• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Josh Smith FINNALY Make The All-Star Team?

PureGreatness

So the All star starters will be annouced this thursday on TNT. And folks(non Hawks fans) seem to have him in as a reserve for the most part. But will the coaches put him in

I assume starters in the east will be Wade/James/Rose/Howard/Melo and Rondo and Bosh are probably locks for 2 reserve spots.

So is Smoove one of the other 5 reserve spots?

Paul Pierce

Josh Smith

Joe Johnson

Carlos Boozer

Amare Stoudemire

Danny Granger

Roy Hibbert

Someone from the 76ers

John Wall

Ryan Anderson

Smooves numbers are down cause we blew out a couple of teams and didnt really need him offensively. His numbers will get back up in this homestand. So out this group I just listed will Smoove make the team?

I think Smith is slowly shooting his way from All-star consideration. He took 7 shots tonight, made 3, 2 of the made shots was in the paint, others were from 9ft (made), 11ft, 15ft, 20ft and 23ft. This will not get it done. I want the Josh who was starting to get doubled in the post.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I think it all comes down to who coaches gameplan for night in and night out against our Hawks. Honestly from a coaches perspective he would probably gameplan for Joe first since he is so difficult to stop. And then for Josh all he would have to say is to leave him wide open on the perimeter.

It's just too easy to figure out Josh when he is not living in the paint, and I think that's what makes coaches constantly leave him out of the all star team. They know that Joe can kill them from both the outside and the paint, and they know that he will more often than not make the right decision. But I think that they honestly feel that Josh is not that hard to gameplan for especially when he gets into "Larry Bird" mode.

I don't see Josh making it this year. It could just be me but other than that handful of games right after the Horford injury he's kind of become the forgotten man. Had he made the game in prior years he probably could get in this year, but I just don't see it happening this year and really I believe his case was stronger the past 2 years. His points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, etc. are all in the same range as they typically are but his putrid 3pt and FT percentages are killing him this year and he actually has his career worst true shooting percentage and his effective fg percentage is the worst it's been since 07-08. I'd love to see Josh make it this year though even if it's just to make up for screwing him out of the game 2 years ago when he truly deserved to be there.

Honestly, Josh should be a starter or at least a backup for Bosh. His defense has been very good. Offensively, he really hasn't shown much improvement consistently. Teague should get consideration over Rondo and most EC PG's.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Premium Member

I think he has a great shot this year. Why? Coaches seem to get hung up on making sure teams with the best records get more than one guy in the AS game to reward the team for winning. Joe is a lock for the AS game and with Al hurt the only other Hawk who remotely deserves going is Josh. The media might ignore our great record but the coaches should not.

I think he has a great shot this year. Why? Coaches seem to get hung up on making sure teams with the best records get more than one guy in the AS game to reward the team for winning. Joe is a lock for the AS game and with Al hurt the only other Hawk who remotely deserves going is Josh. The media might ignore our great record but the coaches should not.

Not always true. It may have seemed so with Boston and Detroit but teams like Orlando and Cleveland were rarely given a second All Star without Stern intervention.

• Premium Member

Not always true. It may have seemed so with Boston and Detroit but teams like Orlando and Cleveland were rarely given a second All Star without Stern intervention.

Jameer Nelson and Mo Williams were All Stars simply due to the "team record demands a second all star" line of thinking. I don't think it is a stretch that a guy who most people in the league feel has been passed over twice now in Josh would finally get a spot with the same thinking.

Jameer Nelson and Mo Williams were All Stars simply due to the "team record demands a second all star" line of thinking. I don't think it is a stretch that a guy who most people in the league feel has been passed over twice now in Josh would finally get a spot with the same thinking.

Jameer was actually the 3rd All Star on that Magic team and had a career year in scoring and FG% and thus was looked at as an upstart on a suddenly very good Magic team, he hasn't been back since despite the Magic constantly having great records and him being the 2nd best player. Mo, like I said, wasn't picked by the coaches, he was picked by Stern as an injury replacement.

This from CNNSI.COM power rankings

For that matter, Atlanta has the rebounding prowess and quickness in transition to rain down threes before opponents can recover. The main obstacle in this strategy is the notoriously poor shot selection of Josh Smith, the team's best rebounder and defender, who is launching a career-high 6.4 shots per game from 16-23 feet and hitting just 38 percent of them, along with his 3-for-16 abomination (18.8 percent) from three-point territory.

allstar my *ss!!!!!!!!!