• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LOCKOUT DRAFT

Nicholasp27

i was right that al would be first hawk (ldo), but i had put late first, 2nd then edited to just 2ndi still like him as one of the best young bigs in the leaguealso, westbrook is a good selection also; he won't have a talent like durant on his team in this league, so he can be the man

Well somehow i got skipped ...

Al Horford

Leadership rebounding and a deadly mid range shot.

Sorry bro, but we all signed up for the same rules. 10 hours went by before I picked and others were pointing out time had elasped also. Edited by coachx

Dirk Nowitzki

When building a team for the next 4-5 years, I don't want to give the keys to a young up and coming star. I want my team to be led by a veteran. Dirk is the hardest PF in the league to gameplan against now that he has shown that smaller athletic fowards no longer can frustrate him. With the correct mix of talent around him, Dirk can lead any team to the Finals for the next 4-5 years; and with most of the superstars gone off the board I pick Dirk.

Sorry for the late post, had a new member introduced to the family today! :biggrin:

ok so how many people are in the draft now...can we get a new updated list

ok so how many people are in the draft now...can we get a new updated list

According to my count 3 people have been added in this thread.1. jy212. diesel3. sultanofatl4. capstone215. whassuphawks6. ahf7. supporter8. nicholasp279. seano10. 01d0rd3r11. thatsmydawg12. ngc713. coachx14. alejandro0915. Superiorblogman16. Colin17. IHeartAtlanta Edited by coachx

• Moderators

Round 11. jy21 - Lebron James2. diesel - Dwight Howard3. sultanofatl - Kevin Duran4. capstone21 - Deron Williams5. whassuphawks - Kobe Bryant6. ahf - Chris Paul7. supporter - Derick Rose8. nicholasp27 - Blake Griffin9. seano - Dwayne Wade10. 01d0rd3r - Rajon Rondo11. thatsmydawg - John Wall12. ngc7 - Al Horford13. coachx - Russell Westbrook14. alejandro09 - Dirk Nowitzki15. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA16. Colin17. IHeartAtlantaRound 218. IHeartAtlanta19. Colin20. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA21. alejandro0922. coachx23. ngc724. thatsmydawg25. 01d0rd3r26. seano27. nicholasp2728. supporter29. ahf30. whassuphawks31. capstone2132. sultanofatl33. diesel34 jy21

Edited by AHF

Today is his birthday and he only turns 27. He is possibly the last bonafide Superstar available in this draft. He won a championship in college and has been the man of several teams to make it to the playoffs in the Pros. He is regarded as one of the top 3 pure scorers in the NBA. He is at worse the 3rd best SF in the NBA and the SF position does not have quality depth of stars nonetheless a Superstar as Carmelo Anthony.

With the 15th pick I am proud to select Carmelo Anthony

Edited by TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA

Today is his birthday and he only turns 27. He is possibly the last bonafide Superstar available in this draft. He won a championship in college and has been the man of several teams to make it to the playoffs in the Pros. He is regarded as one of the top 3 pure scorers in the NBA. He is at worse the 3rd best SF in the NBA and the SF position does not have quality depth of stars nonetheless a Superstar as Carmelo Anthony.

I struggled with not picking him, his severe lack of defense really hinders him as "the guy" in my opinion.

I was really thinking of grabbing melo. Without a doubt a top 10 player in this league. The problem I had was more of position preference. I would rather have a "true" point guard then anything else on my team. Still great pick IMO, he will be scoring at least 25ppg for years to come.

With the 16th pick in the draft, I select Amar'e Stoudemire.

I struggled with this pick for a bit, as I know I am picking a player who dislikes defense, and was damaged goods just a few years ago. However, it is still Amar'e, a man who has been a force to reckon with for multiple years, and did not have an injury concern this season (besides his back in the playoffs. He can play tough close to the basket, as well as knock down a shot far from the basket, you can never underrate shooting touch.

Who gonna play PG?

Monta is a PG in today's NBA. He was simply before his time when he first came in. There is not much difference between he and Westbrook, or Rose, they all just run to the rim all night, Monta has a better midrange game than any of those guys though.