• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question for the Board

jy23

I know this may not have anything to do directly with the hawks but I was just wondering if anyone knew exactly how I would go about getting the Hawks to put up a marriage proposal for me at the game? Or how much it would cost to do so?....any feedback would be welcomed, thanks

Yeah its for me, I hope she says yeah 2 lol

lol you're probably right but I would just be toooooo damn nervous doing anything else. at least at the game I'm in my comfort zone lol

lol you're probably right but I would just be toooooo damn nervous doing anything else. at least at the game I'm in my comfort zone lol

It's not about your comfort zone, it's about her's! Make it memorable for her. Does she even like the Hawks? lol

Good luck and congrats!

For your sake , i hope you're 99.9% sure that she will say yes.

Have you guys ever discussed marriage before?It might be better

if you drop a few hints , and gauge her reaction.first..

I'd hate to see you on youtube like these guys.

Edited by pimp

Dude... trust me. If this is your answer then you should NOT be doing it at the game. IF you are nervous then it just makes the story better for her. Here are the rules:

Put some effort in

Make it special for her

Give her a story to tell her friends.

Pick the place where you guys met, where you went on a first date, or where you guys had a memorable night.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'll second those saying don't do it at a basketball game. You don't want to drop down while the guy in the next row is yelling "you suck, Drew!"

spotatl's suggestions were good. Doing at a special event (on a trip somewhere romantic, at a particularly scenic location, etc.) also works.

• Premium Member

Don't do it bro! Not the marriage part but the public spectacle part. Save the drama and keep it between the 2 of you.

but if you have to do it make sure it's at a game the hawks have a good chance on winning. Would just be a damn shame to have the memories of a proposal intertwined with an awful Hawks playoff loss.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Yikes! :) Those Youtube rejection videos were painful to watch. That's wicked humiliating for everyone involved.

I agree with those saying that proposing to a girl in that kind of public setting is just too much, I mean talk about awkward and talk about putting a girl on the spot. A proposal should be as romantic, as special and as creative and/or individualized (tailored specifically to her) as you can possibly make it for your girl, and proposing to her at a sporting event is not only non-creative (because it's cliched as hell and has been done a thousand times before at this point), but it's just the opposite of romantic in my opinion, making a public spectacle before thousands of strangers out of something so personal and so intimate as that. I'd never do it, and I couldn't advise anyone else to, unless she is one hell of a Hawks fan who you know for a fact would appreciate something so public as that.

• Premium Member

offtopic2.gif

Man...I've been married for going on 17 years (19 years total). I won't give you an in depth opinion on where or how to do it, but make it count. Queue emotional music....

I didn't have a fancy proposal, I showed up, fresh out of basic training, in my uniform, with a gold band...no diamond (because it's all I could afford) and asked her to marry me. We got married in a courthouse and had a whole $5 to spend on our honeymoon. lol We sat on my mom's couch...hours later...feeling scared as hell. 17 years and 4 kids later...I regret not doing that better.

It's a special thing dude and you only get one chance to do all that. If you feel it, spare no expense and no amount of cheezery! You'll laugh about it for many moons later and honestly...it's the little things like that which will keep it together.

Good luck home-slice!!!!

• Like 1

I'll second those saying don't do it at a basketball game. You don't want to drop down while the guy in the next row is yelling "you suck, Drew!"

spotatl's suggestions were good. Doing at a special event (on a trip somewhere romantic, at a particularly scenic location, etc.) also works.

^^^Totally agree with these guys. I'm not the most romantic guy for sure. But heed the wise words of married men like myself and other men here.....she would rather see you a little nervous and out of your element than to see you turn it into a situation where you are, even in an innocent way, thinking about yourself or making yourself comfortable.

I've been thinking about that, trust me....only reason I ever thought about doing at a game is because she's always saying she knows I couldn't do it in front of anybody, that I'd to scared and all that jazz.....and she's damn right!!! And yes fellas we have talked about it and I do know that this is definitely what she wants (me to propose, not actually do it at the game) and she's actually telling me that I may be taking to long soooooooo yeah I do know the response that I'll get just dont know exactly what to do yet. Thanks people for the advice and you have really convinced me to NOT do it at the game, appreciate it!

and I really just appreciate you guys even responding....love this board, thanks again

O man I completely forgot about Chateau Elan.....Ima have to look into that

I know this may not have anything to do directly with the hawks but I was just wondering if anyone knew exactly how I would go about getting the Hawks to put up a marriage proposal for me at the game? Or how much it would cost to do so?....any feedback would be welcomed, thanks

I actually did this 4 years ago when I proposed to my wife.

Just call there normal number 404 827-3800 and give them the plan. I assume they will still do it in the playoffs though the tickets will be more $$.

I already had really good seats so my deal was not bad price wise since the seats were not included. They called us down in the 2nd quarter to play the Home Depot Game done dureing timeouts to entertain the crowd. Normally its played by 1 person but they called it "couples night" so my fiance would not be suspicious. 3 Cheerleaders held up 3 signs with Hoime Depot items on them. We simply guessed if the price was higher or lower. Then a cheer leader will flip up a card with the correct answer. On the 3rd on final card it read: " Erica will you marry me." They also put it on all the scoreboards. They hand the microhone to me and I ask the question on 1 knee and put the ring on her finger. She was in total shock ! Harry The Hawks then gave her a dozen roses and we moved into courtside seats for the rest of the game. It was a great success and we are still married. They also mail you a DVD of the proposal that you can keep forever.....so she better say yes.

You get to keep all the Home Depot items too. I got a power drill and some other random stuff and you get some gift cards. After the game a thousand people congratualte you b/c your the only couple where the chick has roses and the guys is carrying power tools.....LOL. Its kind of quirkey but we had a ball with it.

Its not the most romantic proposal but if your future wife knows the proposal is coming this is way to throw her off the sent b/c she won't see it coming. My circumstance was different then some. We had talked about marriage for a couple of years but agreed to wait until she was done with her 3 years of Law School. She new it was coming and her only request was for me to suprise her when the proposal came. Everyone knows there girl well enough to know what they like........I happened to marry an avid sports fan.

For some girls this would be a bad idea......but not all girls are the same. My wife played highschool basketball and softball and loves sports.

O man I completely forgot about Chateau Elan.....Ima have to look into that

I don't see Chateau Elan as proposal site but that is coming from someone who thought a basketball game was ideal LOL..........but that is also coming from someone who lives there. If she is a wine lover then perhaps it is an option but their wine is not traditional at all. Most of it is desert wine. Ga is just not optimal growing condition for wine grapes. The hotel, spa, and restaurant are nice for a weekened get away. Especially if your a golfer. If your not a golfer there is not much to do other then the spa. If your looking for beautiful natural scenery then you will be dissapointed. No big lake and not quite close enough to the mountains to see them.

It can be as simple as sunset on Lake Lanier, Lake Rabun, on Stone Mountain .Another great place would be the Blitmore House.....especially around Christmas time.

Some girls want their parents to be in on it..........or the parents / mother simply insists on being in on it.

No girl is the same....so know your girl and run any proposal idea by her mother is my advice.....that is if they have a sane mother.....some are crazy.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 2

• Moderators

My wife wouldn't have said yes if I'd done it at a game but she's not a sports fan. I think you have to narrow down what you want to accomplish first. You know she'll say yes. Do you want it to be a special evening where she knows its coming, or do you want it to be a surprise? Second do you want it private, or in front of friends and family?

One thing you could do is have someone plan a suprise birthday party for a friend or family member as a rouse (sp?) for your proposal. Then when you get there you can propose in front of everyone (like she thinks you won't) and you'll have an instant engagement party.