• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How can u defend Josh? Just How can u

MoBetta

• Premium Member

He was my favorite player for a long time, but the guy lost me. Officially it was the moment when he was walking back on transition against the Magic in the playoffs two years ago that made me give up on him. The guy is selfish, and so arogant that he can't see when he is behaving idiotically. He won't change. The guy cares about winning the same way AI did, problem is he doesn't have the basketabll skills of AI.

• Like 1

Josh Jumper personally missed four free throws. Hawks lost by How many?

That's correct. Josh Jumper hits all his free throws and Hawks win.

Add to that, all Josh Jumper's shots that failed to fall. Sometimes he's hot and

sometimes he's not. Tonight was a big not.

• Premium Member

Our team collectively killed us at the free throw line but Josh specifically killed our offense with so many bad shots and poor choices when he had the ball in his hand. He had a bad game, no question. Let's hope he uses it as motivation for his next game.

• Like 1

I can no longer get upset when Josh shoots a jumper. It's like getting mad at the sun for setting. It's just going to happen. What I'm noticing more, though, are these instances when Josh catches it wide open and has a rhythm shot (which is still the equivalent of a contested half-court shot for actual shooters), but he hesitates, let's the defender close, and then launches from 20 ft with 10+ seconds on the clock. A bad shooter taking shots nobody should take just boggles the mind.

1 shot from 9 feet - miss

1 shot from 11 feet - miss

1 shot from 17 feet - miss

2 shots from 19 feet - miss

1 shot from 20 feet - made

6 shots from 21 feet - 5 miss, 1 made

1 shot from 23 feet - miss

13 shots from long range - 2 made shots

beathorse.gif

MO,

You can't defend it but you can put it in perspective.

JJ - 6-17, 35.3%

JT - 6-14, 42.9%

Zaza - 5-14, 35.7%

MW - 5-15, 33.3%

JS - 5-20, 25%

the reality is only JT earned his shots tonight. If you look at it from a points per possession aspect (ie shots+turnovers)

JJ - .9

JT - 1

Zaza - .87

MW - .73

JS - .64

Terrible...all of them. You should get about 1.1-1.2 points per possession. Only Jeff Teague came close and he passed on what should have been the go ahead 3 out of fear.

The only argument you can make for Josh is that inspite of his dreadful offense tonight, he had the best +/- at +8.

• Like 1

Josh Smith is a Al Harrington wannabe on offiense, without any jumper or skills to go along with what he imagines himself being ( Al Harrington ). And he has proven over that past 7 years it is all in his imagination. Dumb as a rock and not getting any smarter. I am done bashing him now, think this tirade covers it all pretty well.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

I can no longer get upset when Josh shoots a jumper. It's like getting mad at the sun for setting. It's just going to happen. What I'm noticing more, though, are these instances when Josh catches it wide open and has a rhythm shot (which is still the equivalent of a contested half-court shot for actual shooters), but he hesitates, let's the defender close, and then launches from 20 ft with 10+ seconds on the clock. A bad shooter taking shots nobody should take just boggles the mind.

And to think, some say he only takes these shots when he gets the ball with only 3 or 4 seconds left on clock. Then top it off by acusing me of not watching any games.

I'm to the point that we need to just trade him

His long jumpers in the final 3 mins of a close game just kills us

I love his good qualities but am no longer holding my breath that he will start to play to his strengths and stop takin the worst shot in basketball as one of the worst shooters in basketball more times per night than more efficient players take total shots

• Like 1

I'm to the point that we need to just trade him

His long jumpers in the final 3 mins of a close game just kills us

I love his good qualities but am no longer holding my breath that he will start to play to his strengths and stop takin the worst shot in basketball as one of the worst shooters in basketball more times per night than more efficient players take total shots

You must be superman. 7 years of holding your breath and still alive, amazing :)

20 posters on here said they would start him even he wasn't a Hawk.

Can only hope that is 20 out of about 8 million inhabitants in the metro area. Maybe this is why no one goes to games. ASG thinks they have a star in Smoove and 8 million potential paying fans disagree...

Josh's time in Atlanta will come to an end when we get new ownership or a better coach (not happening) if he isn't traded. At this point I don't think Josh's play has anything to do with low BBIQ, it is his belief that he thinks he is better than he actually is and he is just doing whatever he wants on the court because LD will not bench him because he is a lame duck coach.

Okay, so, I actually enjoyed watching the game last night despite the loss.

I know someone said that we lost because of missed free throws, but I think we really lost the game in the paint.

Now, Josh Smith, what the heck?

I try not to be too critical of players because they do work hard at their craft and they are, after all, real people, but man... It's not like Smoove hasn't heard all of this before, and not just from fans, from respected coaches and analysts who know way more about basketball than I ever will. None of his critics would ever deny that Smoove is a talented player, it's just he way he applies the talent that needs work. Sometimes even a layman like myself is blow away by how skilled he is in the paint, and I'm not talking about his leaping ability or lob dunks, I'm talking about his ability to beat his defender one-on-one. If that Smoove showed up ever game no one would doubt him, no one could doubt him.

ps. In addition to his offense, he needs to box out... Just saying...

Okay, so, I actually enjoyed watching the game last night despite the loss.

I know someone said that we lost because of missed free throws, but I think we really lost the game in the paint.

Now, Josh Smith, what the heck?

I try not to be too critical of players because they do work hard at their craft and they are, after all, real people, but man... It's not like Smoove hasn't heard all of this before, and not just from fans, from respected coaches and analysts who know way more about basketball than I ever will. None of his critics would ever deny that Smoove is a talented player, it's just he way he applies the talent that needs work. Sometimes even a layman like myself is blow away by how skilled he is in the paint, and I'm not talking about his leaping ability or lob dunks, I'm talking about his ability to beat his defender one-on-one. If that Smoove showed up ever game no one would doubt him, no one could doubt him.

ps. In addition to his offense, he needs to box out... Just saying...

Boxing out would require him to physically touch someone and maybe get a boo boo. Ever notice how Smoove hardly ever ends up on his *ss but is the first to cry foul when his elbow gets touched? Just saying...

• Like 1

How does this not fall on Larry Drew? Josh is jacking stupid shots over and over and over again and yet he never gets reprimanded from his coach. This is the same thing we went through with Mr. Potato Head (Woodson). LD needs to call him out or bench him or something.....ANYTHING! Don't say "WE took to many bad shots tonight" say "JOSH took to many bad shots tonight". Call him out for this B.S. Anyone with half a brain knows why we lost that game last night. Why is LD not acknowledging this simple fact?

• Premium Member

The thing that really baffles me is that when Josh gets in the low post or attacks the basket he shoots at a very high percentage and is usually fouled in the process. And yet he refuses to do either of those things consistently. I blame Josh for most of that but I also blame coaching. If you let him settle for long jump shots just inside the three point line which IIRC is the lowest percentage shot you can take in a half court for all players then you are to blame as much as the player. Sit his *ss until he does what he should be doing.