• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bibby: "I didn’t have the ball in my hands in ATL"

Frenzy

To be honest, i'm still scared of Bibby if we play the heat. Sure, our PG's could burn by him, but Hinrich's offense within our system needs some development if we really want to take advantage of Bibby's lack of speed.

However, for Miami, they now have the man shooting the 4th highest % from behind the arc in the NBA this season, who will see A TON of open looks with Wade/Lebron/Bosh on the floor. Am I the only one scared of a Bibby/James Jones/Wade/Lebron/Bosh lineup? if we double anybody, we leave a shooter or a star open, if we don't double, one of the big three will take advantage. Obviously, it isn't like Bibby is gonna set the world on fire and somehow start averaging 20 on the Heat, but any time to surround stars with shooter, anything is bound to happen.

However, back to the original point, Bibby has gone crazy if he thinks he gets to handle the ball more in MIA than he did in Atlanta, maybe he's on that Sheen!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Now com'on my fellow squawkers, we all know why bibby said what he said...........He feels bad. Why you ask? because he's seeing how much better of a team we've became since the trade, need i say more.?.............Now on to the real matter at hand. Things just got a little more harder for the hawks. With this move the heat gets a PG, but not just any PG our former PG for three and a half seasons. And if you don't think he won't tell them our tendencies, think agian. It's gloves off now, bibby sees ring. And i don't blame him cause bibby deserve one................................................BUT NOT THREW US HE WON'T. GO HAWKZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmao @ the comment about Bibby being a "tremendous defender". They are in for a rude awakening.

the heat fans never watch other teams play right? bibby a tremendous defender? he was never a decent defender when he was with the king or even the grizzlies, yea vancouver grizzlies that is

• Moderators

My thoughts:

(1) The quote from Bibby is pretty ridiculous. I don't think it merits a lot of analysis. Of course, the offense isn't going to be run through him in Miami like he seems to be suggesting. With Wade and Lebron it is just a ridiculous notion.

(2) The quotes from Heat fans about Bibby penetrating or being a plus defender are equally ridiculous. If Bibby was any of those things, he would still be in Atlanta.

(3) I think Bibby is a great addition to the Heat and definitely makes them more dangerous. What Bibby still excels at is hitting the 3pt shot. He is a more effective scorer shooting 3's than Lebron or Wade are period (i.e., give Lebron 20 possessions to score and he scores fewer points that Bibby shooting 20 3's). The Big 3 in Miami will draw tons of defensive attention and Bibby will hurt teams that don't stick with him or create more space for the other guys to operate.

I wish Bibby well but hope for disastrous things for the Heat.

However, back to the original point, Bibby has gone crazy if he thinks he gets to handle the ball more in MIA than he did in Atlanta, maybe he's on that Sheen!

That was great !

Back to the point. Over the past few years his efficiency seems to go down as the season wears on. Bibby can be a more efficient player if he is playing 20 mpg instead of 30 mpg as he was doing in Atlanta. With a fresher legs his jumper should get more consistent.

I do think Bibby can help the Heat but not as a 30 mpg PG.

Edited by coachx

lmao @ the comment about Bibby being a "tremendous defender". They are in for a rude awakening.

Yeah Frenzy...if Bibby were one of those guys who was simply playing lazy D in Atlanta, then was suddenly energized because he felt dissed by the trade...I might worry a bit.

But to his credit, Bibby did actually try hard and expend energy on D here...he just couldn't get the job done. So I would imagine that will be the same in MIA as well.

That's not to say he won't do fairly well there though. As a PG he will likely be a dribble down and hand off guy. He may help them as a perimeter shooter though.

09:37 AM ET 03.03 | In a report, Mike Bibby said the Hawks disrespected him by not telling him earlier that he could potentially be traded. On Feb. 23, the day Bibby was traded, the team informed Bibby before he was to leave for the game that he was involved in a potential trade and had him stay at the hotel rather than accompany the team to the arena. "It's been my experience in all the years I've been involved with the NBA, that is the way you handle it," coach Larry Drew said.

Atlanta Journal Constitution

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/270450-bibby-feels-disrespected-by-hawks#ixzz1FYjiOmXC

he's clearly delusional if he thinks ball hogs Wade and Bron will share the ball with him.

Right? Because obviously when you go to a team with Lebron, Wade and Bosh, you're going to get more touches.... :brick wall:

I do feel bad for trading Bibby out of the blue like that because I do appreciate what he brought to the franchise when we were in need of leadership and what he brought to the court. And especially on a day where he was getting tickets for everyone back home. I hope the ASG puts something together to welcome him back when he comes with Miami he did a lot for us.

It did work out for the best for us to trade him in that deal because of the way the salaries matched.

Bibby will help the Heat, but these comments I think show how much he liked playing in Atlanta. His BBIQ is off the charts and if you go to sleep on him doubling Bron, Wade, or Bosh he will burn you from the 3pt line.

Him and House will be a good one two punch at the point, and a solid change of pace. I think Bibby fits in well in Miami. To damn well IMO.

• Moderators

How in the world was this something out of the blue? Atlanta was rumored to be trying to trade for a PG for weeks leading to the deadline and was linked to Devin Harris, Raymond Felton, Ramon Sessions, and Kirk Heinrich, among others. If Bibby didn't know this was possible, his agent wasn't doing a very good job tracking his client.

• Moderators

In all fairness to Wade and LeBron and the ball-hogging comments, as good a passer as our consistent team leader Joe is, they both dwarf him in assist numbers for years no matter how you slice 'em.

That is characteristic of talented ball hogs. Allen Iverson, Steve Francis, and Stephon Marbury always put up fine assist numbers as well.

As far as slicing it with Wade and Joe, this season Joe has a 26.8 usage rate and a 26.7 assist %. Wade has a 31.7% usage rate and a 22.8% assist rate. (The assist rate for Wade has fallen because of how much Lebron dominates the ball. Out of Wade's 8 years, Wade's 4 highest assist rates are his 4 highest usage rate seasons).