• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mcgrady a Hawk?

HawksFan87

I hope it's true for two main reasons:

- 1st, we get a quality replacement for Crawford, a scorer off the bench and a 3pt threat.

- 2nd, Atlanta is a team quality FA consider, that would be a huge step forwards compared to past years.

McGrady could also help to add other veterans looking for an opportunity on the playoffs. Again I hope it's true but I really really doubt it, I have on confidence on the Hawks been able to bring him or any FA like him.

Stephen A. Smith lies a lot but we will see. I wouldn't mind if we got T-Mac but lol at his comment about he back to old T-Mac.

• Premium Member

I like this signing, not sure if it is true or not though. I assume it is for a low rate, so it should be a low risk high reward signing that a team with our financial situation needs to make. I also think this points toward Jamal taking his talents elsewhere.

Also, if I'm not mistaken T-Mac has never won a playoff series. I think he will be plenty motivated to work hard and stay healthy assuming the Hawks remain a top 5 team in the East.

When T-Mac played which he didn't do every much, he was somewhat impactful offensively. He clearly is not a starter at this point of his career. I would love to see him in a role like Grant Hill but that's a serious reach. If he can give us a proven scorer as a 6th man, that would be good enough.

• Moderators

Nice veteran for a minimum contract.......and to think I was mocked for making this suggestion last week by the "know it alls."

Love it ! Low risk with some actual reward potential.

Agreed.

irony

I am 99% sure "ironing" was an intentional joke.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Considering we will probably loose Jamal, T-Mac aint gonna cut it. We will need more pieces if we want to move forward otherwise we are exactly where we left off last year.

When we can only sign minimum contract players without going into the luxury tax, gambles like this are our only chance at bringing significant value. Better T-Mac than Mario West.

• Like 1

That's true, isn't Tayshaun a FA that can be signed for MLE?

8-9 mil. This FA class will be paid but not that impactful to be honest.

Keep in mind that T-Mac is actually better equipped to play backup PG than Jamal was which could be handy with Kirkland injured. Not even as efficient a scorer as Jamal was but he can offer plenty in other areas such as passing and rebounding. He also claims to be in pre-microfracture form so I'm reluctant to get hyped because he might ask for more than we can offer but we are amongst the only playoff teams that can offer him not only plenty of playing time but a possible starting position also.