanding that the Hawks lacked the resources to get a better player.

Edited by mrhonline

This is a need-based trade for the Hawks, as Hinrich is a monster upgrade over Bibby at point guard on both ends of the floor. As such, Hinrich becomes a must-own in all leagues, and could recapture some of the statistical goodness he was known for during his first few seasons with the Bulls. He'll be a great source of 3-pointers, assists, steals and free throw percentage, and if you've been holding onto him all season, then congratulations are in order.

Doesn't sound like they are big fans of the trade just yet lol

Jamal Crawford

“I was a little shocked,” “I knew something could possibly happen but … you know, those guys, they’re like family. You spend so much time with them over the course of the year. Mo, Mike, and Jordan, they’re like family. I wish them nothing but the best.”

Josh Smith

“All three of those guys had become brothers to us,” Smith said. “We’re kind of sad, we are sad that they’re leaving. We wanted to win this game, we knew that Bibby asked for all the tickets before we came. Unfortunately we made the trade before he was able to play in front of his home crowd. I wish those guys good luck.”

Joe Johnson

“I guess we’ll kind of have to wait and see what happens,” Johnson said. “Anytime a trade goes down … I don’t know really what to say. We let three guys, three good guys go who I’ve become really good friends with. But at the same time, we understand the business aspect of this profession that we chose, knowing that trades happen. Sometimes, some of your teammates have to go opposite ways and you have to deal with it.”

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/02/24/joe-johnson-josh-smith-jamal-crawford-react-to-hawks-trade-wi/

I could care less if the players a fans of the trade or happy about th trade....do your job and go out and play with who you got.

Agreed. You can make new friends. Maybe not Kirk and Jamal, but everyone else can. lol! I heard they didnt get along in Chicago. Another trade coming perhaps?

• Moderators

Happy to get Kirk, but like many already said, I wish Bibs/Mo/JC2 or Bibs/Mo/Pick would have been enough. Not that I believe we needed the pick to actually draft somebody, but because it would have been much more useful in a separate trade package.

I would have loved JC2 to have been part of a deal with Cleveland. Is there another NBA city that would have been more excited about getting him?

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3