• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Center we've been waiting on...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Solomon Jones will be available this offseason.

Just kidding.

However, We have not said a word about Robin Lopez.

If we could sign and Trade Crawford for Lopez and Pietrus, I think that's a great move.

• Premium Member

Why do people talk about a sign-and-trade as a viable option for Crawford? He's an unrestricted veteran free agent guard who offers volume scoring and absolutely nothing else. I see no circumstances under which a team would sign him above the mid-level.

Sorry, we're either re-signing Crawford or losing him outright. There will be no trading of him.

• Like 2

DeAndre Jordan would be a nice pick-up but the Clippers have found their franchise guy with Blake Griffin, and Blake's best friend (on the team anyway) is DeAndre Jordan. The Clippers have to do whatever is possible to keep Blake in L.A. whenever his contract does come up, and giving away when of his closest people on the team wont help matters so I really can't see the Clips moving DJ unless we were to WOW them with an offer. But I like where all of our thinking is at on this board, it's our job as fans to "Squawk" back in forth during the off-season about moves that could help make this team better and make them a legitimate championship contender. I enjoy seeing everyone's progressive thinking in order to get this job done, this board has been very intruiging to read in the past few days.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Why do people talk about a sign-and-trade as a viable option for Crawford? He's an unrestricted veteran free agent guard who offers volume scoring and absolutely nothing else. I see no circumstances under which a team would sign him above the mid-level.

Sorry, we're either re-signing Crawford or losing him outright. There will be no trading of him.

Well, mainly because we can resign him and he does get more benefit out of us signing him than anybody else. So for him, it works well if we SNT him. You say you see no circumstance of another team wanted him???

I purposely chose the Suns..

1. They still have Nash and Brooks

2. They have no shooters on that team other than Nash.

3. Gentry will coach Crawford to be more than a shooter.

4. Gortat makes Lopez expendable.

5. They gave up on Pietrus midseason.

6. Vince Carter is too old.

7. Chillz isn't a shooter.

Phoenix would love to get a hold of Crawford just to have somebody who could run with Brooks.

• Like 1

I like Crawford's game but I'm like u anything more than the mid level would be ludicrous...All that 8-9 million salary talk is for the birds..

Just sign Joel Pryzbilla.

Pryzbilla is realistic at least for part of the MLE....if not all of it. He would have been nice to have vs. the Bulls.

D. Jordan will get far more then the MLE b/c he is so young and has upside..

As far as Crawford to the Suns in a sign and trade. The Suns are looking to rebuild with young players. Nash only has 1 year left under contract. I can't see them wanting an aging SG longterm. I don't think a winning team will offer Crawford more then the MLE. I could see the Nets over paying for him to the tune of $8-9 mill per.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Pryzbilla is realistic at least for part of the MLE....if not all of it. He would have been nice to have vs. the Bulls.

D. Jordan will get far more then the MLE b/c he is so young and has upside..

As far as Crawford to the Suns in a sign and trade. The Suns are looking to rebuild with young players. Nash only has 1 year left under contract. I can't see them wanting an aging SG longterm. I don't think a winning team will offer Crawford more then the MLE. I could see the Nets over paying for him to the tune of $8-9 mill per.

The suns are not looking to rebuild totally young. They brought in Aaron Brooks to replace Nash. They have Chilz and a few other guys who are not worth the money.. there long term. I think that they are very interested in getting a 2 like Craw or JRich because they are not about starting over.

This is what they will do:

Waive Vince. Payout = 4 Million of 18.

They will have left: Chillz, Gortat, Lopez, Nash, Dudley, Frye, Pietrus, and Warrick... under contract.

They have some money. Enough to get 2 free agents outright. However, I'm proposing a trade. That save them money to go after somebody else. They also have a lottery pick.

Where are they Weakest? SG...PG... and Sf.

I believe that there is room for them to handle all three... but doing the deal for Craw (it's not much more than an MLE deal). Then they can go after a bigger name like Tayshun Prince or Shane Battier. They will of course match all offers on brooks.

They can also get a good PF out of the draft.

• Admin

Well, mainly because we can resign him and he does get more benefit out of us signing him than anybody else. So for him, it works well if we SNT him. You say you see no circumstance of another team wanted him???

I purposely chose the Suns..

1. They still have Nash and Brooks

2. They have no shooters on that team other than Nash.

3. Gentry will coach Crawford to be more than a shooter.

4. Gortat makes Lopez expendable.

5. They gave up on Pietrus midseason.

6. Vince Carter is too old.

7. Chillz isn't a shooter.

Phoenix would love to get a hold of Crawford just to have somebody who could run with Brooks.

I think 4. Gortat makes Lopez expendable.

is the key there.

I would like for us to get a young center like Lopez. I don't think he will ever be as good as his brother but in college he was the defensive guy while Brook was the offensive guy.

There are plenty of teams that would offer Crawford more than the MLE . At times he was our entire bench of course now you undervalue that but title contenders would love to have him on there bench.

The problems is that there are only a few winning teams with cap space and the rest of the teams with cap space are bottom dwellers .

I see why the Celtics would target Jamal as all of there bench guards would be free agents.

Its more about who is offering than how much they are offering at this point.

Someone really likes Al Horford and we may get a piece and in the lottery. Daly is the piece. Since his salary will not be Al's, his match is Marvin. You want Al take Marvin too. That numer 7 pick comes with Daly.

Next sign Reggie Evans.

MOve Heinrich expiring for AK47 and Raja Bell.

Sign the Crawford and Shannon Brown..

Agreed. I just don't see a team ponying up more than 7 million tops for Craw and probably closer to the 4.5 mil exception (not sure the exact number this year).