• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MEM vs ATL

99PROBL3MS

• Premium Member

I expected a tough game tonight. Memphis is a hungry team and not bad at all.

I'm more disturbed by that double digit lead they have on our court, reverse slamming and s***. Something about this team man... They fight and get back in games plenty. But when things go really bad, they tend to just quit.

We need Al v. real teams.

I should have known better to have any faith in these guys. The moment you do, they give you the finger. Same ole Hawks. 3-7 against teams with a winning record. Who knows how bad it will be this month if they can't even stay in the game against a `11-10 team at home. Yikes.

"These games happen once or twice a year" -excuse after every blow out even though we have had 3 already this year. Roughly the same rate as last year.

What pisses me off the most is that MEM came out, after the initial minutes, and just out-intensity-ed us. Then, we threw lazy passes time and time again (as if they didn't know coming into the game how adept MEM is at stealing the ball) and couldn't get any offense going AT ALL. Joe was held in check by old man Tony Allen (albeit a great defender), but we allowed him of all people to go off on us. And it isn't even like MEM is a good offensive team--we kept giving them points by turning it over and not finishing inside.

Just a disgusting, shameful, ugly game.

Guess they will have to put it behind them quick, cuz we are looking at a 40 pt blowout against upcoming games against PHI and the Heat if this is how we are now going to play against winning teams. This month's schedule is no cupcake like January's!

Edited by TheTruth

• Premium Member

These games make so angry that I literally have to stop watching or my blood sugar sky rockets as a diabetic from my blood pressure from screaming at the television. This team still has the same problem as we've had for YEARS now: we don't just lose a game we get BLOWN OUT in a loss. The team just gives up. There is no defense for it, they just give up. Awful lack of leadership when it comes to getting guys to fight back when down.

• Like 2

My iPhone must have become self aware because it's chosen to not let me watch the 2nd half of the game perhaps out of sympathy. Maybe I'll be spared during the upcoming robot apocalypse....

Back to the game.....well.....not entirely unexpected from these guys but I''m sure we'll all be holding our breaths to see how the next game(s) look in comparison to this.

• Premium Member

My iPhone must have become self aware because it's chosen to not let me watch the 2nd half of the game perhaps out of sympathy. Maybe I'll be spared during the upcoming robot apocalypse....

Back to the game.....well.....not entirely unexpected from these guys but I''m sure we'll all be holding our breaths to see how the next game(s) look in comparison to this.

The thing is, I expect them to bounce back. More than likely even post a winning homestand. But they'll come back and have a game...let's say the upcoming game Vs. the Heat:

They'll have shown a strong homestand, probably put up a good fight in Orlando...and then come out like they're in the same class as Miami with a solid, if not dominating 1st half of basketball. Miami will play tough defense, make adjustments...and viola...it's like two totally different Hawks teams playing the same game.

I'm going to backtrack though...and play the waiting game before I throw my hands up.

*Deep Breath*

You know what? I'm over the loss. We played like crap, and there were a bunch of things we did wrong to piss me off, but it's over now.

What the team needs to do right now is pick itself up, right the ship, and buckle down. This Feb. schedule is no joke, and we can't play like we did tonight again this month. Yes, the Hawks will lose games, but do so playing fundamental basketball--not this abomination I saw tonight that allowed a scrappy and hungry team continually subject you to swirlies and abject humiliation on your home court. You played lazy, uninspired and careless basketball...that ish will keep you grounded, Hawks!

Rest up young Hawks, it doesn't get any easier from here!

Unto the next game. Games are coming too fast and furious to dwell for too long on one game. So do we bounce back against Philly? I hope so, they have always followed up really bad game with good games. We've only had one back to back loss so far for the season.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Wretch, I'm trying to find the best way to describe your eerily prophetic discovery of the Hawks and their cycle and how it extends over eras.

It's like we're early man looking at the stars and saying they are just random dots in the sky but you come along and say "waitaminute, I've seen that shape before" and connect the dots.

You're like that kid that I always swear is Haley Joel Osmont in Mercury Rising.

You're like Nic Cage in Knowing.

I get your apprehension, you're the guy who knows when the world is going to end but one ain't exactly proud to be right about a thing like that so you're holding out hope that maybe, just maybe, you're wrong.

Gotta say I commend you and at the same time feel sorry for the fact your brain contains all this information. About 5 more Cuba libres and I'll remember this as just another solitary loss in the morning. Cheers!

• Like 1

Whoop the Phillies and move on.

We did everything a dumb team could do tonight..silly passes to people who couldn't make it work anyway...TONS of tunovers...absolute suckiness....not just borderline suckiness....but absolute suckiness.

sucked....sucked....we sucked...dumb passes...we sucked.

P.S. - we sucked.

P.S.S. - we really sucked.

Edited by DJlaysitup