• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe F'n Johnson is our Superstar!

willthepureshooter

It's never good enough. If he doesn't play well and we lose he doesn't care and is overpaid. If he has a big shot to send the game into OT and comes up big in OT, it's what he is supposed to do because he is overpaid. Get over the money people, it is what it is.

but how many games can we consitanyly win waiting on joe to warmup with 3min. left in the game.he did the dam thing tonight ok.its just that it seems to be too much of a of a constant feom him.

Joe is averaging 27 points per game in March, which just happens to be when he rested his knees, and other than tonight's game he's been much better earlier in games in March.Bottom line is that others need to help pick up the scoring load when JJ is struggling and while Josh did that tonight in the 1st half we need a 3rd reliable scorer in the worst way.
  • Like 1

Joe is averaging 27 points per game in March, which just happens to be when he rested his knees, and other than tonight's game he's been much better earlier in games in March.Bottom line is that others need to help pick up the scoring load when JJ is struggling and while Josh did that tonight in the 1st half we need a 3rd reliable scorer in the worst way.

Translation ---- "We miss Al"

Translation ---- "We miss Al"

That's an understatement! Beyond the Zaza blown layup there was another awesome pass Josh that Zaza fumbled bumbled and stumbled with and ended up turning an easy basket into a miss and you just know that Josh is praying for Al to come back healthy and soon.

• Moderators

Ummm maybe you missed this game? Perhaps the most exciting playoff game in Hawks history considering it was #1 vs #8 and they were beating us down.http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=nheRrtNOcnI

I'm taking issue with that statement. That wasn't even the most exciting Hawks-Celtics playoff game in Hawks history.

I'm taking issue with that statement. That wasn't even the most exciting Hawks-Celtics playoff game in Hawks history.

I said perhaps and considering we were an 8 seed vs the overwhelming favorite to win the NBA title #1 seed and were down 10 points when Joe and Josh took over it's very arguable as our most exciting game. I know that we had some great games vs the Celtics in the 80's but we were also a very good team then, while in 07 we won 37 games and nobody gave us a chance to even compete.

That video of Joe vs Boston in 2008.. I still cant get over how enthusiastic our fans were then.. If only we could get half that back lol..AND DID U SEE THE EMOTION JOE WAS SHOWING!!WATCHIN THE CLIPS OF THAT SERIES STILL GIVES ME CHILLS!

• Like 3

Ummm maybe you missed this game? Perhaps the most exciting playoff game in Hawks history considering it was #1 vs #8 and they were beating us down.http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=nheRrtNOcnI

really ??? have you heard say saying " what have you done for me lately"what did he do when the magic beat us by 100 in that series.or against the bulls last year ??or against the wade and lebron-less heat this year ??Joe is good........at times i just hate how some team make an adjustment on him and its over

really ??? have you heard say saying " what have you done for me lately"

what did he do when the magic beat us by 100 in that series.

or against the bulls last year ??

or against the wade and lebron-less heat this year ??

Joe is good........at times i just hate how some team make an adjustment on him and its over

Do that in the playoffs or against the Bulls or Heat or adleast 76ers or Pacers even.

I guess you meant do that in every playoff series and/or every playoff game?

And yeah I've heard that saying but that doesn't meant I don't appreciate things done for me in the past.

I agree and also hate when a team makes an adjustment on him to shut him down, but that's the difference between Joe and legit superstars. Joe can be a superstar at times and there are games when he's not going to get shut down but yeah there are games when he will.

I guess you should also hate on Durant and Westbrook for losing to the Joe and Horford-less Hawks this year??

Every since Joe has moved to SF he has been a Superstar.. There are only few SF in the league who can really defend him well, and thats Lebron. We have the advantage everygame while he is at SF besides the Heat and Thunder imo.. And like i said, hes played like a superstar at the SF position.

Every since Joe has moved to SF he has been a Superstar.. There are only few SF in the league who can really defend him well, and thats Lebron. We have the advantage everygame while he is at SF besides the Heat and Thunder imo.. And like i said, hes played like a superstar at the SF position.

you say a few SF then you only say Lebron what about the 2 guards ?? Battier locked him up Kobe locks him upAfflalo, Brewerstop with the superstar stuff how many "superstar" can get locked up by one player.....for a play maybe but taken out completely

Every superstar can be shut down. More than likely though the game plan is let the superstar go off and stop everyone else(see us vs. Magic). I think it's telling that on our team they will throw all they have at Joe and dare somebody else to beat them. That is respect. If you don't believe me see the Chicago series just last year.

• Like 2

I guess you meant do that in every playoff series and/or every playoff game?And yeah I've heard that saying but that doesn't meant I don't appreciate things done for me in the past.I agree and also hate when a team makes an adjustment on him to shut him down, but that's the difference between Joe and legit superstars. Joe can be a superstar at times and there are games when he's not going to get shut down but yeah there are games when he will.I guess you should also hate on Durant and Westbrook for losing to the Joe and Horford-less Hawks this year??

not every game id settle for every other game or even the last game of a series and there is no such thing as a sometime superstar!!sometime allstar i can agree but i don't think someone can play like a superstar. are you comparing wade and lebron to joe and al ?

Every superstar can be shut down. More than likely though the game plan is let the superstar go off and stop everyone else(see us vs. Magic). I think it's telling that on our team they will throw all they have at Joe and dare somebody else to beat them. That is respect. If you don't believe me see the Chicago series just last year.

wrong brewer locked Joe up it was Josh they couldnt stop. A superstar get shut down by one person is different that a whole team shutting him down

not every game id settle for every other game or even the last game of a series and there is no such thing as a sometime superstar!!sometime allstar i can agree but i don't think someone can play like a superstar. are you comparing wade and lebron to joe and al ?

Players can have superstar games / stretches of games ... hell Joe is having one of those right now putting up DWade type of stats. Do you realize the type of performance he's had since returning from the injury and moving to SF? Shooting something like 55% from downtown and over 90% from the FT line while getting 26ppg and 4rpg and a few assists? I'm on my phone so I can't look up exact stats but I know those are close to his numbers since his return.And yes I'm saying that the Thunder losing to Josh Smith and fillers is just as bad as Atlanta losing to Chris Bosh and fillers.

wrong brewer locked Joe up it was Josh they couldnt stop. A superstar get shut down by one person is different that a whole team shutting him down

Josh shot 38% for the series (35/90) and 0% for three (0-9)Joe shot 48% for the series (45/92) including 50% from three while playing 18 more minutes for the seriesI'm actually glad you brought this up, because I had no idea how much better Joe played than Josh until I looked it up.*I forgot to add free throws in!Joe 16/18Josh 25/39Joe outscored Josh by 25 points by taking 2 more shots. Edited by ag82
  • Like 1

Josh shot 38% for the series (35/90) and 0% for three (0-9)Joe shot 48% for the series (45/92) including 50% from three while playing 18 more minutes for the seriesI'm actually glad you brought this up, because I had no idea how much better Joe played than Josh until I looked it up.*I forgot to add free throws in!Joe 16/18Josh 25/39

ok you won that with those stats i didn't realize but from the impact stand point i don't remember Joe at all in that series

Players can have superstar games / stretches of games ... hell Joe is having one of those right now putting up DWade type of stats. Do you realize the type of performance he's had since returning from the injury and moving to SF? Shooting something like 55% from downtown and over 90% from the FT line while getting 26ppg and 4rpg and a few assists? I'm on my phone so I can't look up exact stats but I know those are close to his numbers since his return.And yes I'm saying that the Thunder losing to Josh Smith and fillers is just as bad as Atlanta losing to Chris Bosh and fillers.

I see those stats and see allstar mode I'd say in the 30's is more superstar Rayn Anderson in orlando can get those numbers 26, 4 and a few now that i think about it you're right with Darant and westbrook they should have won i say its a Tie