• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have offered Smith to the Wolves for the #2 to draft Kanter

Admin

CNNSI reporting Josh Smith to the T-Wolves for #2 pick (Kanter) and Beasley. Beasely included to make the $$$ match up.......according to AJC blog.

Never been thrilled with his work, but Sund would be the MAN if he swings the #2 AND Beasley for Smoove deal. Holy SH*T! :Nail Biting:

He's actually only 6'9.75 without shoes but he's got a good wingspan and standing reach so he should be a nice fit at the 5 for us next to Horford.

No NBA player list their height in bare feet on media guides though.

Beasley is extremely gifted offensively and nearly unstoppable when he is on but he won't give you much on the other end of the court. I wonder if the stuff about him being a malcontent are true.

Is he a malcontent or a headcase? I thought he had some mental issues, and smoked too much. If he's a malcontent, that would suck. We don't need another Rider. Again, Katner may be worth rolling the dice. I can see Sund trying to make this trade happen.

I think he's had some problems but he's no where near JR Rider in his prime. Never know if a guy is going to grow up or blow up. I'd say its worht a try. He hits 3's a lot more than Josh.

Edited by Randy
  • Like 1

HAWKS SEEM TO BE INCHING TO GET SCREWED w/ TRADING SMOOVE!

I'm FURIOUS! Can't believe they want a #2 pick in a weak Draft that WILL NOT put us over the top. This has to be pure rumor.

The "silver lining" would be that at least Josh would go to a poor team out West.

Edited by y2kenta
  • Like 1

Great point !

So they would have to include Beasley (or some other contracts) to make the deal work.

I didn't realize Beasley avg. 19ppg last season on 45% shooting. That's not bad at all for SF, which is where he'd play for us. That's a huge improvement over Marvin. The nice thing about this deal is it really sets us up for the future and keeps us solid right now too.

• Premium Member

Great point !

So they would have to include Beasley (or some other contracts) to make the deal work.

A lot more than just Beasley. After the trade kicker, Josh's outgoing salary is probably gonna be around $13M. Beasley makes around $5M.

This is either a MAJOR smokescreen or there's some MAJOR details missing.

• Premium Member

He's actually only 6'9.75 without shoes but he's got a good wingspan and standing reach so he should be a nice fit at the 5 for us next to Horford.

So our PF/C doesn't want to play C anymore, so we trade our PF/SF for another PF/C so he can play next to our other PF/C? What if Kanter turns out to be a bust? Why trade Smoove for being a headcase and pick up another headcase(Beasley) who will be on his 3rd NBA team? Will Beasley finally 'get it' here? Last but not least, who's going to play defense??? I'm not knocking this trade, but this one is a lot riskier than some people are letting on. I mean if you want a lottery C, why not wait on Perry next season rather than dumping Smoove for a C in a relatively weak draft? :scratchhead:

A lot more than just Beasley. After the trade kicker, Josh's outgoing salary is probably gonna be around $13M. Beasley makes around $5M.

What are you showing for the Wolves cap # for next year? Sham has them at $43.7 million and if they include Beasley they could definitely absorb Josh.

Minnesota is under the cap by about $5 mill right now. I'm seeing $53 mill on salaries until next season which officially starts in July. The salary cap is $58 mill.

So by throwing in Beasley contract the numbers work without the trade kicker. Can Atlanta elect to pay the trade kicker if they so choose ?.....or perhaps the T-Wolves are including a bum, like Pekovic, to make the numbers work.

What are you showing for the Wolves cap # for next year? Sham has them at $43.7 million and if they include Beasley they could definitely absorb Josh.

The main question is when do we officialy use next seasons salary numbers ?

I was thinking July 1 is the day but I could be wrong on that.

Minnesota is under the cap by about $5 mill right now. I'm seeing $53 mill on salaries until next season which officially starts in July. The salary cap is $58 mill.

So by throwing in Beasley contract the numbers work without the trade kicker. Can Atlanta elect to pay the trade kicker if they so choose ?.....or perhaps the T-Wolves are including a bum, like Pekovic, to make the numbers work.

The main question is when do we officialy use next seasons salary numbers ?

I was thinking July 1 is the day but I could be wrong on that.

How are you seeing $53?? Are you guys looking at 2010/2011 or 2011/2012?

Edit - just saw your 2nd part ... I don't know but that might be what mrH is getting his numbers from and if that's the case then he's probably right.