• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Hall of Famer... YES or NO...

Diesel

Diminishes? Hell I'd say that makes the feat even more impressive! And I think DJ would take offense to your statement as well!

Yea, Nellie was able to pull off this technical masterpiece during a moment of clarity so I'll retract my earlier statement.http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=boId6R7tx1Y&feature=related

Gary Payton has a ring, 2 1st team all nba selections, 5 second team, 1 defensive player of the year award and 9 1st team all defense. 8th all time in assists, 4th in steals, 28th in points. He is as much a guaranteed hall of famer as any player can ever be without winning the mvp.

• Premium Member

Gary Payton has a ring, 2 1st team all nba selections, 5 second team, 1 defensive player of the year award and 9 1st team all defense. 8th all time in assists, 4th in steals, 28th in points. He is as much a guaranteed hall of famer as any player can ever be without winning the mvp.

When did Payton get a ring?

I have come to challenge the Gary Payton Nod...http://www.basketbal.../paytoga01.htmlFor all the hype about his steals, he only lead the league in steals 1 time.For all the hype abut his PGing ability, he was never the top assist guy.He was never an MVP or a Scoring leader.He did make the NBA all defensive team several times but how much of that is hype?BUT... he gets the HOF nod.Somebody else who gets that nod is.... TMAC!!Tmac is listed ahead of several HOFers.Joe Johnson got a shot also.Deke is given a small shot. He's back there with Reggie.

The chart is not reality.In reality Reggie Miller has already been voted into the HOF. According to the chart he only had a 6% chance.Gary Payton has a 88% chance of making the HOF according to that chart but has not yet been voted in. The only reason Payton is not in and Miller is in is due to their off the court likeability. (Payton could not even stay employeed at NBA TV due to his lack of personal likeability).

Paytons biggest problem is he played in the jordan era. That sonics team that lost to the bulls was a really good team.Only pg to win defensive player of the year. 9.time all star. Any season he wasn't leading the league in steals, I bet mj was right there in front. (at least most,.maybe not all).I cant hold it against anyone who played in that era. I feel the same for barkley.

the reason Payton isn't in is because he is not eligible yet. You have to have been retired for 5 full years before being nominated. Gary Payton retired in 2007, so this summer will be 5 years. Reggie Miller was eligible for the first time last year, and he retired in 2005.

These are players who at one time or another wore the Hawks uni.. and the question is are they NBA hall of fame material?Tmac? No.Deke? Probably yes until this recent scandal.Smitty? No Gary Payton? Yes, although he seemed to be somewhat of a jerk to me.Antoine Walker? NOLenny Wilkens (as coach)? No (he was a good coach, but not great.)

• Moderators

These are players who at one time or another wore the Hawks uni.. and the question is are they NBA hall of fame material?

Tmac? No.

Deke? Yes- helped by the international angle (international players get in much more easily). Scandal could derail this if it gets truly ugly.

Smitty? No

Gary Payton? Yes. (Fact that he never suited up for Atlanta somehow won't be held against him.)

Antoine Walker? No. (Won't be considered).

Lenny Wilkens (as coach)? Yes.