• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Josh Smith FINNALY Make The All-Star Team?

PureGreatness

• Moderators

I've got Josh and Deng as the last guys in. In his pocket, Josh presently leads all Eastern forwards in defensive rebounds, is 2nd in blocks, 5th in steals, and 6th in assists. Where it gets sticky is if the coaches decide they can't have an All-Star Game without a Celtic on board, in which case Pierce will probably get the lifetime achievement honor by replacing one of these two. Josh will have to get his shooting efficiency up and remain high in the aforementioned rankings to ensure he's not the one who gets snubbed.

Head-scratcher: Why are the All-Star rosters stuck at 12, when the NBA minimum team rosters have been at 13 for awhile now?

~lw3

I've got Josh and Deng as the last guys in. In his pocket, Josh presently leads all Eastern forwards in defensive rebounds, is 2nd in blocks, 5th in steals, and 6th in assists. Where it gets sticky is if the coaches decide they can't have an All-Star Game without a Celtic on board, in which case Pierce will probably get the lifetime achievement honor by replacing one of these two. Josh will have to get his shooting efficiency up and remain high in the aforementioned rankings to ensure he's not the one who gets snubbed.

Head-scratcher: Why are the All-Star rosters stuck at 12, when the NBA minimum team rosters have been at 13 for awhile now?

~lw3

Isn't Deng nursing torn ligaments in his wrist? Given Rose's (lack of) persona over that team I'm sure him and his coach opt for rest and healing (especially with the minutes he logs) over attending an exhibition game.

My Darkhorse is none other than Ryan Anderson who has quietly been the only Magic to care this season without resorting to pointing out how no one else cares.

Good teams should have two All-Stars. Teams with losing records should have none. Players should be chosen at their official positions, a requirement on the fans' ballot but sometimes ignored when the conference coaches' cast their votes.

http://www.nba.com/2012/allstar/2012/02/02/east-reserves/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

It will be a good time for smith to go on one of these hot streaks. People actually think Andre Iguadala should be and an all star -__-.

I doubt he goes. So I won't get my hopes up.

I don't even know Iggy's numbers, but I'm sure almost every coach would take him over Josh. If I'm not mistaken, Iggy has never been. He's been waiting for a chance longer and been more consistent longer than Josh. And playing under Doug Collins, a league favorite, will give him an edge. Now if it comes down to Josh and a Celtic Forward, then I would hope he gets the nod for the integrity of the leagues' sake.

It will be a good time for smith to go on one of these hot streaks. People actually think Andre Iguadala should be and an all star -__-.

I doubt he goes. So I won't get my hopes up.

Rondo/Williams

Granger/Johnson

Pierce/Bosh

Hibbert

I don't see how you could complain about Iggy over Smoove. He's the top player on a very good Philly team and people who constantly downplay Josh's raw numbers and cite his defensive impact as a counter should most definitely apply that same logic to Iggy.

Iggy should be an All Star without question. Hawes has been better than Hibbert but Hibbert is Indy best rep since Granger is not getting in over Iggy.

If Andre is an All-Star over Josh Smith then I will die laughing. Josh is better than Andre, not to mention Andre is putting up 13.1 ppg & 6.7 boards a game. Josh is putting up 15.4ppg & 9.1 boards a game. Josh is also shooting better FG% than him, not to mention we are a better team right now than Sixers.

Any HAWKS fan to agree that Iggy should get it over Josh is a hater.

Got to love our own "Atlanta fans"

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

If Andre is an All-Star over Josh Smith then I will die laughing. Josh is better than Andre, not to mention Andre is putting up 13.1 ppg & 6.7 boards a game. Josh is putting up 15.4ppg & 9.1 boards a game. Josh is also shooting better FG% than him, not to mention we are a better team right now than Sixers.

Any HAWKS fan to agree that Iggy should get it over Josh is a hater.

Got to love our own "Atlanta fans"

Right, because the Smoove lover's agenda isnt clear mentioning rebounds and FG% in favor of a PF over a SF but no mention of assists? Steals? 3point%??? Take that name calling nonsense elsewhere, it's not a crime to be objective.

Edited by MaceCase

Who brings more to the table? Iggy or Josh?

Who is having a better season? Iggy or Josh?

Who is on the better team this year? Iggy or Josh

Thanks!

The day that Josh gets voted in for All-Stars, I can see a few people raging why he shouldn't had went to the All-Star game. People wonder why we have shitty fans.

Who said Iggy and Josh was competing v. each other. I think Josh should be a starter over Melo.

Maybe I should point this out to you but the Sixers are 16 and 6, thats right tied for 2nd in the East with Mia and ATL and Iggy is their best player so everything else you said is picked and chosen nonsense from a supremely biased JOSH SMITH lover. Where is all your diehard fandom when you are picking apart Al Horford on the board and in the chat? I dislike ignorance but I despise hypocrisy, save all your proclamations about the fanbase for yourself.

Maybe I should point this out to you but the Sixers are 16 and 6, thats right tied for 2nd in the East with Mia and ATL and Iggy is their best player so everything else you said is picked and chosen nonsense from a supremely biased JOSH SMITH lover. Where is all your diehard fandom when you are picking apart Al Horford on the board and in the chat? I dislike ignorance but I despise hypocrisy, save all your proclamations about the fanbase for yourself.

My point exactly. Thank you. We are also 16 & 6 and a huge part of the reason is because of Josh Smith. Not to mention, we have one of the best "centers" out for the season. For Josh & Joe to carry this team like they have been doing is phenomenal. People were writing us off. Josh hasn't played as well the past 3 games, but before those games, right after Horfords injury, we would not even win half of those games if it wasn't for Josh. Josh has been a bigger part of this team this year and it has been showing. Not only that, Josh is putting up better numbers than him for the most part.

It's fun to poke at you and a few others who worship Horford in the chatroom, so that's why I do that there. If you're crying about how I poke at you for loving Horford and backing him up every time someone says something then you're crazy. Why don't you open your eyes and see who the main target in the chatroom is. DING!

Edit: Can't believe we have fans arguing why Josh shouldn't be an All-Star! Lmao.

Actually, I take that back. I can.. /sigh

Edited by AHawks89