• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on the Hawks going back to the 80's logo and jerseys?

AussieHawk21

Hi, im a hawks fan from perth australia. this is my very first post, so i thought id ask a question ive been asking myself for the last few years.What do you guys think about the hawks going back to the 80's logo and jerseys ,Dominique style. I dont think theres anyhthing wrong with the colours we wear at the moment, theres just something about the 80's style that really says ATLANTA HAWKS.what do you guys think?

• Like 2

Love the pac-man jerseys !

Noticed Smoove as a big Hawks pac-man logo tattoo on the inside of his left arm last night................never noticed it before.

Maybe Josh knows something we don't...

Welcome to Hawksquawk! Don't let the negativity after losses scare you away, it goes away completely after a win... however, it will return after each loss!!

And for me, no I don't want to go back to old logos and colors as that means I'd have a massive update to do on the website LOL

• Like 1

Of course they should go back. There are over a dozen professional teams with the colors blue and red. There's only one other franchise I can think of with red and yellow (Chiefs). We'd look distinguishable again. And don't get me started on that God-awful red-brownish color of the out of bounds area in Phillips. Our current look is just way too bland and boring. The casual older non-Hawk basketball fan would recognize and identify with the Pac Man Hawk Head much more than this basic logo that 100 high school and college teams could have. Old uniforms, old logo, old floor, instantly more popular.

• Like 1

I agree that the old logo and colors are much better than the current ones. I don't think we'll see a change anytime soon since the team just changed a few years ago. Just another blown op by the ASG, may they rot.

I don't know if someone posted some versions of the logo here earlier, but on Chris Creamer's logo site, folks have come up with new concepts of the logo, they actually look like a bird's head in a circle, lol.. I didn't mind the color change, some say we looked like the McDonald's all stars, probably cuz of how they played,anything to change the winning percentage around.

The color scheme and jerseys, sure, but I don't like the fact that we had a logo that is remembered more for looking like a popular videogame character despite predating it by 8 years.

I didn't realize it was a Hawk until YEARS later pilot.gif

It is interesting that so many teams are going back to the old school logos (Golden State, Phila), and the Wizards are using an updated Bullets logo (and may change back to the Bullets name, rumor has it). I'm not sure if there's a limit to the number of alternate jerseys, since the LeBaby era Cavs had like 100 jerseys. The old school red and yellow Pac-Man jerseys should at least be an alternate, but stay the heII away from those awful green and blue ones!

p0baxbpgemif35g5ql1xt4z3q.gif

Welcome to the board!

I guess that we're pretty much unanimous on this... Few years back I suggested the same thing, because I became Hawks fan during mid 80' and I still have a hard time adjusting to all kinds of uniforms we experimented with during all these years... They all lacked Hawks ID, simple as that!

P.S. In my opinion, some illiterate person called it "Pacman logo-type", although it has no similarities at all (the only one being round in shape)... I think it's very good design, simple and solid.

Edited by T21