• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Refs are calling bogus fouls! Geez!

willthepureshooter

You can't argue that derrick rose did not grab jeff teague clearly around the waist in what was obviously a foul and obviously an attempt to foul. I didn't neg you or anything, and many of the fouls in question technically coudl go either way (they just happened to go towards chicago), but that foul was so obvious and at a crucial part of the game. that is inexcusable officiating.

You can't argue that derrick rose did not grab jeff teague clearly around the waist in what was obviously a foul and obviously an attempt to foul. I didn't neg you or anything, and many of the fouls in question technically coudl go either way (they just happened to go towards chicago), but that foul was so obvious and at a crucial part of the game. that is inexcusable officiating.

good point. but that was one possesion. The Hawks lost by double digits. Don't try to save those 3 they are treading water and are about to drown as soon as they reply.

GSU i dont care what you say, when Rose gets barely bumped by one person, stays on his feet, and gets the call opposed to when our guys get hit by 2-3 people and end up on the ground and there is nothing then you have a problem. All athletes ask is for you to be consistent with your calls. You cant call it one way for one team and then a different way for the other.

GSU i dont care what you say, when Rose gets barely bumped by one person, stays on his feet, and gets the call opposed to when our guys get hit by 2-3 people and end up on the ground and there is nothing then you have a problem. All athletes ask is for you to be consistent with your calls. You cant call it one way for one team and then a different way for the other.

Uh I'm afraid you can call it one way for one team and a different way for the other, they did and they will continue to do so. What exactly can anyone do about it? Outside of Atlanta, who cares if the hawks are getting shafted by the refs? Will espn come to our aid? Who will come to our aid? Only the hawks can aid themselves because no one else will.

• Premium Member

Joe and Jeff have a good 3rd quarter. What happens. TT says "take it to the next level". Next thing I know. he leaves Gibson, Asik, and Deng in the game and everytime Joe or Jeff gets near the paint, they are being hacked and no call. Now Jeff was bumped all night. I even saw one time that Rose came over purposely to bump him. Somebody whispers on Rose, it's a foul. Come on.

Listen im not arguing the the Hawks played perfect. Hell, I thought in the 4th our offensive execution in the 4th was ehh BUT I all im arguing is that whenever rose drives the basketball he gets the whistle 85% of the time but when we drive we hardly get anything. I don't care about ESPN or TNT cause they have nothing to do with us winning or losing. But ALL im asking is that DON'T blow the whistle every time a Hawk breathe on him and not call the fould at the other end. I saw the game from the 1stQ till the end of the game and Teage got hot every time he drove the basketball. The icing on the cake was when Rose grabbed Teague by the waist trying to foul and no whistle was called RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF! Like I said our execution in 4th was ehh but them calls those BS calls against us and calls not called for us played a part in this loss.

Edited by hoodstar
  • Like 4

I look at this debate along the lines of the guys who actuallly watch the games and comment on the Hawks versus the guys who just comment on the Squawk. And Squawk it just is. You have to play winning basketball. The Hawks didn't tonight. And damn I thought they had it but they just aren't the aggressors pushing the rim.

They still settled for iso's and jumpers when it mattered the most.

When the Hawks bring on a leader ala a kendrick perkins or kevin garnett type personality and they start dictating games versus "adjusting" to what other teams want to do then I think u knuckleheads will get it... A few years after the Hawks win their 1st title of course as u guys seem to be oblivious to the obvious....

I started watching the game at the start of the 2nd. From there on out I didn't see the Hawks get blatantly screwed. Sorry fellas u gotta be the agressor to get the calls.

It takes a Teke to make that dumb@SS assessment. We were screwed when it came to the whistle. By the way, how in the hell did you guys lose your space on Greek Row. Lol. That rocks no existant.

We had taken control of all of the momentum before the refs started allowing the bulls to put TWO damn hands on Joe Johnson the entire game. Your not supposed to be allowed to bear hug a player without the ball, you're not supposed to put even one damn hand on a player that is facing up and I challenge anyone to show me ONE fourth quarter possession where Joe Johnson was not fouled according to NBA rules. The beginning of the fourth quarter was freaking ridiculous. Anybody who wants to re-watch it will verify it. Joe Johnson and Jeff Teague were fouled HARD in their drives and no calls, Joe Johnson is facing up Deng, and Deng has his entire freaking body on Joe Johnson, and they call it a Turnover. The refs killed our momentum, we had the mojo, the Chicago fans were crapping in their pants, the Chicago team didn't even seem like they knew what to do out there, and then the refs allow them to start playing Hockey rules on defense. This is reminiscent of the games against Cleveland where Lebron would have completely different rules for playing defense than everyone else, except it's the likes of scrubs like Bogans and Deng that are getting the MVP treatment. It's freaking sickening. I don't buy the argument that the aggressive team should get away with the calls, it's freaking horse s***. If Teague played defense like Deng and Bogans do on Joe he would foul out by the first quarter.

Exactly. They killed the Hawks momentum at the most critical point of the game. No calls for Teague and Joe when there's a lot of contact, but Gibson gets an and 1 on a reverse where there was no contact at all and then Rose drives to the hoop and Al brushes his jersey and he gets an and 1.

I don't know if the Hawks would have or should have won this game otherwise, but to argue that there wasn't clearly a different set of rules for each team is ridiculous.

Man-

No wonder the fans in ATL get disrespected the way they do. You would not find the gripping and whining about officiating on a forum for the Celtics, or the Lakers, or any other team with knowledgeable fans.

Seriously? Bad calls are why the Hawks lost? That's not what I saw.

Listen, calls are earned. It's been that way since the beginning of the league. When you prove yourself to be an exceptional player, like Magic, Bird, MJ, Kobe, Lebron, Howard, Wade, etc, you get the benefit of calls, BECAUSE no one is hacked as much as those guys. When the best players in the league go to the hoop, especially in the playoffs, they get hit harder than anyone else. Why don't you check out some of the highlights of the Bulls and Pacers series and then get back to me about D Rose catching breaks.

You play aggressive, you get rewarded. I don't want to hear about the 2 or 3 times some Hawk, be it Teague or Johnson, or whoever, went to the hoop and didn't get the call. If you can count the number of times it happened, it's not happening enough. You won't get the call if it's few and far between. The Hawks ARE NOT a physical team. They just are not. That's why they're only a 5 seed, that's why they're about the be eliminated, that's why this group will never be better than a second round team.

Deal with it.

Man-

No wonder the fans in ATL get disrespected the way they do. You would not find the gripping and whining about officiating on a forum for the Celtics, or the Lakers, or any other team with knowledgeable fans.

Listen, calls are earned. It's been that way since the beginning of the league. When you prove yourself to be an exceptional player, like Magic, Bird, MJ, Kobe, Lebron, Howard, Wade, etc, you get the benefit of calls, BECAUSE no one is hacked as much as those guys. When the best players in the league go to the hoop, especially in the playoffs, they get hit harder than anyone else. Why don't you check out some of the highlights of the Bulls and Pacers series and then get back to me about D Rose catching breaks.

You play aggressive, you get rewarded. I don't want to hear about the 2 or 3 times some Hawk, be it Teague or Johnson, or whoever, went to the hoop and didn't get the call. If you can count the number of times it happened, it's not happening enough. You won't get the call if it's few and far between. The Hawks ARE NOT a physical team. They just are not. That's why they're only a 5 seed, that's why they're about the be eliminated, that's why this group will never be better than a second round team.

Deal with it.

Really? Probably because they always get all the calls. Get outta here.

Man-

Deal with it.

Bad calls are a part of the game. However, in this game some blatant fouls weren't called. And other fans do complain about officiating. It's natural. Don't like it, get off the boards or don't post. Rose is treated like the MVP he is, I get that. It doesn't mean the rest of the game doesn't need to be fairly called.

• Premium Member

Man-

Deal with it.

What a load of s***. Easy as hell to be aggressive when you get calls, truth is the Hawks WERE the more aggressive team up to the fourth damn quarter when the refs stopped blowing the whistle on one end of the court. You're Bull's team is hot trash, and everyone in your arena knew it in that third quarter were getting outplayed in every facet of basketball by a 44 win fifth seed. Can't wait for you guys to get embarrassed by whoever it is you play in the next round after you steal this series away from us.

Edited by Atlantaholic

What a load of s***. Easy as hell to be aggressive when you get calls, truth is the Hawks WERE the more aggressive team up to the fourth damn quarter when the refs stopped blowing the whistle on one end of the court. You're Bull's team is hot trash, and everyone in your arena knew it in that third quarter were getting outplayed in every facet of basketball by a 44 win fifth seed. Can't wait for you guys to get embarrassed by whoever it is you play in the next round after you steal this series away from us.

uhmm hold up now.. The Bulls are not stealing anything away from us, there is a game 6 thursday..

Edited by HawksFan87

Man-

Deal with it.

you really took time to make an account, just to troll? you could be using that time to tutor the current MVP.

Edited by Mdizzle5

First, I'm NOT a Bulls fan.

Second, the Bulls had more points in the paint, and more rebounds. How were the Hawks more aggressive?

Anyone who looked at the NBA this year and realistically saw this Hawks team as an Eastern Conference Finals team is either the biggest homer in the world or absolutely blind.

They are playing a better team. They're playing them tough, but when all is said and done, the Bulls have the best player on the court and that, as it usually is in the NBA, is the difference,