• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Next move should be firing LD

• Premium Member

• Premium Member

Thought Nate McMillan did a good job with that ragtag roster. Dude did damn good considering he had to routinely field his team without 2 franchise level talents in Roy and Oden.

• Premium Member

I think Josh would endorse hiring Jerry Sloan.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Guest Walter

Jerry Sloan

Amen. I doubt Jerry Sloan takes another job but if he would, he would be awesome. If we aren't going to pay the LT (for real) or make a big trade, the least we can do is spend money on a coach who can maximize this roster. LD isn't bad but with a maxed roster we need to improve outside the framework of the cap and LT. Coaching is the only way.

Lastly, If you can coach (manage the personality of) Karl Malone, you can coach anyone. The fact that Deron Williams all but ran Sloan out IMO speaks volumes about Williams. That has to be one, quietly hard to coach SOB.

W

Amen. I doubt Jerry Sloan takes another job but if he would, he would be awesome. If we aren't going to pay the LT (for real) or make a big trade, the least we can do is spend money on a coach who can maximize this roster. LD isn't bad but with a maxed roster we need to improve outside the framework of the cap and LT. Coaching is the only way.

Lastly, If you can coach (manage the personality of) Karl Malone, you can coach anyone. The fact that Deron Williams all but ran Sloan out IMO speaks volumes about Williams. That has to be one, quietly hard to coach SOB.

W

Sloan would be great, but I doubt he would be an option. At this point, there is little doubt that if the ASG made a change, they would just get another cheap coach.

If there were no constraints though, I think the Hawks should go get Mike Fratello. I've been saying it for years. Bring Fratello back.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Sloan would be great, but I doubt he would be an option. At this point, there is little doubt that if the ASG made a change, they would just get another cheap coach.

If there were no constraints though, I think the Hawks should go get Mike Fratello. I've been saying it for years. Bring Fratello back.

I've also been wanting Fratello. Him, Adelman, and Carlisle respectively are the top 3 coaches that I've been coveting for years.

When i used to talk about Fratello, people pulled the nostalgia card on me... But it's so much more than that. That dude knows this game and has been away from the sidelines analyzing it for quite some time now. He's primed to come into a situation and turn it around. I love that he's an old-school minded coach and that he knows how to change his game plan according to what he's got. I would have cried if they had replaced Woodson with him....just like I would have cried if we had brought in Doc from Orlando.

OT: but another thing that has haunted the Hawks for so long is how the franchise just ignores it's roots. LOOK at how long it took to get Nique the proper due.

The Blazers lost good talent in Oden and Roy but they still had a lot of talent on that roster and they mutinied against him. Plus he quit on his team in Seattle after they won the division so that he could go to Portland and enjoy the deep pockets of their owner. I'm kind of satisfied seeing OKC do so well and Portland fire him after the way he did Seattle.

• Premium Member

Fellas, fellas, fellas...we all know the A&G will never and I mean NEVER pay a real coach to come here. If Drew doesn't agree to become the cheapest head coach in the league again after this deal expires then I fully expect them to go find some other assistant coach desperate to get a head coaching job on his resume. They will NEVER pay for a Sloan or Adelman. Adelman's agent contacted the Hawks years ago and they told him the same thing. They wouldn't even fire Woodson twice when Knight demanded they do it because they wouldn't pay two coaches salary at the same time.

We're stuck with this deadbeat horse s*** ownership until God smiles down from Heaven and gives us a decent owner that buys the team away from them.

I strongly disagree with this.

Drew has done an excellent job with the roster and injuries he was dealt this season.

If we were told at the beginning of the year that Horford would be injured for the season in game #4 then I believe most would have predicted a .500 record. Anything better is gravy.

Heck, our winning percentage is better this year without Horford and Jamal Crawford then it was last year.

Of course a big part of that is the loss of Bibby and big regular season improvement with Teague but I think Drew has done excellent job in keeping this team in contention with what he has to work with.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

I think Nate's a good coach too that just needs the right scenario.

What's the right scenario? He had a loaded team in Portland and the richest owner in sports. The players couldn't stand him and you can't trust him to stick around after the way he treated Seattle after being part of that organization for 17 years.