• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson: "Some nights we look great, some nights we don't. Hopefully at Chicago we will look great. We'll see.”

GameTime

• Premium Member

Joe has said we need another big. Joe has said we need another star. Joe signed for a big number, but its not his fault the team couldn't afford it. As has been said on many occassions we have 3 above average players on this team.

3? Let's see. Josh, AL....who's the third? Teague?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The hate Joe gets on here is laughable. The guy goes out even while injured and does his best which is usually some of the best two way play in the entire league by a two guard. He may not be the kind of 25 point a night player that some want him to be but he's still an elite level talent.

• Premium Member
Really? So Joe has a slump and he's not even average anymore? Okay.

He never seldom produces when this team is facing quality opposition. If we're aiming for mediocrity then Joe is the man, but if we're talking about doing something special then Joe is nothing more than a financial albatross.

Honestly my comments towards Joe are extremely subjective. I don't like the guy anymore. His dry demeanor rubs me the wrong way. I just can not support a "Super Star" who takes losing better than I do.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

He never seldom produces when this team is facing quality opposition. If we're aiming for mediocrity then Joe is the man, but if we're talking about doing something special then Joe is nothing more than a financial albatross.

even if we take your logic, then what about the other guys who don't even do it against bad competition? What does that make them?

• Premium Member

even if we take your logic, then what about the other guys who don't even do it against bad competition? What does that make them?

those other guys aren't paid to be the team leader. I'll take a page out of JVG's book. JVG thinks the highest paid player should bring more than points and rebounds. Joe sets the tone for this team and from what I've seen it's not a very good one.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

The hate Joe gets on here is laughable. The guy goes out even while injured and does his best which is usually some of the best two way play in the entire league by a two guard. He may not be the kind of 25 point a night player that some want him to be but he's still an elite level talent.

I notice you haven't been trolling with your "Where da haters at now?" stuff in a while. Like most of us "haters" (realistic fans) have been saying, Joe is going to have his hot shooting streaks where he looks invincible, but then he's going to have slumps like he's in now where he's lucky to be in the NBA at all. The highs are canceled out by the lows, and what we're left with simply isn't worth the absurd, franchise-crippling number he's being paid. It's not hate, it's simple math.

How can people so enthusiastically support someone who basically admits he leaves his play to chance? "I'm going to shoot a lot of 3's. If they go in, cool, if not, oh well. The schedule's tough, you know? We'll see."

• Like 2

I know you're being sarcastic but come on Joe has carried this franchise for 6 years as the primary scorer and perimeter defender. He doesn't deserve the "hate" that he gets around here.

He basically made it impossible for this team to make any moves. I know what people will say: "Yeah, you would have taken the money also" but he knew what it would basically do when he accepted all that money. Pretty much, he doesn't have a leg to stand on if he cries about the status of the team. Further moves can't be made BECAUSE OF HIM.

His shooting is dropping to the low 40's, his 3pt shooting is plummeting again and his rebounding and assists numbers are falling off more and more. He is only an all star this year because the pickings are slim.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I notice you haven't been trolling with your "Where da haters at now?" stuff in a while. Like most of us "haters" (realistic fans) have been saying, Joe is going to have his hot shooting streaks where he looks invincible, but then he's going to have slumps like he's in now where he's lucky to be in the NBA at all. The highs are canceled out by the lows, and what we're left with simply isn't worth the absurd, franchise-crippling number he's being paid. It's not hate, it's simple math.

How can people so enthusiastically support someone who basically admits he leaves his play to chance? "I'm going to shoot a lot of 3's. If they go in, cool, if not, oh well. The schedule's tough, you know? We'll see."

It is tripe like this post that shows how the haters are. You are certainly not a "realistic" fan if you think Joe Johnson is "lucky" to be in the NBA at all. Even with his knee tendinitis affecting him he's still putting up numbers and holding his own on defense. What is NOT realistic is to expect him to put 30 points a night to "justify" his contract.