• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Refs are calling bogus fouls! Geez!

willthepureshooter

First, I'm NOT a Bulls fan.

Second, the Bulls had more points in the paint, and more rebounds. How were the Hawks more aggressive?

Anyone who looked at the NBA this year and realistically saw this Hawks team as an Eastern Conference Finals team is either the biggest homer in the world or absolutely blind.

They are playing a better team. They're playing them tough, but when all is said and done, the Bulls have the best player on the court and that, as it usually is in the NBA, is the difference,

Dude, you're an idiot! Everyone knows the Hawks have the better overall team. The Bulls just have a player on there team that the NBA itself has invested in. Sounds like you don't know anything basketball or how the NBA markets its "best players." Take away the silly touch calls that Derrick Rose gets quite often and you will find that he's really an average player. For example, Kevin Martin...

• Premium Member

uhmm hold up now.. The Bulls are not stealing anything away from us, there is a game 6 thursday..

Eh. This was the game we needed to win, and we came out with the attitude and intensity we needed to get it done until we were taken out at the knees by the refs. I don't even usually complain about calls, usually the missed calls are not enough to sway the outcome of the game, but this tonight was ridiculous. You have one team with a whole different set of rules playing against another for the entire deciding quarter of a basketball game. This loss wouldn't hurt so much if we actually lost against a good ball club, but this Chicago team f***ing sucks man. If they had to play honest defense people would be smoking them just like we did in games 1 and 4.

• Like 1

Dude, you're an idiot! Everyone knows the Hawks have the better overall team. The Bulls just have a player on there team that the NBA itself has invested in. Sounds like you don't know anything basketball or how the NBA markets its "best players." Take away the silly touch calls that Derrick Rose gets quite often and you will find that he's really an average player. For example, Kevin Martin...

Yup. You're really smart. 1 player on a team made his team 18 games better than the Hawks. Totally rational and practical. I have a lot to learn from you.

I have a feeling you are about 20 years old or younger.

Don't worry, you'll learn.

The Hawks were down 15 pts in the 1st quarter came back to lead by 1 and the refs took it from there. How can anyone that is not trying to start foolishness be running around claiming the Hawks were not the aggressors. The Hawks made 1 3 pointer all night, so how did they get back in the game from down basically all night until they took the lead in the 4th from going to the rim. Yeah Al made a few jumpers but that was basically it. They shot damn near 50% and they were not making jumpers so what does that tell us that watched that game. They were the aggressors the ref jobbed them, bottomline

Go read the game thread in the general forum at realgm and see how many non-Hawks fans think the officiating was biased in the 4th. The very idea that we're supposed to accept that one player can make a play on one end of the court and get a call with minimal at best contact and another player can make the same play on the other end of the court and get no call with significant contact because one player is a star and the other isn't is why so many people hate the NBA. What a joke.

Yup. You're really smart. 1 player on a team made his team 18 games better than the Hawks. Totally rational and practical. I have a lot to learn from you.

Watching these playoffs you don't think that maybe, just maybe the Hawks were severe underachievers in the regular season? Ah forget it. You're just trolling.

• Premium Member

First, I'm NOT a Bulls fan.

Second, the Bulls had more points in the paint, and more rebounds. How were the Hawks more aggressive?

Anyone who looked at the NBA this year and realistically saw this Hawks team as an Eastern Conference Finals team is either the biggest homer in the world or absolutely blind.

They are playing a better team. They're playing them tough, but when all is said and done, the Bulls have the best player on the court and that, as it usually is in the NBA, is the difference,

They had what, 2 more rebounds?, and I said we were the more aggressive team through the first three quarters. Before the refs decided to stop calling the game according to NBA rules. We outscored Chicago 34 to 26 in the paint during those quarters. Why were THEY the ones that could start mauling us and getting away with it in the fourth?

That fourth quarter was bull s***. And the Hawks WERE the more aggressive, tougher, better team until the refs freaking culled us.

Well, that one player gets to the foul line more than any other NBA player. If you knew basketball then you would understand where we're coming from. It seems like we have another NBA2K11 player making idiotic statements on the board.

• Premium Member

The Bulls were playing like it was game 7 of the NBA finals throughout the entire second half of the season. The Hawks were out clubbing every night. This Hawks team is filled with immature idiots, but it is more talented than freaking Taj Gibson, Ronnie Brewer, Kyle Korver, Omar Asskiss, and Kieth Bogans. Carlos Boozer is one of the NBA most heartless posers, and Joakhim Noah is nothing more than a glorified hustle guy. Other than Deng and Rose that Chicago team is worthless. If this wasn't the year the NBA decided it had to market the s*** out of Derick Rose, and the games were called fairly this Bulls team would have gotten took by the 30 win Pacers.

It's playoff basketball folks.

Chicago fans were complaining that Rose didn't get enough calls in Game 4. So the refs hooked him up tonight.

On the flip side, GSUteke is right. The difference between JJ and Teague going to the hole, and Rose going to the hole . . is that Rose is going to the hole EXPECTING to get hit. JJ and Teague go to the hole to score a layup, but most of the time to shoot the floater.

Rose goes hard and fast, like a young Iverson or D-Wade, so it almost forces the refs to make a call.

When it comes to JJ, sometimes he simply needs to go as hard as he can to the hole, and go looking for someone to hit him, so that he can score from the FT line. But he makes the floater 50% of the time, so he'd rather shoot that instead of going all the way to the rim.

But once again, you have to go hard to the rim in the playoffs, if you expect to get the call. Especially on the road.

The truth is that the Hawks are just a little too soft, except for Zaza. This team needs to toughen up . . and fast. Either that, or they need to get back to playing "Highlight Factory" style basketball, and start running this team into the ground.

We have to be physical with the Bulls, but we're not going to win playing their style of basketball. Gotta do what we do best . . . run . . . and make jumpshots.

• Like 1

And speaking of Zaza . . it didn't help that Drew took his most physical player out and played the small unit, right at the time in which Chicago had their "goons" out on the floor.

You do not get regular season type calls in the playoffs. The Bulls play old style Eastern Conference roughhouse basketball. The Hawks either have to adjust to that style, or this team has to run and shoot them out of the gym.

• Like 1

Seriously, the Bulls have been getting regular season foul calls all series. The Hawks have not been out there knocking Rose down everytime he goes to the rack and that's the bad thing about all of us this. Teague is the one getting knocked down everytime he goes to the rack not Rose and Rose is the one getting all the calls.

• Premium Member

Fact: Rose drives all the time because he knows he's going to get the call, contact or not.

Problem: Referees think that because Rose is the MVP, he should get the calls, contact or not :fist:

I don't think this is gonna change game 6, so we better make some "adjustments". If Rose is going to shoot FTs anyway, let's make him "earn" them.

I'd start Etan over Collins, and tell him to hit Rose hard as he tries do drive for the first time. Will that result in an ejection? I dont know, but it's Rose, so most likely yes, but we have plenty of big men in the roster. After Etan, Hilton, Powell and Magnum get ejected, I'd run Collins and Zaza. By then Rose would be hurting so much I really think he would avoid driving like that again.

Give him real hard, playoff-style fouls. Screw him if he gets hurt. He's circumventing the rules anyway. The NBA is rigged, we can't win if Rose is allowed to play like that. :boxing:

• Like 1

ng7, boss, and hoodstar i would like to personally challenge you to a debate on this post since you took the time to neg it. I'll show you how you are dead wrong. Step up to the plate.

Nothing really to debate. I said watch the game and watch the blatant non-calls against Teague and Smoove. You not being able to see that is your own damn fault, not mine.

Edited by Boss

Sorry guys but the Hawks aren't getting "screwed" by the refs and there is no "conspiracy." The fact is there were some questionable calls that didn't go our way but if you look at things from both sides, which is hard considering we are Hawks fans here and want to see our team get all the calls, you will see that those questionable calls usually even out where the other team saw a handful of whistles or non-whistles for their team that they didn't agree with. Yes, Teague was fouled after that steal but like teke said, that's one missed called that was pretty obvious. If we had the ability and intelligence on offense to attack the rim and drive like they did instead of dribbling and throwing up jumpers, we wouldn't seem so out of our element and desparate when one of our guys does try to score in the paint. But, alas, we shoot jumpshots and when they're not falling, we usually lose.

Put this loss on Joe and Jamal's inability to hit those jumpshots they are paid very well to do.

Edited by Eddielives
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

When the Hawks bring on a leader ala a kendrick perkins or kevin garnett type personality and they start dictating games versus "adjusting" to what other teams want to do then I think u knuckleheads will get it... A few years after the Hawks win their 1st title of course as u guys seem to be oblivious to the obvious....

Teke,

You must have watched only the 1st 2 quarters. In the third quarter, we did play quality basketball and it was the bulls who were settling for bad shots. The Bulls didn't play Championship basketball. The Bulls played and adjusted to us... You didn't see the adjustement to Teague and his scoring? You didn't see the adjustment to our defense? You didn't see Their coach leave in their goons to beat our guys up as they came to the basket?

There are some things that we could have done better, but I can say the samething about the Bulls championship run back in Pippen, Rodman, and Jordan's time. No team plays a perfect game. However, the referees should be more reliable and even handed. I have always had a problem with Stern's protect the stars philosophy. We saw it play out last night. Rose gets any foul he wants. Teague is getting harrassed, hit, slapped and on one occassion he was damn near undressed and stripped of the ball and gets nothing from the refs.

How many times will our players have to pull themselves off the floor to the sound of silence after being blatantly fouled before you can see it??

Do you believe that it's "Championship play" to be beaten and hit all game long and not get a call?

I've never seen a champion endure such lopsided reffing...

Sorry guys but the Hawks aren't getting "screwed" by the refs and there is no "conspiracy." The fact is there were some questionable calls that didn't go our way but if you look at things from both sides, which is hard considering we are Hawks fans here and want to see our team get all the calls, you will see that those questionable calls usually even out where the other team saw a handful of whistles or non-whistles for their team that they didn't agree with. Yes, Teague was fouled after that steal but like teke said, that's one missed called that was pretty obvious. If we had the ability and intelligence on offense to attack the rim and drive like they did instead of dribbling and throwing up jumpers, we wouldn't seem so out of our element and desparate when one of our guys does try to score in the paint. But, alas, we shoot jumpshots and when they're not falling, we usually lose.

Put this loss on Joe and Jamal's inability to hit those jumpshots they are paid very well to do.

That's BS.

Why is it that our "questionable" calls always happens while we are in the midst of a run with momentum.

Don't blame it on being a fan. That's even worse.

The truth is that when we were on runs the refs whistles went silent. Our guys were fouled a lot in this game. Questionable calls? Are you Kerr?

• Like 4

this definitely needs to be recognized here. while i agree that the bulls got more calls and the hawks didn't get enough, while watching the game it didn't seem so far out of whack that it was that much different from any other time. i get just as pissed watching stern's goons out there, but for the hawks to rise up to the next level, they have to beat the bulls and the refs, which they have done twice already, once in chicago no less. if joe, jamal and al where actually making their shots, we would have won.

joe hurt this team when he would revert back to his iso dibbling ball hog days. he hit some shots, but not a high enough of a clip to warrant him dominating the ball that much.

jamal took and missed some atrocious shots, sometimes taking wretched shots just trying to draw a foul beyond the three, which isn't so bad, but it's not how to play if you aren't getting the calls and you aren't making your shots anyway. don't take shots you aren't going to make, jamal.

al just couldn't buy a shot. i was yelling at him like he was josh shooting those jumpers. dude needs to go to work inside if those 15 footers aren't dropping. he seriously killed a number of opportunities for the hawks.

big props to josh, zaza and teague for their play. they were doing it how the whole team should have been doing it if they want to prove something and win in that environment. josh did take a couple long shots still (making one), but over all he still more or less played around the basket for the second game in a row.

• Premium Member

I had last night to mull this over and after talking to some die hard Bulls fans (wife included) at work it is blatantly obvious even by them that the refs were in full on "protect the favorite team" mode last night. I don't need to argue with anyone over this, we all saw the truth and if some people don't want to admit it then that's on them.

I'm over it, we need to protect the house and win game six.