• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons off season could be done in 7 days

coachx

I love the Edwards signing. Love that we keep Clabo for a reasonable contract. We all knew Snelling was gone when we drafted the thick RB in the 6th round. Don't like that Dahl is leaving, but I think this means we keep Blaylock, who I preferred anyway. The only thing that surprises me is that Anderson was cut. Dmitroff knows his value as a run-stopper so he must have allocated the cap savings toward something. I generally believe he knows what he's doing. The Julio Jones deal could really blow up, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

The Jints re-signed Ahmad Bradshaw while Jason Snelling was reportedly in NYC for a visit. Hope they at least took him to Sbarro's for lunch or something. We'll see what the Rams do next.

I really hope the Falcons can keep Snelling. I read an article earlier this week that said Snelling played more snaps then Michael Turner over the last 2 seasons. Considering Turner missed 5 full games and parts of others in '09 this made sense. Snelling is on the field in passing situations since he is the better pass blocker and receiver. He is more important to this offense then are most backup RBs.

• Moderators

Don't worry about Grimes, he and his wife/manager Miko just got on the Stews show and went ham on Ledbetter about today's article.

Especially the Missus. Can we sign Miko, too? :-)

He'll be back at practice on the 4th.

~lw3

Adam Schefler reports 7 teams are still over the cap and have until Friday to get under the cap.

The Falcons are one of those teams but are only $1 mill over the cap. I guess this explains why there has been no movement on Snelling.

I wonder if Dimitroff is restructuring some contracts or if he is looking to cut another guy. C. Davis could be on the chopping block.

• Moderators

Just saw on a Falcons board thread that Schef retracted his earlier tweet that the Falcons were over the cap, and there's a NBCSports article that supposedly has the Falcons about $2.6 mill under.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/04/with-cba-coming-salary-cap-compliance-time-is-at-hand/

~lw3

Just saw on a Falcons board thread that Schef retracted his earlier tweet that the Falcons were over the cap, and there's a NBCSports article that supposedly has the Falcons about $2.6 mill under.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/04/with-cba-coming-salary-cap-compliance-time-is-at-hand/

~lw3

Great news ! Schefler is normally the most accurate reporter in the business. Glad he was wrong on this.