• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh reportedly involved in 3 team trade? [Min / Atl / Orl - D12 not involved]

Pmeehan

• Moderators

I'd take MC at his word, but I wonder if he was duped (like myself and others here) based on the early Hoopsworld tweet errantly insinuating that Smoove would go to Orlando as part of a deal. What MC responded "false" to was, "What about this rumor that just came out about ATL and Orlando in 3 way deal involving Josh Smith?"

Hoopsworld's latest jumble of a report suggests ATL remains unmoved by a deal that have gotten Michael Beasley and Ryan Anderson (yawn.) While that contradicts somewhat the Yahoo reporting (Beaz to Lakers), Yahoo did note Minny is looking at several deals at once.

~lw3

Pekovic or bust!

I mean... Williams and Pekovic... Williams is gonna be an All-Star some day, and Pekovic is most dominant Euro center who plays well in the post (much better than Kaman). Now that he's got a true chance, he's showing what he's made of...

If you cannot get one player to match Smooves talents, getting multiple makes sense also. But I do not want garbage for him. The euro center seems like the real deal and though not close to a Howard, Bynum, or even Cousins his ceiling is rated fairly high.

Still have to get more than him for Smoove so lets see what happens.....So much for Smoove trade rumors being dead with our owners statement yesterday and so much for Howard automatically going to NJ also. Not hard to figure out these two are best friends. They share identical twin waffle like personalities diablo.gif

If you cannot get one player to match Smooves talents, getting multiple makes sense also. But I do not want garbage for him. The euro center seems like the real deal and though not close to a Howard, Bynum, or even Cousins his ceiling is rated fairly high.

Still have to get more than him for Smoove so lets see what happens.....So much for Smoove trade rumors being dead with our owners statement yesterday and so much for Howard automatically going to NJ also. Not hard to figure out these two are best friends. They share identical twin waffle like personalities diablo.gif

Derrick Williams and Peckovic would be a terrific get for Smoove. I'd rather keep him long term but we're not gonna get anything better than that pair. Not saying the Wolves would give us both of those players but if they don't then I'm not giving them Smoove.

• Like 1

Derrick Williams and Peckovic would be a terrific get for Smoove. I'd rather keep him long term but we're not gonna get anything better than that pair. Not saying the Wolves would give us both of those players but if they don't then I'm not giving them Smoove.

Exactly Dolfan. Josh is a good fit up there and if they really want him, he won't and should not come cheap...

I believe the Spirit will try to lock up Josh long term in the summer. Things are already changing to where he is being the main focal point of the offense or getting co 1 plays.

I don't think Josh will string along a franchise like Dwight. If he is hell bent to get away, they'll will most likely trade him during the draft or thereafter. It's foolish to trade him now when the draft prospects haven't made themselves known yet.

I believe the Spirit will try to lock up Josh long term in the summer. Things are already changing to where he is being the main focal point of the offense or getting co 1 plays.

I don't think Josh will string along a franchise like Dwight. If he is hell bent to get away, they'll will most likely trade him during the draft or thereafter. It's foolish to trade him now when the draft prospects haven't made themselves known yet.

Edit: According to Sekou, they won't even have the ability to sign him long term this summer.

Edit: According to Sekou, they won't even have the ability to sign him long term this summer.

Wrong. They won't be able to offer him an extension because they didn't extend him when he was an unrestricted free agent. That does not mean they can't offer him a new contract when he is a free agent, essentially long term.

Wrong. They won't be able to offer him an extension because they didn't extend him when he was an unrestricted free agent. That does not mean they can't offer him a new contract when he is a free agent, essentially long term.

You said wrong and then went on to explain why it was right . . .

Thank you! Can people stop listening to writers like Sekou.

The writer was right according to GABALLA . . .

You said wrong and then went on to explain why it was right . . .

The writer was right according to GABALLA . . .

Give him a break man. I think he just is a little confused about the difference between a extension which is done before player becomes a free agent and signing him long term when player is a free agent.

Most definitely anyone who gets Josh before the deadline will have his bird rights and therefore can offer him 1 extra year and 3% higher raises for the life of the contract. For a max player like Howard that is about 28 million more, for Josh it will be closer to 18 to 20 million more.

Unless they give him a max like we did JJ which is a option and in that case it is 28 million more just like Howard....

• Moderators

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7688201/sources-dwight-howard-not-give-option-season-end

Dwight's still in play, at least for other NBA teams like the Brooklynets, as per Marc Stein at ESPN. He won't sign the ETO and was apparently confused earlier today by what he and his agent had to do to commit himself to the Magic through next season.

~lw3

http://espn.go.com/n...tion-season-end

Dwight's still in play, at least for other NBA teams like the Brooklynets, as per Marc Stein at ESPN. He won't sign the ETO and was apparently confused earlier today by what he and his agent had to do to commit himself to the Magic through next season.

~lw3

He was not confused. Magic gave him and his agent a deadline of today. No reup with the extension and they are doing everything in their power to get him moved in time.

He is just playing Tom Foolery, Howard is doing his best to keep his options in FA and he does not want to make the Nets give up some of his future team mates. Nets will not be so attractive with just Deron, and if Deron lands in Dallas he may be on a borderline lottery team in NJ

• Like 1

• Moderators

I didn't realize 2012 was a few years away. Where has the time gone?

Not only that (Barclays scheduled opening is September 2012), but the Garden State can be pleasant in the springtime... when the wind blows a certain way. biggrin.png

~lw3

I didn't realize 2012 was a few years away. Where has the time gone?

No matter man, Howard is probably the first HOF player ever who had the Nets as a preferred team to be traded to...