• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A normal Man gets Wiser as he ages right? Then how do we explain Josh?

MoBetta

Josh is not a natural basketball player but a natural athlete. When he dribbles the ball in transition instead of giving it up it is him trying to expand his game and prove to himself and his doubters that he can do more than just jump high and dunk hard. I explain Josh by saying that he is making himself look dumb by trying to prove things that don't need to be proved. We are still waiting on Shaq to make FT's and develop a jumpshot but he is a 1st ballot Hall of Famer. He could be a Hall of Famer by going to the rack strong at every instance and blocking shots just like Shaq who you could still argue who is more of a big brute than basketball player.

Edited by Superiorblogman
  • Like 1

Some of the threads that are started on this forum make me question some people's intelligence.

How dare anyone of us on here point fingers at Josh Smith and say that he is an idiot. The guy works hard, but hasn't put it all together yet. I'm sure some of you didn't take the onions and pickles off of the burger that was ordered at McDonald's but you didn't get in trouble for it.

Give him a break. He's 25.

• Like 2

Some of the threads that are started on this forum make me question some people's intelligence.

How dare anyone of us on here point fingers at Josh Smith and say that he is an idiot. The guy works hard, but hasn't put it all together yet. I'm sure some of you didn't take the onions and pickles off of the burger that was ordered at McDonald's but you didn't get in trouble for it.

Give him a break. He's 25.

25 in the NBA = more than enough time to adjust. He's been in the league 7 years, all of which he has been in the starting lineup. Josh is foolish, and as a Hawks fan I can easily say that.

• Like 4

Seven years and not a lick of basketball acumen. Let's face it...no coach has stood up to him. He feels he can get by on athletic talent alone. I mean JUST ONCE could he throw a two handed pass? Does he even know what an outlet pass is? He lacks basic fundamentals and feel for the game. Two years of college would have done him wonders. Assuming he could get into one.

• Like 1

to honestly answer ur question, I have a friend who works in the luxury boxes at phillips and he says whenever he is working the box Josh owns, his enterauge all smell like str8 "mary-jane" and he is certain that Josh who he sees in person all the time partakes in that activity. Don't think so, look at his lips,they get darker with each season. When he told me this I was pissed but not surprised once I figured the way he plays the game. Dudes mind is in the clouds for real. No,like seriously.

Edited by RedDawg#8

Crazy part about this is my friend took it a step further when he noticed my shock. He goes,"you know like,all of them do it right?, like pretty much the whole team. You act like they aren't normal ppl too." all the while as a fan, everything starts adding up to me. They play like the don't give two F-@ks about anything, which is the number one symptom of green.

I wanted to mention this when I heard it, which was in December, but I didn't want potentially season/career jeopardizing info against my team floating on the web, potentially leading to a lawsuit against me for slander. But now, I dnt think anyone will believe it anyway. And b4 you bring up them having drug test, there are so many ways that can be beat by ppl who don't make a fraction of the money they do, so for them I knw it's no problem passing a test

Crazy part about this is my friend took it a step further when he noticed my shock. He goes,"you know like,all of them do it right?, like pretty much the whole team. You act like they aren't normal ppl too." all the while as a fan, everything starts adding up to me. They play like the don't give two F-@ks about anything, which is the number one symptom of green.

I wanted to mention this when I heard it, which was in December, but I didn't want potentially season/career jeopardizing info against my team floating on the web, potentially leading to a lawsuit against me for slander. But now, I dnt think anyone will believe it anyway. And b4 you bring up them having drug test, there are so many ways that can be beat by ppl who don't make a fraction of the money they do, so for them I knw it's no problem passing a test

I respect your opinion and supposed inside knowledge but weed and NBA players is nothing new. Furthermore, being that I partake in it myself from time to time I think to narrow it down to this being the main problem is way off. I am quite sure Josh is not burning before games or the day of, now that would be a problem.

• Premium Member

Seven years and not a lick of basketball acumen. Let's face it...no coach has stood up to him. He feels he can get by on athletic talent alone. I mean JUST ONCE could he throw a two handed pass? Does he even know what an outlet pass is? He lacks basic fundamentals and feel for the game. Two years of college would have done him wonders. Assuming he could get into one.

Wasn't Josh an A student in highschool?

Maybe it's when Josh is high that he plays better. John Sally says some players play better high because they loosen up and don't have as much inhibition. So let's encourage Josh to get high before games. It makes sense that he would be more relaxed and not argue as much with the refs if he's blazed a little. Maybe he's just in a bad mood when he runs out and takes it out on the backboard and refs.

Back to the origial question - getting wiser can take a very long time. And even when a guy does get wiser in his 30's or 40's sometimes he regresses and acts a fool in his 50's. Look at all the rich guys who make a fool of themselves with a younger women.

Yeah. Like every other athlete in high school. I'd much rather get a look at the SAT scores personally. And I am not making an indictment on his academics. I said "assuming" because I have no idea what his motivation to skip college was.

I said "assuming" because I have no idea what his motivation to skip college was.

I would assume he wanted to become and instant millionaire like anyone else in that position.

His 2 options:

Play basketball for no money or play basketball for millions of $$.

• Like 2

Didn't Smith have a letter of intent to Indiana? I think he's a smart guy that just wasn't taught how to play team basketball. He desperately wants to be THE GUY on the Hawks, but his ego is getting in his way of being a solid professional basketball player. Many of us have said it, but if Josh had a little more Marvin in him and Marvin had a little more Josh, we'd have a hell of a set of forwards.

• Like 2

I respect your opinion and supposed inside knowledge but weed and NBA players is nothing new. Furthermore, being that I partake in it myself from time to time I think to narrow it down to this being the main problem is way off. I am quite sure Josh is not burning before games or the day of, now that would be a problem.

I wasn't sure of the demgraphic of the board and I didn't know what response it would garner lol

and like you said it's nothin new but I'm sure the greats like Kobe and Jordan, if they did do it, knew how moderate it so it wouldn't effect them on the court. But to me Josh doesn't display that maturity to have the needed restraint. Honestly me and Josh are about the same age (im 23) and grew up in similar parts of metro Atlanta (i lived in both Stone Mountain and Lithonia) and actually almost everyone I know from high school that's still there fits the stereotype in some way whether it's a baby, drugs, jail, or living with parents (yeah, as nice as Lithonia is it's still true) so I can only imagine the influence with him still being around his high school buddies who are getting high right b4 (and even during) his games.

it also makes me think of Lebron and how he could never get it done in Cleveland. In all realness, it's obvious to me that he still has the hood in him and being so close to his hs buddies probably had an effect in his behavior too, and probably is why his ego is huge but his heart in clutch moments is fragile

Edited by RedDawg#8

So was Jamarcus Russell and he couldn't even remember the first 10 scripted plays in the Raider playbook.

I don't think that Josh is dumb by any means, I just think that he tries to do too much and he can be taken out of his game far too easily if he's having an off night or the other team is getting physical with him.

Didn't Smith have a letter of intent to Indiana? I think he's a smart guy that just wasn't taught how to play team basketball. He desperately wants to be THE GUY on the Hawks, but his ego is getting in his way of being a solid professional basketball player. Many of us have said it, but if Josh had a little more Marvin in him and Marvin had a little more Josh, we'd have a hell of a set of forwards.

Good post +1