• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just when I thought the trade for Hinrich couldn't get any worse.....

Antmillennium

The Hawks gave the Wizards their 1st round pick too???? I COMPLETELY missed that. So, they gave up "he who's name shall not be mentioned" AND a 1st round pick??? This trade just gets worse and worse for me. Part of me just can't help blaming Larry Drew for this mess. I don't care what he says. Teague should have been getting way more playing time than he did when Bibby was here. Bibby brought next to nothing to the table. Now, his stubbornness forced Sund to make a bad trade that never needed to be made and trade away valuable assets. "he who's name shall not be mentioned" didn't get enough playing time when he was here either. He should have gotten more. I'm not happy at all about this.

Edited by Antmillennium
  • Like 1

LOL. Well, I said earlier that I COMPLETELY missed the fact that they traded a 1st round pick too. For some reason, I didn't think that they traded a 1st round pick to the Wizards.

Well we did...you just missed it...no worries. To be fair we have no real "talent evaluators" anyway (much less talent developers) so whoever we got wouldn't have likely done anything anyway.

Kirk is actually a good asset since Jeff likely needs another 1/2 year to be able to carry a team at PG - and then a guy like Kirk will still be a solid backup. I am pleased that we seem to have finally conquered ONE of our basic flaws. BK stuck us with a bunch of tweeners...SG-SF-Semi-PF fellas.

We still need a Center....but at least we are fairly solid at PG. :kickcan:

Edited by DJlaysitup

We draft poorly and it is a weak draft class. Not that we didn't give up too much, but that pick probably wouldn't have had much of an impact for us anyways.

Combination of suck. Weak draft classes have been the Hawks MO when they suck. They never suck when their are good classes except in 2004 and our stupid a** team won a bunch of meaningless games losing us a chance at D12.

• Premium Member

The Hawks gave the Wizards their 1st round pick too???? I COMPLETELY missed that. So, they gave up "he who's name shall not be mentioned" AND a 1st round pick??? This trade just gets worse and worse for me. Part of me just can't help blaming Larry Drew for this mess. I don't care what he says. Teague should have been getting way more playing time than he did when Bibby was here. Bibby brought next to nothing to the table. Now, his stubbornness forced Sund to make a bad trade that never needed to be made and trade away valuable assets. "he who's name shall not be mentioned" didn't get enough playing time when he was here either. He should have gotten more. I'm not happy at all about this.

Uhm....

Have you looked really hard at the draft? Because of drafting cycles, this draft will be one of the worst of all times. It was the worst recruiting class of all time 2 years ago.

About the trade.

I polled.

Most of us think we would not have made it passed the1st round had Bibby not been traded.

Moreover, we would have never found Teague without Hinrich.

It's an interesting set of developments... but I say, we found our PG of the future because we made that trade.

Had we not made that trade, this team would have been dismantled.

• Like 2

Uhm....

Have you looked really hard at the draft? Because of drafting cycles, this draft will be one of the worst of all times. It was the worst recruiting class of all time 2 years ago.

About the trade.

I polled.

Most of us think we would not have made it passed the1st round had Bibby not been traded.

Moreover, we would have never found Teague without Hinrich.

It's an interesting set of developments... but I say, we found our PG of the future because we made that trade.

Had we not made that trade, this team would have been dismantled.

The number one pick in this draft is projected to be a poor man's Chris Paul. The number one pick! I definitely think we game up too much as far as trading Crawford but as far as the draft pick goes, don't worry about that. Only lady luck will make that 18th pick a player worth a dang. Hmmmm....interesting...typing Jordan Craw_ _ _ _ automatically turn into "he who's name shall not be mentioned." Is that the work of you Dolfan?

Edited by Eddielives

I am not a fortune teller so I can not tell you that this draft will be one of the worse ever just because the same experts that said Marvin Williams was the 2nd best prospect in that draft say so. We could really use that pick IMO.

• Premium Member

This post is like some kind of.........HOT TUB TIME MACHINE!!

:offtopic:

very underrated movie.

Combination of suck. Weak draft classes have been the Hawks MO when they suck. They never suck when their are good classes except in 2004 and our stupid a** team won a bunch of meaningless games losing us a chance at D12.

Damn you Bob Sura....

• Like 2

Yep........his late season ballin triple doubles cost us some lottery balls for sure.

True .... but you have to admit they were one of the most fun to watch Hawks teams in recent memory because even though they were clearly deficient in talent they played hard.

Imagine if BK had been able to pull off that JT / 6th pick / 17th pick for Howard that he supposedly offered the Magic, we could have built a really nice team around D-12 and JJ :kickcan:

True .... but you have to admit they were one of the most fun to watch Hawks teams in recent memory because even though they were clearly deficient in talent they played hard.

Imagine if BK had been able to pull off that JT / 6th pick / 17th pick for Howard that he supposedly offered the Magic, we could have built a really nice team around D-12 and JJ :kickcan:

It would have been worth a future 1st too........now knowing we waisted the #2 pick on Marvin Williams the next season.

but the league will not let you trade 1st roudners two years in a row..........So it definately would have been worth a 1st two years later b/c we now know that was Shelden Williams at pick #5.

• Premium Member

I am not a fortune teller so I can not tell you that this draft will be one of the worse ever just because the same experts that said Marvin Williams was the 2nd best prospect in that draft say so. We could really use that pick IMO.

It's not about being a fortune teller or trusting the word of the talkers. Just look over last year in college basketball. What was there to talk about? What player stepped up??

In the tourney, Kemba Walker stepped up BUT he hadn't shown much until the tourney. Now ,there's a 2 yr turnaround on great players. 2 yrs ago, the group that went to college were one of the worst classes ever. No big names to speak of except Knight. The only freshmen coming out are Irving, Knight, Kanter, Harris and Thompson.

Kentucky put out threee Freshmen Last Year. Kentucky alone.

This draft is filled with Juniors. That means that these are guys who have had 2 years of college basketball past when they could have gone out.

No Sullinger.

No Jones

No Barnes.

This draft is not so strong.

Now what about the guys who are coming out?

Irving = Injury prone.

Knight = Should be good but not great.

Kanter = Unknown. Lots of Hype. May be the Next Darko. Could be the Next Bargnani

Harris = Needed more time.

Thompson = What did he come out for?

About Thompson, his game is centered around push people out of his way. BUt in the pros, he will be a lightweight. He doesn't have skillset beyond that.

There are some other guys like Freddette and Burks, but those guys are terribly flawed with Size and defense questions. The end result of this draft will be that there are a lot of guys who will be projects. The NBADL will fill up with guys who are drafted in this draft.