• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks-Raps

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Hoping to see a nice productive day from Messrs. Teague and Johnson in the backcourt. Push the Raptors guards to the margins and force contested shots from the outside, and keep rotating bigs inside so Mr. Smith won't have to feel like he's doing everything under the boards. Aaron Gray will be out, and T-Dot may be sitting Bayless, Bargnani, and James Johnson due to injuries.

Happy MLK Day! Go Hawks!

~lw3

• Moderators

But would any of us be suprised if it came down to the wire even with those guys out? Wasn't it last year's MLK game against Sacramento when it was much closer than it should have been?

And Happy MLK Day too by the way guys.

Happy MLK Day!

This team tends to play to the level of their competition so I hope they come out and win comfortably the way their talent suggests they should. This is setting up in a way reminicent of the OT loss to depleted Miami.

• Premium Member

Great games by Josh and Joe. Even the most hate filled Joe hater on this site has to admit the man has been playing great the last few games. 27/6/5 with three 3 pointers on excellent shooting and only one turnover. You go Joe!

Great games by Josh and Joe. Even the most hate filled Joe hater on this site has to admit the man has been playing great the last few games. 27/6/5 with three 3 pointers on excellent shooting and only one turnover. You go Joe!

3 blocks, 2 steals, 6/7 from the line are the stats that really stuck out to me. Really stuffed the stat sheet tonight.....and I'm sure some coaches' All Star ballots. Him and Josh have been a dynamic duo over this stretch.

• Moderators

The stars played like stars tonight, it was "A Day On, Not A Day Off" for Joe and Josh. The role players played well, and Teague held his own with another tough assignment.

I'm giving myself a one-game SmoovatoriumTM: won't whine one bit about those long-range jumpshots as long as he's doing the other things well as he did today. Those shots were falling like manna from heaven today.

Hope T-Mac gets healthier soon, and Marv finds a way to get the ball in the rim when he's under it.

~lw3

Somebody is gonna have to start helping smoove out with the rebounding though, my only complaint about the game.

I'd agree with this. Even though Horford was underperforming on the boards this year, he was the only big not named Smith that could reliably get you 7 or 8 rebounds per game. A combo of Collins and Zaza won't do much to offset that void, but guys like IVAN, Vlad, and TMac can help. We need those extra possessions and second chance opportunities.

I'd agree with this. Even though Horford was underperforming on the boards this year, he was the only big not named Smith that could reliably get you 7 or 8 rebounds per game. A combo of Collins and Zaza won't do much to offset that void, but guys like IVAN, Vlad, and TMac can help. We need those extra possessions and second chance opportunities.

This is wrong, people are looking at rebound totals and thinking that Josh is doing all the work on the boards when in fact....he's just playing a larger total of minutes than other guys excluding Al. Ivan and Zaza put up better rebound rates and Marvin is Smoove's equal on the boards. Al's rebounds took a huge plunge from previous seasons but Ivan has equaled his previous production from seasons past, Zaza is rebounding at nearly his career high rate, Marvin has exploded on the boards and Josh is stagnant at his previous career high from last season.

We are mainly still a bad rebounding team because, as mentioned, Marvin's rise is offset by Al's drop and then our backcourt of Joe and Teague are far worse than last year with Bibby/Hinrich despite their size and athleticism with Joe even being at a new career low. Plus we've been having to rely on Radman and today Collins who are both hard to offset if Smoove/Marvin, or Smoove/Zaza/Ivan take even a halfstep back in their efforts.

Even the most hate filled Joe hater on this site has to admit the man has been playing great the last few games. 27/6/5 with three 3 pointers on excellent shooting and only one turnover.

I fall in that category, but I always give credit when due. His jumper has been rather wet lately from his lift (with no unnecessary fade!) to follow through.