• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hubie Brown says he likes the Hinrich trade

Blunt91

If we are playing to get a star in 2012. I hope we keep Hinrich with Joe and Horford to go with Dwight.

Edited by nbasuperstar40
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Hubie is not a coach for a reason

That's true. But the reason is that he is 77 and doesn't want to coach anymore. He has a virtually unassailable history of squeezing the most out of his teams. If he were to announce his intention to return to coaching tomorrow, I can all but guarantee that a playoff-bound team would hire him before draft day.

• Like 2

You are getting annoying.

He's also wrong. Kirk Hinrich fixes a major problem we've had at PG. He's a tough and great perimeter player. He may not be the best penetrator, but he can shoot. It'll be interesting to see how well he can run the Pick-and-roll with Horford and Smith.

• Like 2

You are getting annoying.

I could care less that I annoy you. :cant believe:

He's also wrong. Kirk Hinrich fixes a major problem we've had at PG. He's a tough and great perimeter player. He may not be the best penetrator, but he can shoot. It'll be interesting to see how well he can run the Pick-and-roll with Horford and Smith.

It would have been a lot better if that PG had fixed a bigger problem which is we have no one that gets to the line consistently. Devin Harris and Sessions are in the top 40 in the NBA at FT attempts. We don't have a single person in the top 40 and that has not changed with this guy.

• Like 1

I could care less that I annoy you. :cant believe:

It would have been a lot better if that PG had fixed a bigger problem which is we have no one that gets to the line consistently. Devin Harris and Sessions are in the top 40 in the NBA at FT attempts. We don't have a single person in the top 40 and that has not changed with this guy.

I think defense is more important at this point. What you are looking for is much easier to get. We could get a better SF that can get to the line consistently. However, I don't think that's as important as finding a good athletic C that can protect the rim and rebound.

• Like 1

I think defense is more important at this point. What you are looking for is much easier to get. We could get a better SF that can get to the line consistently. However, I don't think that's as important as finding a good athletic C that can protect the rim and rebound.

I disagree because any good coach will tell you the way to stop a run is get to the line, that concept goes back to the Pee Wee team :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Horrible trade and Hubie is not a coach for a reason

Hubie is one of the proven better NBA coaches of all time. You are not an NBA talent evaluator for a reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubie_Brown

Brown is a two-time NBA Coach of the Year, the honors being separated by 26 years. Brown is in the Basketball Hall of Fame.

Brown then rejoined the NBA as head coach of the Atlanta Hawks, going 31-51 in his first season with the Hawks. But by the 1977-78 season, the Hawks had rebounded into a .500 team, finishing 41-41 and earning Coach of the Year honors for Brown. Continued to coach the Hawks, leading them to a Central Division Title in the 1979-80 season,

However, by the 2004-05 season, there were again concerns about Brown's health and age. Brown was given medical clearance to start the season, but was forced to delegate much work to his assistant coaches, including his son, Brendan Brown. This led to an incident between Brendan Brown and Jason Williams when Williams snapped at Brown during the fourth quarter of a game early on in the season. Williams eventually apologized, but the Grizzlies were beginning to struggle during the season, starting 5-7.

Brown then unexpectedly resigned from the Grizzlies on Thanksgiving Day, November 25, 2004. In a statement, he cited "unexpected health-related issues...

And there is your reason he isn't an NBA coach. His only bad season as a coach was with the Knicks when Bernard King was lost for the season with a knee injury. this man knows what it takes to win.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

Watching the game on ESPN and Hubie stated that this was a great move for Hinrich's career. Atlanta needed a guy who can defend, run the break and spread the floor. Hinrich can do all 3. Give him time to get accustomed to the other players and he will help this team.

No doubt in my mind he will help us. He will help us stay somewhere between the 6th and 8th seed for the next two seasons. This is a stop the bleeding move and nothing more. I like Hinrich but if this all we do, everyone here on the squawk will be praying for trades at next years deadline as well. I hope Sund has one more move up his sleeve. And as far as the Wizards go, their front office is probably doing backflips.

Not only did they rid themselves of the more expensive role player, but they got two 1st round picks ( this years and last seasons pick Crawford), and Evans expiring to boot. Bibby will also help Wall in a mentoring role a lot more than Hinrich, who has never been accused of being a true point guard.

This is a great move for the Wizards and a good one for us. But we need a lot more help with our immediate future than the Wizards do.

Edited by Buzzard

Hubie is one of the proven better NBA coaches of all time. You are not an NBA talent evaluator for a reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubie_Brown

Brown is a two-time NBA Coach of the Year, the honors being separated by 26 years. Brown is in the Basketball Hall of Fame.

Brown then rejoined the NBA as head coach of the Atlanta Hawks, going 31-51 in his first season with the Hawks. But by the 1977-78 season, the Hawks had rebounded into a .500 team, finishing 41-41 and earning Coach of the Year honors for Brown. Continued to coach the Hawks, leading them to a Central Division Title in the 1979-80 season,

However, by the 2004-05 season, there were again concerns about Brown's health and age. Brown was given medical clearance to start the season, but was forced to delegate much work to his assistant coaches, including his son, Brendan Brown. This led to an incident between Brendan Brown and Jason Williams when Williams snapped at Brown during the fourth quarter of a game early on in the season. Williams eventually apologized, but the Grizzlies were beginning to struggle during the season, starting 5-7.

Brown then unexpectedly resigned from the Grizzlies on Thanksgiving Day, November 25, 2004. In a statement, he cited "unexpected health-related issues...

And there is your reason he isn't an NBA coach. His only bad season as a coach was with the Knicks when Bernard King was lost for the season with a knee injury. this man knows what it takes to win.

Sorry dude. i meant to give this post a thumbs up.Im a big Hubie fan.