• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight went to the line 19 times!

willthepureshooter

+1's all around.

How does Dwight freaking Howard go damn near the entire first half..hell, ANY half, without ONE single foul called? He's one of the most--if not THE most--physical Centers in the league.

Dude really could get away with murder out there.

• Like 1

How about that one play where one of our centers (can't remember who it was) had his arms extended near the basket and Howard jumped into him like 3 times and ended up getting the and one. I think it was in the 3rd quarter and may have been against Collins but can't remember for sure. The dbag announcers were all like oh that's such a foul and yada yada but the replay clearly showed the Hawks center didn't do anything but keep his arms extended up.

• Premium Member

Stern way to show how corrupt the league still is under your direction. I've never seen so much bad officiating since Bush stole Florida. How can you allow the Magic to be that physical with us not call anything..? Howard went to the line 19 times! My stomach was turning.. Its all good, we will take both games in Atlanta. We know we can beat Orlando now. Even shooting at 35%..

I have to agree. When Dwight went over #31's back and they call #31 for the foul... My mouth was open. Dwight was able to push and push all game long. Even after he got #5, He hit Zaza in the mouth with at least 2 elbows... NO call. even the guys calling the game made mention that you're not going to get #6 on that. What?

+1's all around.

How does Dwight freaking Howard go damn near the entire first half..hell, ANY half, without ONE single foul called? He's one of the most--if not THE most--physical Centers in the league.

Dude really could get away with murder out there.

It's a freaking troshish. Howard fouls.. no call. Did they call Jason Collins for Clipping on a freaking Box out?? Really? Really??? Go back, watch the tape... Collins had a very good box out on Howard (who again was over the back) and not only did they not call Howard for Over the back, they called something I have never heard in basketball... CLIPPING?

Here's the truth.

Dwight cannot manhandle twin.

When we went up 10, there was a great panick and the officials started getting involved.

I knew the refs would be involved but this was really terrible.

• Like 1

The officiating was utterly atrocious. A complete joke. I knew it was going to be bad, but not this bad.

You know what else? When a "rogue" ref fixes a game, he is obviously a crook. When "the league" obviously interferes we all seem to figure it's because the exhalted Stern only wants more playoff games "for the good of the playoffs"....sometimes I wonder.

Either way - with fair reffing tonight this game should have gone into O.T....minimum.

• Premium Member

What really stands out is how Dwight can set moving screens every time down the floor and not get called for it. It was simply disgusting and obvious what was going on.

You know what else? When a "rogue" ref fixes a game, he is obviously a crook. When "the league" obviously interferes we all seem to figure it's because the exhalted Stern only wants more playoff games "for the good of the playoffs"....sometimes I wonder.

Either way - with fair reffing tonight this game should have gone into O.T....minimum.

Agreed.

Ummm we would have rebounded better if the refs LD hadn't gotten all our bigs in foul trouble in the 1st half.

Fixed ... I mean really, 2 fouls in the first half is not exactly foul trouble and just because a guy gets them early in the 1st quarter doesn't mean he has to sit until the 2nd half.

• Like 1

The difference.

They had a shooter hit his shot and a Hawk brushed his arm AFTER THE SHOT. Foul. And one!.

A hawk went up and shot. It went in. Orlando player slammed into him just as he released the

shot, knocking the Hawk to the floor. No foul.

Hawks couldn't hit their shots. Refs could only see the fouls made by Atlanta. Sure we didn't

rebound as well as they did. We knew, if we did, we would foul. Oralndo? Never. Atlanta? Always.

Prejudice in what I saw? Sure I am. A homer? You bet! Still, I'm not blind. I know what I saw.

And, most Hawk fans seem to have noticed a slight one sided view of the fouls.

:rolleyes:

Ummm we would have rebounded better if the refs hadn't gotten all our bigs in foul trouble in the 1st half.

sorry nope we didnt even start rebounding until the 4th quarter . It had nothing to do with Josh having 1 board at halftime . You cant talk about not getting fouls calls with that type of rebounding disparity . In the NBA if you are not going in the paint you are not gonna get a ton of calls . The only player on the Hawks in the paint was the guy guarding Dwight ........ I just watched the game again and I have never seen anything like that having a 3rd guy guard Dwight and not double him should free up Josh and Al to rebound more not less .

The Hawks deserve to take a lot less FTs the way they play so I don't mind the differential so much, but there were some super questionable non-shooting calls and non-calls tonight. But the Stern stuff is ridiculous to me.

obviously you didn't play close attention to the game, when we did drive AND get fouled nothing was called..

• Like 1

obviously you didn't play close attention to the game, when we did drive AND get fouled nothing was called..

True ... but that doesn't mean they should stop trying to drive. We settled for far too many contested iso shots last night and there's really no debating that. I don't know what we have to do but we've got to get guys open for shots and get more shots in the paint if we're going to have a shot at winning this series.

If we would get to the line it would help offset. Jamal took 1 less free throw than all of the starters and Marvin. Besides Hinrich and Twin, they all should be ashamed because they all have some type of advantage to get paint attempts whether it be skill, quickness, or size, although I'm not too concerned about Josh because he can go 10-10 as well as 0-10 at the line. It just seems like this simple, but very important aspect of the game escapes these guys. You would think someone would sit this team down and teach them about pump fakes. Chris Bosh has an excellent one that gets him an easy dunk and a tough and-1 that adds 5 points to his game a night. I wish Al would study it. Matter of fact, he needs to watch Z-Bo tonight and see how quickly he makes moves to the basket at all costs, a player who wasn't nearly as touted as Al coming out, and not even after his first year. He worked very hard to get where he is, posting 5 20-10 seasons after averaging about 5 and 3 after his first two. He may be wild and inefficient at times, but you'll always know he's out there. With Al, sometimes you forget because he hangs on his best asset, which is an effortless, wide ooen jumper that is starting to decrease his overall activity. He's gonna have to put it in his back pocket a bit and develop a quick drive move, and fast, if he wants to become a true star at Big Man and post that 20 points per instead of being the best shooter percentage wise outside 10 feet in the league. Impressive of course, but the overall positive effect of banging around in the paint more is much greater for he and his team. I hope his injuries are playing somewhat of a part now, because the first play Inwant to see next season is Al booty bumping somebody and raising his hand with his pivot in some paint.