• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you trade Horf and Blink (Teague)....

Diesel

• Premium Member

For an unsigned Howard.

THIS IS NOT A TRADE TALK Proposal PERSE..

But I just want to speculate on how we feel about getting a star like Howard or Paul (for that matter) by giving up core players... if they are not resigned.

Would you complete a Danny Manning like trade?

• Premium Member

If he promised to resign

That's the scary thing. If we get Dwight, he "promises" to resign and then we go to the playoffs and have a very bad outing... and he doesn't resign... we're screwed.

or what if all he says is...

He will make a decision after the playoffs.

or

he still would like to test the waters?

Is it a big enough opportunity that you would still make the deal with no assurance that he would come back?

Just cant see myself liking that without a promise to resign with the hawks. As much as I want this team to have a legit star I rather they keep this team they have and stay in competetion rather than take a Risk on hoping that a star they trade for will resign......then again apart of me says yeah! hell go for it! ITs championship or nothing!

• Premium Member

If he agreed to re-sign, it's a no brainer..you do it. However, if not, I'd be hesitant on that. It's a shame this team has no flexibility due to the foolish, short-sighted albatross contracts of JJ and Marvin. The only tradeable assets this team has are Teague, Josh, Horford and Captain Kirk's contract. I think making a move with one or probably more of those assets in combination with new ownership is the only way this team improves. NO WAY Howard signs here longterm with an aging shooting guard who's eating up all the cap space, an undersized power forward and ownership who has no clue.

• Like 1

Why not play this season out. This year is the last year for GM, head coach and practically our whole bench if their contracts are not renewed. We will have a lot of options depending on the outcome of this season. From keeping or losing the core and if so being able to Amnesty a contract like JJ's could give us a chance in the bidding wars for Dwight. A sign and trade with Horford and Marvin could be an option as well but this year needs to play itself out !!

• Premium Member

Why not play this season out. This year is the last year for GM, head coach and practically our whole bench if their contracts are not renewed. We will have a lot of options depending on the outcome of this season. From keeping or losing the core and if so being able to Amnesty a contract like JJ's could give us a chance in the bidding wars for Dwight. A sign and trade with Horford and Marvin could be an option as well but this year needs to play itself out !!

I think the one concern I have is that if the team as a whole takes a step back (which is possible), it could possibly have adverse effects on the trade value of certain players. If you're smart, you always sell high rather than holding on tooo long (which this organization has a history of).

I think the one concern I have is that if the team as a whole takes a step back (which is possible), it could possibly have adverse effects on the trade value of certain players. If you're smart, you always sell high rather than holding on tooo long (which this organization has a history of).

That's true but which one of our 26 yr old's and younger are going to take a step back. Joe avg. 18 last season and it's going to be hard for him to play worst production wise than last years injury riddled season. I agree to try to get the best trade value if need be but we currently will not get the best trade value with most of our players current trade value.

• Premium Member

That's true but which one of our 26 yr old's and younger are going to take a step back. Joe avg. 18 last season and it's going to be hard for him to play worst production wise than last years injury riddled season. I agree to try to get the best trade value if need be but we currently will not get the best trade value with most of our players current trade value.

Josh and Marvin maybe 26 years old, but they've both been playing much longer than the average 26 year old NBA player. Those guys are who they are at this point. I think Al and Jeff may see some individual improvement, but not to the extent where it puts the Hawks in the conversation with Chicago and Miami. The organization failed to even remotely address the glaring weaknesses this team has with rebounding, interior defense, low post scoring and the ability to score in the half-court which are all crucial to playoff success. This is still a jump shooting team that wil get exposed against the elite teams. IMHO, holding on to the current formula too long (which I think they already have) will prove to be a mistake.

Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

I wouldn't trade Teague. No. Horford yes. I would only trade Al for Bron or Dwight.

• Like 1

Josh and Marvin maybe 26 years old, but they've both been playing much longer than the average 26 year old NBA player. Those guys are who they are at this point. I think Al and Jeff may see some individual improvement, but not to the extent where it puts the Hawks in the conversation with Chicago and Miami. The organization failed to even remotely address the glaring weaknesses this team has with rebounding, interior defense, low post scoring and the ability to score in the half-court which are all crucial to playoff success. This is still a jump shooting team that wil get exposed against the elite teams. IMHO, holding on to the current formula too long (which I think they already have) will prove to be a mistake.

I feel ya. I think we both will be happy though if the Hawks prove you wrong this year!!

Bro, I knew this team wasn't built to win a title five years ago. I knew they needed a PnR PG or some type of superstar. Nothing will change in that regard. You can't write the Hawks off because they have too much talent but you can't expect much because they lack role fit and need to keep their talent or else their average. This team was what you think they are if you aren't a hater or someone who imagine players can do things outside their skill-set. A very good limited team. They peaked as an unit. Teague does nothing to change that.

For an unsigned Howard.

THIS IS NOT A TRADE TALK Proposal PERSE..

But I just want to speculate on how we feel about getting a star like Howard or Paul (for that matter) by giving up core players... if they are not resigned.

Would you complete a Danny Manning like trade?

Is this a reported trade? Will dolf offer you to go to another site? Or is it a look away thread?

I would do this trade without any promise (unless there was a promise NOT to resign). I think Howard would find it harder than most people think to leave his hometown team with JS and JJ. I might not take on a bad contract in exchange for Hinrich as part of the deal without a promise.

W