Hawks - Nets

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Here's looking forward to some letdown-free basketball!

T-Mac and the Impaler should see more minutes with Marvin sidelined for a couple games.

No Memo and no Damion James for New Jersey tonight. MarShon is recovering with his ankle but is expected to play.

~lw3

Here's looking forward to some letdown-free basketball!

T-Mac and the Impaler should see more minutes with Marvin sidelined for a couple games.

No Memo and no Damion James for New Jersey tonight. MarShon is recovering with his ankle but is expected to play.

~lw3

My vote for official nickname vampire.gif

• Like 1

Might be a good time to be a Nets fan.

Hawks have, for many years, won the tough games, only to lose the

ones that they should win.

We know - - two out of three on those three in a row -- Wit the Bulls

feeling the talons of the Hawks.

Now, after a day's rest, can the Hawks still play? We'll see.

helpsmilie.gif

Don't look now but its a 5 point game ...

Good to see we still aren't practicing our FTs :(

Good job Vlad and JJ to finish it off at the line! This game ended up being far too close but the Nets had to shoot a very high percentage to make it happen. I don't know about you guys but I'll take winning 7 out of every 10 games this season!

Still have some major concerns about this team:

1. We STILL can't hit FTs in clutch time.

2. Our interior D sucks. Foes' length bothers us big time. It inflates opponent offensive rebounds, second chance opportunities, and creates easy put-backs and lay ups.

3. We aren't rebounding well enough--especially Horford and Joe.

However, Josh has had 3 awesome games in a row, Teague is playing better, and Vlad is contributing (although all 11 of his shots today were 3pt attempts...wow. He hit 4 of them.)

It also feels good to beat teams you should be beating.

• Like 2

2. Our interior D sucks. Foes' length bothers us big time. It inflates opponent offensive rebounds, second chance opportunities, and creates easy put-backs and lay ups.

However, Josh has had 3 awesome games in a row, Teague is playing better, and Vlad is contributing (although all 11 of his shots today were 3pt attempts...wow. He hit 4 of them.)

It also feels good to beat teams you should be beating.

I don't see anything major that's a problem with our interior defense. *shrugs

Thoughts on LD playing the starters for most of the 2nd half. Only Zaza played. I Thought LD didn't want them to lose and hear from the media about them losing to the lowly Nets after pumelling the Bulls in impressive fashion.

I hope they have legs for Wednesday's game in Indy.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I don't see anything major that's a problem with our interior defense. *shrugs

Tonight's game and both Bulls game when Asik was on the floor are great examples of how our interior D hasn't been what it needs to be.

With that said, our D in other areas has been fantastic...good enough to earn us 6th place in Def Eff coming into the game.

Thoughts on LD playing the starters for most of the 2nd half. Only Zaza played. I Thought LD didn't want them to lose and hear from the media about them losing to the lowly Nets after pumelling the Bulls in impressive fashion.

Agreed JBH...gotta get a win when you can. I mean it's not a back-to-back...for Gosh sakes I hope our team can have "their legs" with a day off in between. Sometimes I wonder.

I think LD made a good choice in (doing his best) to ensure we got this win. Every win counts the same and you never know what will happen.

It's true that Drew wanted to ensure he won the game by leaving the starters in. Here is what he had to say:

“Going into halftime, I was going to come out and see what happened and go off feel,” Drew said. “Once New Jersey made that run, I made a decision to ride the starters. I didn’t want to lose momentum. I went with feel. I kind of went with my gut.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/01/09/atlanta-hawks-hawks-106-nets-101/

Edited by TheTruth

• Premium Member

This sounds like a recipe needing some D-12.

I think because we have so many back to backs in the first 12 games, that LD felt justified in playing the bench more. As you look to the schedule ahead, we have less back to backs so LD will start to get the starters into playoff shape. I think you will see some Tmac and maybe some Green moving forward, but until Hinrich is back and in playing shape, you want see a lot of us playing the bench in long stretches (guys like Pargo, IVAN)