• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How can u defend Josh? Just How can u

MoBetta

Don't fall for it. Name me ONE player that has changed their entire mentality after 7 seasons of playing the exact same way?? It's like expecting Jamal Crawford to suddenly become more of a passer than a shooter. Josh has ALWAYS had stretches where he playes great, and as surely as the sun rises every morning, he eventually reverts to playing like a complete loser. This entire fan base needs to give up on this guy so we can move him and start building a new team, because this one is really tough to watch.

You're preaching to the choir, but that honestly was his best offensive half of the season. The numbers may not reflect that, but other games he puts up big points making jump shots, which is more a result of luck than good play. Josh altered his mentality and shot over 50% two years ago, so it's not unprecedented for him to shy away from the 3pt line and a good chunk of the long 2's.

I fully expect it to be a fluke, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate Josh when he's playing the way he should.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I saw this question asked:

Can you TEACH basketball IQ or is it just something you have or don't have?

Answer:

Of course you can. Think every smart NBA player was that smart when they were 10, 15, 20?

Josh is 8 years in and we keep seeing the same thing over and over...It's either he isn't being taught or he isn't retaining the information.

I disagree. Part of it is nature. The answer he gives is a decent analogy. It is like intelligence. No one gets smarter - they are what they are. However, you can educate yourself and you can train your mind to improve your mental abilities. Likewise, some people have a natural feel for the game and others don't. You can learn to make smarter decisions but having that court vision to see plays before they develop, etc. isn't something you learn. Instead, you can learn to recognize certain situations and identify the proper response to them if it doesn't come naturally. That takes effort and discipline.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Hmmmm..Hawks are 10=0 when Josh scores at least 20. You guys sure you want him to shoot less?

I want him to shoot less stupid jumpers, of course. Despite his monster game, none of his jumpers fell. He should shoot a lot, of course. IN THE PAINT!

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 1

It is sooooo hard to defend Josh...the guy who wins us our games against top teams with our other starters out.

Let's face it...Smoove was our only real NBA starter tonight.

We don't win that game without Teague or Zaza either. We never see that nasty dunk if Zaza doesn't save Josh's airball and Marvin's whatever it is he does near the rim.

I've just been burned so many times by my optimism in thinking josh has turned the corner when he has a few good games like this....he does this then spends 5 games camping out 2 feet inside the 3pt line

If he ever does decide to give up the worst shot in basketball and play inside every game, then watch out nba

After these few games, I say you keep the core and work around it. But the core I'm referring to is Teague-Horford-Smith.

Find ways to unload JJ, Marvin, and Kirk. Get a no-nonsense coach and sign JSmoove to an extension.

I never thought I'd say this, but that's what I think I'd do right now...