• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Taking it easy is one thing

DJlaysitup

Chicago game was a fluke. They let up on us.

No offense...but that's a totally absurd comment. Teams don't work to get a lead and then intentionally "let up" and lose.

I will admit that we were a tad lucky to win that game - but it was an excellent effort by AL and hustle and work late by other players that got us the win.

Hard work often turns into "luck". Laziness seldom does.

• Like 1

Where's the pride?

Sounds like a topic I posted just a couple weeks ago.

Methinks this "pride" thing is something our team is in scary short supply.

Yep TT..you were right 100%. True "professionals" realize that they are getting paid for every game...and while they can see the standings..they are paid to play every game in the season...and paid well.

Edited by DJlaysitup

OK, OK, OK...I know this game was meaningless, but c'mon...show a little pride and professionalism. I got the feeling from the getgo that most of the players were jealous of Smoove for having a sore knee. The game was a total discombobulated mess...actually an embarrasment. We lost by 30 points to a lottery team with basically the same roster we previously beat Chicago with (Smoove out both times). Our interior defense stunk like three day old roadkill, the few times we had fast break opportunities we looked like a bunch of eighth-graders - all just running directly at the basket and fumbling the ball around, and our overall offensive scheme looked totally out of sync.

Where is the pride to at least be competitve and run your sets and work on defense? You would think we were the top seed and all arrogant and stuff. But, of course, top seeds don't pull that kind of BS.

I was worried about our team's "heart"...but now I wonder about our team's simple work ethic. Honestly, after watching this I wonder if our team (let's say down 3-2 against ORL) will even have the guts to try and win two in a row - or will they just fold for the extra time off.

And as far as LD goes...either he can't motivate or he has pretty much given up. He sits there and just watches. When he calls a logical timeout when the opposition is making a run he still looks like an undertaker.

Maybe I'm over-reacting to a meaningless game...:kickcan: I dunno....

Youre overreacting to a meaningless ROAD game at the end of the season

I dont know why anyone is complaining about a playoff team who basically let everyone know they are resting for the playoffs going on the road and losing to a losing team in full stat pad mode playing in front of there home crowd .

We finished the season 3-1 against the wizards .

A

• Like 2

Youre overreacting to a meaningless ROAD game at the end of the season

I dont know why anyone is complaining about a playoff team who basically let everyone know they are resting for the playoffs going on the road and losing to a losing team in full stat pad mode playing in front of there home crowd .

We finished the season 3-1 against the wizards .

A

It's not an overreaction. It's pretty spot on. These final games are meaningless only in the sense that they won't have any bearing on who we're facing in the playoffs. But performing like professionals NEVER is meaningless. That was an f'ing abomination of hard work, chemistry and professionalism. I am literally to the point that I am starting to find it hard to cheer for this organization. From the Atlanta spirit debacle, to the misses on superstars with our drafting, to coaches that can't motivate our players to a seeming lack of guts by our players. Call me what you will. I might be a broken record but this team needs new ownership and a complete facelift as far as our identity. Until then, I am a casual observer who feels let down by the team I have loved to cheer for for so many years.

• Like 1

It's not an overreaction. It's pretty spot on. These final games are meaningless only in the sense that they won't have any bearing on who we're facing in the playoffs. But performing like professionals NEVER is meaningless. That was an f'ing abomination of hard work, chemistry and professionalism. I am literally to the point that I am starting to find it hard to cheer for this organization. From the Atlanta spirit debacle, to the misses on superstars with our drafting, to coaches that can't motivate our players to a seeming lack of guts by our players. Call me what you will. I might be a broken record but this team needs new ownership and a complete facelift as far as our identity. Until then, I am a casual observer who feels let down by the team I have loved to cheer for for so many years.

I approve of this message...

Some of you need to take a moment and look in the mirror .

How many teams lose on the second night of back to back ?

Last nights loss wasnt an indicator of professionalism thats just ridiculous . It pretty much points a big spotlight on just how little quality depth this team has .

A turnover is not professional ? what about a missed shot ? Point out exactly what tells you that our players were being unprofessional ?

It seems that your comments have more to do with your problems with management,ownership whatever than our players showing a lack of professionalism in last nights game.

• Premium Member

Nail hits head. Many years of watching and being a fan.........just cant take them seriously anymore.

Some of you need to take a moment and look in the mirror .

How many teams lose on the second night of back to back ?

Last nights loss wasnt an indicator of professionalism thats just ridiculous . It pretty much points a big spotlight on just how little quality depth this team has .

A turnover is not professional ? what about a missed shot ? Point out exactly what tells you that our players were being unprofessional ?

It seems that your comments have more to do with your problems with management,ownership whatever than our players showing a lack of professionalism in last nights game.

Well, for one. Are we not supposed to be better than the Wizards? Are we not supposed to be much better than the Wizards? Were the Wizards also on the second night of a back to back? Did we seem to show that we have chemistry out there despite being down one starter? Did we perform up to standard? Did we get our asses handed to us by one of the weakest teams in the league while not finding a way to grind it out to at least make it look like we were competetive? Yeah, I have a problem with that? Do you my friend?

Well, for one. Are we not supposed to be better than the Wizards? Are we not supposed to be much better than the Wizards? Were the Wizards also on the second night of a back to back? Did we seem to show that we have chemistry out there despite being down one starter? Did we perform up to standard? Did we get our asses handed to us by one of the weakest teams in the league while not finding a way to grind it out to at least make it look like we were competetive? Yeah, I have a problem with that? Do you my friend?

When we are healthy and playing for the win we are better than the wizards as evidence by us winning the 3 previous games with them this year when we were going for the win.

Right now I could care less about these games all I care about is next week . If we wouldve beat the Wizards by a 100 and then lose next week Ill be pissed because at this point this team is no longer judged by the regular season but by the regular season .

We got our young guys some minutes and got out with no injuries which at this point is all that matters .

All this game tells us is that our young guys that everyone wants to see play are not very good and next weekend when the wizards are watching us i will have no problem with the fact that they beat us in fact maybe you and 3 others around here will even still care about these meaningless games.

Next weekend Im gonna chart how many times I see the wizards loss mentioned .

• Premium Member

We may not agree often, but you are right on this topic. I know bad, listless basketball when I see it and last night was bad, listless basketball. Even the coaching staff is disgusted with how the Hawks have played these last two games.

• Like 1