• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LOCKOUT DRAFT

Nicholasp27

• Admin

DeMarcus Cousins

With my pick, I take the young big man from Kentucky. Being only 20 years old, 6'11 270 I know that I have alot to work with, but along with youth and immaturity comes elite talent and skill. I know that I have to keep my best players happy, and with this pick I am able to do so, I don't have 2 guys who have to dominate the ball at all times, I have elite perimeter play with Rose, and I have a young superstar center who is averaging 14 and 9 on 30 minutes of play. I know that my team is young so far, but championships aren't won over night.

Kobe had Shaq, and now my boy Rose has Cousins

UGH!! That was going to be my pick...now I have to figure out a player to pick :(

On a side note, maybe ten years was a tad bit long, I mean, by the tenth year, only guys that are 22 and younger really have a chance at producing at a high level.

Yeah, I think the 10 year thing is pushing people towards taking some dudes who may have dropped a lot farther just because they're the youngest.

On a side note, maybe ten years was a tad bit long, I mean, by the tenth year, only guys that are 22 and younger really have a chance at producing at a high level.

Its just up to each GM how far into the future they want to look. Win now, win later, and of course you try to do both.

Yeah, I think the 10 year thing is pushing people towards taking some dudes who may have dropped a lot farther just because they're the youngest.

You have to ask yourself how much longer will older payer A be better then younger player B ? Is there that much of a difference between them now ? Do you want 10 allstar seasons or 4 allstar seasons ? We will start to see the veterans go soon once GMs have their young franchise cornerstones in place. You will alwayse have guys like Danny Ainge who go all in for a champioship now and I'd say its worth it if you suceed.It will be interesting to see who the next GM chooses to pair with Kobe Bryant. Edited by coachx

Update: I have invited Devon to co-own my team with me so that he doesn't miss out on the draft completely.You know what siamese twins say; two heads are better than one!

I promise to be a willing-participant and nothing like the ASG d-bags... I see a lot of talent still left on the board and am excited to be able to take part!

With my 2nd round pick, I choose: Andrew Bogut

Bogut is one of the most underrated centers in this league, imo. I chose him because he's a great defensive presence in the paint, he gives you rebounding, scoring in the low post, and shot blocking. The only concern with him is his injuries, other then that I like his game.

Edited by WhassupHawks

With my 2nd round pick, I choose: Andrew Bogut

Bogut is one of the most underrated centers in this league, imo. I chose him because he's a great defensive presence in the paint, he gives you rebounding, scoring in the low post, and shot blocking. The only concern with him is his injuries, other then that I like his game.

Wow, didn't know he was still on the board. Great pick if he goes back to 09-'10 form.

Wow, didn't know he was still on the board. Great pick if he goes back to 09-'10 form.

I guess its time for another one of these to keep track of who has been taken:Round 11. jy21 - Lebron James2. diesel - Dwight Howard3. sultanofatl - Kevin Durant4. capstone21 - Deron Williams5. whassuphawks - Kobe Bryant6. ahf - Chris Paul7. supporter - Derick Rose8. nicholasp27 - Blake Griffin9. seano - Dwayne Wade10. 01d0rd3r - Rajon Rondo11. thatsmydawg - John Wall12. ngc7 - Al Horford13. coachx - Russell Westbrook14. alejandro09 - Dirk Nowitzki15. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA - Carmelo Anthony16. Colin - A'mare Stoudemire17. IHeartAtlanta- Monta EllisRound 218. IHeartAtlanta - Joe Johnson19. Colin - Stephen Curry20. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA - Brook Lopez21. alejandro09 - Jrue Holiday22. coachx - Kevin Love23. ngc7-Joakin Noah24. thatsmydawg-Al Jefferson25. 01d0rd3r-Marc Gasol26. seano-Lamarcus Aldridge27. nicholasp27-Tyreke Evans28. supporter – DeMarcus Cousins29. ahf – Chris Bosh30. whassuphawks – Andrew Bogut31. capstone2132. sultanofatl33. diesel34 jy21I must say that, for the most part, the GMs have made some excellent picks thus far. Edited by coachx

• Moderators

I must say that the snake draft is not what I would prefer but I am enjoying this regardless

Unless you are doing an auction, I'm not sure how else you would draft a "from scratch" league without giving teams a huge advantage or disadvantage depending on their draft position. There is a huge difference between picking:StraightPerson 1: #1, #18, #35, #52, etc. Person 17: #17, #34, #51, #68, etc.and SnakePerson 1: #1, #34, #35, #68Person 17: #17, #18, #51, #52I assume for this draft exercise that there is not supposed to be any consideration of salary in this league, is that right? We haven't mentioned trying to stay under a cap or anything so I assume we are drafted for pure talent over the next ten years rather than trying to get a team that fits under the cap for the foreseeable future.
  • Like 1

you would prefer that first pick got 18th pick as well? snake is to make it more fairi could see doing a double-snake draft, where we go 1-17 17-1 17-1 then normal snake of 1-17 17-1 1-17 17-1 etc but i didn't wanna make it overly complicated for first draftyeah, this is a whole new league (all players defecting due to lockout) that has NO CAP (the reason the players like it in the first place)

• Like 1

• Admin

I have changed my philosphy from long term to a win now mode.

My selection is

Pau Gasol

Excellent post player, passer and rebounder (over 10 a game last season). Surprisingly solid defender too. He can play both center or power forward. Had a bad post season last season but he is not the only one. He still has a number of solid seasons going forward. He would be a great compliement to Deron running the floor or playing the pick and roll and feeding the post. With Williams on the roster I think his scoring can actually go up.

I have changed my philosphy from long term to a win now mode.

My selection is

Pau Gasol

Excellent post player, passer and rebounder (over 10 a game last season). Surprisingly solid defender too. He can play both center or power forward. Had a bad post season last season but he is not the only one. He still has a number of solid seasons going forward. He would be a great compliement to Deron running the floor or playing the pick and roll and feeding the post. With Williams on the roster I think his scoring can actually go up.

Damn you. My board is now dry. Good pick

• Moderators

Round 11. jy21 - Lebron James2. diesel - Dwight Howard3. sultanofatl - Kevin Durant4. capstone21 - Deron Williams5. whassuphawks - Kobe Bryant6. ahf - Chris Paul7. supporter - Derick Rose8. nicholasp27 - Blake Griffin9. seano - Dwayne Wade10. 01d0rd3r - Rajon Rondo11. thatsmydawg - John Wall12. ngc7 - Al Horford13. coachx - Russell Westbrook14. alejandro09 - Dirk Nowitzki15. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA - Carmelo Anthony16. Colin - A'mare Stoudemire17. IHeartAtlanta- Monta EllisRound 218. IHeartAtlanta - Joe Johnson19. Colin - Stephen Curry20. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA - Brook Lopez21. alejandro09 - Jrue Holiday22. coachx - Kevin Love23. ngc7-Joakin Noah24. thatsmydawg-Al Jefferson25. 01d0rd3r-Marc Gasol26. seano-Lamarcus Aldridge27. nicholasp27-Tyreke Evans28. supporter – DeMarcus Cousins29. ahf – Chris Bosh30. whassuphawks – Andrew Bogut31. capstone21 - Pau Gasol32. sultanofatl33. diesel34 jy21Round 335. jy21 - 36. diesel - 37. sultanofatl - 38. capstone21 - 39. whassuphawks - 40. ahf - 41. supporter - 42. nicholasp27 - 43. seano - 44. 01d0rd3r - 45. thatsmydawg - 46. ngc7 - 47. coachx - 48. alejandro09 - 49. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA - 50. Colin - 51. IHeartAtlanta -

1. We'll start off with a 8 hour time limit for pick. So when the person before you picks, you have 8 hours from then to make your selection or you are skipped. If you are skipped, the next person's clock starts and they have 8 hours. You may make up skipped picks at any time. Just post who you want when you get back to the thread. We may decrease time limit after a few rounds to keep draft moving smoothly, but we'll decide that as a group. One Caveat: The clock does not run from 10pm-7am.

What do you guys think of speeding up the clock for the 3rd round ? Edited by coachx