• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stackhouse takes Joe's place in 3pt challenge!

Brotha2ThaNite

This is ridiculous...Jerry Stackhouse? Stack has not played enough minutes to qualify to do anything at the ASG. Tell me this is a joke. You replace JJ with Rondo instead of Josh and you replace JJ with Stack...smh, Josh, Teague, Marvin, Willie, even Zaza is more deserving. This is some plain old B.S.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

This has to be first time in NBA history that a team's 14th man got tabbed to represent them in any facet of the All-Star proceedings. It is a real head scratcher. If they just wanted a name from the past, T-Mac was more deserving.

• Like 3

Just wanted to confirm that it is Kevin Durant who is replacing Joe in the 3pt contest, NOT Stackhouse.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/02/kevin-durant-replacing-joe-johnson-in-three-point-contest/

The injured Joe Johnson will be replaced by Rajon Rondo and Kevin Durant for All-Star Weekend events. Durant will take Johnson’s spot in the long-distance shootout. From the Oklahoman: “Thunder forward Kevin Durant will replace Atlanta’s Joe Johnson (injured left knee) in the Three-Point Contest on Saturday at 7 p.m. at the NBA All-Star Game in Orlando, Fla. NBA commissioner David Stern named Boston point guard Rajon Rondo as Johnson’s replacement on the Eastern Conference team.”

Stackhouse is the representative for the All-Star Haier Shooting Stars competition.

The last guy off the bench.

What the #$KJ???

http://www.nba.com/2...ents/index.html

The shooting stars one is kinda dumb (IMO) and he's probably the only Hawk who would agree to do it. I'm guessing we had to have someone since I believe we won last year, right?

But isn't Stack older than Smitty?

No no no, Smitty beats him by 5 years but when I think of memorable Hawks I always think back to that great quarter Stack had at The Garden. Twas' a magical season that I'll always remember for the journey rather than how it ended.

• Moderators

Just in case anyone was wondering whether the shooting stars contest is a complete joke or not.

Stackhouse being selected is basically the supreme indictment of the shooting stars contest. If you can't get Pargo to attend, isn't it time to cancel the event?

• Like 1

Nearly everyone who does the Shooting Stars ends up being embarrassed whether they miss the easy shots or they spend 5 minutes shooting from half-court. The chance of being the worst shooter on a team with an old man and woman doesn't help either. I don't blame people for declining.