• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency is coming up, who would you like the Hawks to pickup?

willthepureshooter

See you guys no more about our cap situation then I do...I guess we are in a lose lose situation with the money and are pretty much stuck with what we have unless a trade goes down

When people say "sign player x" or "trade for player x", they often forget that this is not a video game. The other team has to have something you want. in the case of Chandler, Dallas does want JJ but the salaries don't match up. You aren't going to pay more than 12mil per for Chandler based on age/injury history. So you woul need 6 million + back from Dallas in Salary. So you'd be looking at something like JJ+filler for Chandler and Marion (disclaimer: I am not saying this is possible or probable), and you would have to ask yourself, would Dallas do that, would we do that. That is a trade to nowhere and so you shouldn't/wouldn't even bring that up.

Now if you are following the talk on amnesty. Dallas is talking about amnestying Brendan Heywood. Assuming he got through the waiver process, he could then be had (not going to happen but again, just explaining).

• Moderators

Hill will be an interesting case to see where he is priced. Obviously, he isn't a building block for the future but he was quite effective last year - definitely better than Marvin. I could see him getting a one year deal for $4 or $5M.

Hill will be an interesting case to see where he is priced. Obviously, he isn't a building block for the future but he was quite effective last year - definitely better than Marvin. I could see him getting a one year deal for $4 or $5M.

Hill's contract situation is very interesting at his age.

If he chooses to leave the Suns I think he would prefer to play for a winner, on a minimum contract, then a poor team for more money. His ball handling and passing skills would be great to relieve some pressure from Teague.

No to mention he's a "Name" that could add a little pop to our roster. Famous wife, polished look, he's the kind of guy Atlanta loves. Him and Cpt. Kirk would really raise the basketball intelligence on this team. Imagine a finishing lineup of Hill, Kirk, JJ, Horf and Twin. Good defense ball handling and scoring.

• Use amnesty on Marvin
  • Sign Tyson Chandler for 5 years 10mil/per (Marvin's salary plus a few mil)
  • Use MLE on Tayshaun or Battier
  • Resign Crawford for 2 years 7mil/per or sign Jrich for 2year 5mil/per

Roster:

PG: Teague, Hinrich

SG: JJ, Craw or JRich

SF: Smith, Battier or Prince

PF: Horford, Zaza

C: Chandler, Collins, Rookie

That team is better than any team we've put on the floor in a while, and it's feasible. We still have about 5 mil under the luxury tax threshold, and it would allow us to add a few mil to Marvin's salary to afford Chandler. MLE doesn't count against the cap. Craw or JRich sign for less than or equal to what Craw made last year.

• Moderators
  • Use amnesty on Marvin
  • Sign Tyson Chandler for 5 years 10mil/per (Marvin's salary plus a few mil)
  • Use MLE on Tayshaun or Battier
  • Resign Crawford for 2 years 7mil/per or sign Jrich for 2year 5mil/per

Roster:

PG: Teague, Hinrich

SG: JJ, Craw or JRich

SF: Smith, Battier or Prince

PF: Horford, Zaza

C: Chandler, Collins, Rookie

That team is better than any team we've put on the floor in a while, and it's feasible. We still have about 5 mil under the luxury tax threshold, and it would allow us to add a few mil to Marvin's salary to afford Chandler. MLE doesn't count against the cap. Craw or JRich sign for less than or equal to what Craw made last year.

This is completely not allowable. Using amnesty on Marvin would not free up a single dime to sign anyone if we resigned Crawford. We are sufficiently over the cap that we aren't going to be able to make a big free agent offer. The only thing we would be able to do is spend the MLE on someone without going into the tax.

Sorry.

Pretty interesting posts I see from you guys.. My opinion would be to re-sign Jamal Crawford since Sund made the dumb mistake of trading his replacement ----> #55! I think Sund took a gamble last season by not making Jamal an offer so it could cost us dearly during this FA period. After considering Sunds comments after the 'trade debacle,' I thinh he has every intention to resign Jamal but I fear his poker hand has been rivered.

Prince will get 8-9 million. I think people think he will be discounted and won't. Now Chandler will get 12+, bank on it.

If we are unable to resign Jamal Crawford, I would like to see us go after at least a scorer or a pure shooter. Nate Robinson was just bought out though I am not sure how much he will command on the open market. Also, since we are talking about a roster on the cheap, what about giving Adam Morrison a try?

If we are unable to resign Jamal Crawford, I would like to see us go after at least a scorer or a pure shooter. Nate Robinson was just bought out though I am not sure how much he will command on the open market. Also, since we are talking about a roster on the cheap, what about giving Adam Morrison a try?

Most of the guys you guys are naming will cost a lot more than the min. Morrison is likely staying in Russia this season. Most min guys are scrubs or NBDL players.

I want to see what these training camp guys bring. Woods and Alexander especially. Morrison??? He is really not any good. I know Woods is good. Alexander really improved when I seen him the NBDL, he looked like a potential 8th to 10th man. Spot minutes basically. We have spots.

Starting five

Hinrich

Sy

Zaza

Rolle

Benson

two spots open and if we trade we will have three spots open.

Starting five

J. Crawford

Sy

Rolle

Benson

three spots.

I wouldn't mind Woods, Alexander, and Samhan. Woods and Alexander actually look useful.

Edited by nbasuperstar40