• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hilton Wasn't Bad Tonight

atlguitar

Maybe not the most deserving of a thread, but he gets so little talk here. I think most of us have low expectations but with some ambivalence about his potential (same as we don't know what Teague's ceiling is). But tonight, I liked his play for the few minutes he got. So I give him a golden star by his name for now.

When he got subbed in I was cringing at the thought of how Dwight was about to own him.

e: I see another poster is saying the opposite. LOL. Maybe watching on TV made him seem better than normal.

Edited by atlguitar
  • Like 2

He really wasn't.

While I have this thread getting exposure let me just say that I don't know about the whole idea that Stern has the fix on us. What about how the Celtics just rolled over the Knicks (granted only the first two were close)? That series being extended a few games would bring a lot more profit than the Magic instead of the Hawks advancing to the 2nd round. Hope everyone's not real serious with that one.

If you compare him to Etan then yeah, he was actually pretty good tonight.

Yeah, and Powell in the first game for sure, and Zaza for the first couple of games. I want The Poet to succeed but I don't even have a preference right now with Him vs. Hilton as far as who to keep for next year if we have to keep one.

Too bad my/our expectations of our backup centers are just so low that we are pleased when they happen to score a basket in a game ...

Edited by atlguitar

i thought he did fine tonight especially considering what we all know his role is supposed to be.

i think as soon as he came in, howard got two quick buckets. after that, he seemed to be playing pretty decent D. Atleast the effort was there and he didn't let howard just dominate him and even had a couple of stops.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the huge pick on Q. rich set by Hilton. Hilarious to see.

Yeah, definately one of the moves that made me want to make a thread about him. I loved that in slo-mo. With Hilton, I love that you can basically read his mind. He seems to pride himself on getting away with things and being tricky. He seems younger than he is.

Watching it live at the game, he got owned big time. And D12 just KEPT going at him with little resistance. He may have poked the ball out a time or two, but I was too busy watching him get tossed around like a salad out there. But eh, I guess he is better than Etan...but that isn't saying much.

The thing that matters is that there were 3 big possessions (I think in a row) where not only did Dwight not score but he turned it over and then had the offensive foul call. So while outside of that and the nice pick he set on the other end Hilton may not have had a great game or even a good game in the traditional sense but for being our 3rd or 4th big he did a damn good job and highly worthy of this praise.

• Moderators

The thing that matters is that there were 3 big possessions (I think in a row) where not only did Dwight not score but he turned it over and then had the offensive foul call. So while outside of that and the nice pick he set on the other end Hilton may not have had a great game or even a good game in the traditional sense but for being our 3rd or 4th big he did a damn good job and highly worthy of this praise.

Exactly. Just making a handful of positive plays while guarding Dwight exceeds my expectations and could make a big difference in a close game.

If we had lost today... would this thread exist?

Everyone seems a bit better after a game 4 win.

"If we had lost today...would this thread exist"?

Probably not, BUT WE WON!

"Everyone seems a bit better after a game 4 win"

Why shouldnt we?

And what else do you expect from your 4th or 5th center? Especially when he's going against the best center in the NBA.

Btw, if you dont like a certain thread, move on. Not that I care or anything. I just hate when I read comments like that.

Edited by terrell

• Moderators

Is that an upgrade from your usual Motel 6 Armstrong? I hope it is.

At this pace he's heading toward Holiday Inn territory. Hope he continues to improve. Q-Rich is still trying to find the phone number for the hotel he ran into last night.

~lw3

If you compare him to Etan then yeah, he was actually pretty good tonight.

LD must truly not be a fan of the arts because he has gone through every trouble to make sure that Etan doesn't see daylight. I wonder to myself whether someone can really be that terrible or if there just is something personal there. I mean he throws Powell out there FFS.