• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Lakers Game Thread

benhillboy

Would've thought one would've been up by now for the Kobe Show. As always, we have to be weary of being outrebounded, especially against the two 7 footers. Tyson Chandler has made a habit of punking them both simultaneously, so hopefully our undersized, but tough (when they want to be) front line can exploit Bynum's and Gasol's softness and foul proneness. The reason I think of Joe as a Defensive Team Snub is for this sole game: he can give Kobe fits while still getting his numbers. The Teague-Fisher matchup could go either way. Sometimes Fish is embarrassed by athletic guards, sometimes he could totally take them out of their game with stout man defense and good help. Our bench should torch theirs. Marvin vs. Artest? They're both awful. The Lakers shoot awful from just about everywhere, so to allow them high percentage shots, especially to get hot from three with Murphy or Blake, would be very lame. We need our two best players to be just that, our two best players. Not Willie and Janero in a meaningless second half. Let's F&@kin Go and get some confidence and respect back.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

So... yeah...

Keep this from being The Andrew Bynum Show. Clog the lane with our bigs, and get ready to disrupt passes out to Kobe. The Lakers have the league's worst 3-point shooting percentage. If guys like MWP and Barnes are getting a high volume of shots, it's a good night.

The Lake Show is like the Magic in the sense they're not going to be a big threat defensively, other than blocks by Bynum and flops by D-Fish. They're dead last in steals and turnovers created (11.2 TOs/Game, on pace to pass the 2009 Pistons for the fewest per-game turnovers created in recorded NBA history), making it easier for LD's motion schemes to find the desired shooter. Teague should be able to get around the PGs Blake and Fish at will, but must be able to create as well as finish inside without picking up unnecessary offensive fouls.

Go Hawks!

~lw3

we have a chance to beat the lakers in atl they been horrible on the road( wait nvm it would of been a home game for them) but anyways they been good at home 11-2.. this is gonna be ugly. only guy i expect to have a good game is teague because lakers struggle with pgs.

• Moderators

Side Quiz: Which TNT "analyst" said this about the Miami Heat?

"They are one of the top teams there, but we'll see," he said. "Orlando is going to be there in the East. Atlanta is still going to be there. Can't forget about Chicago. Boston is going to make the playoffs. They're going to be the underdog; I think they like being in that underdog position. So, we'll see."

~lw3

Side Quiz: Which TNT "analyst" said this about the Miami Heat?

"They are one of the top teams there, but we'll see," he said. "Orlando is going to be there in the East. Atlanta is still going to be there. Can't forget about Chicago. Boston is going to make the playoffs. They're going to be the underdog; I think they like being in that underdog position. So, we'll see."

~lw3

I will take a really wild guess and say "Elevator" Ernie Johnson. [someone please cue up the youtube video of him dunking, too difficult to do on a phone]

• Moderators

I will take a really wild guess and say "Elevator" Ernie Johnson. [someone please cue up the youtube video of him dunking, too difficult to do on a phone]

Nope! I probably should've said "commentator," since "analyst" assumes there is some actual analyzing going on. Anyway, here's The Diesel's piece of NECCO heart-candy to Hawks fans...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/sfl-miami-heat-shaquille-oneal-s021412,0,7713919.story

~lw3

It's all about the effort. Either we have it or we don't. My hope is that we do.

I expect \ hope we see more of our "new" center. He can clog up the lane some.

Maybe as much as 10 minutes tonight? Maybe.

Hawks have two very good PG's which should be a big + for us.

If our 3's fall and we have the energy, we will win. Otherwise, another long night.

GO HAWKS