• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would someone tell me why Josh is so disrespectful to Teague?

MoBetta

I watched that part of the game going into the time-out. Josh was getting in Teague's face about something, (probably for making some dangerous passes). Needless to say, our team chemistry on the Hawks is never recognized in the media. The hawks are the most under-rated team in the league that is actually pretty decent. I can understand if we were bad like the Bobcats but we have the 5th spot in a tough Eastern Confrence and ESPN overlooks us just like they do every single year.

He does it to spite you. I was shocked when I heard it really but he was sitting in the locker room saying, "I ain't passing to JT-0 anymore. I heard ticks off this guy on Hawksquawk and I can't stand that guy". You should sue!

Oh man thats funny u should do stand up

• Premium Member

Please enlighten me

I really think Teague will progress further and become more consistent once he's respected as the point guard. As far as Josh, well he wants to win, but he wants to be the man while doing it and that obviously leads to him making some bad and selfish plays.

I watched that part of the game going into the time-out. Josh was getting in Teague's face about something, (probably for making some dangerous passes). Needless to say, our team chemistry on the Hawks is never recognized in the media. The hawks are the most under-rated team in the league that is actually pretty decent. I can understand if we were bad like the Bobcats but we have the 5th spot in a tough Eastern Confrence and ESPN overlooks us just like they do every single year.

Becuz we lose games like this EVERY TIME. Of course the Hawks will be overlooked. Nobody cares about the Hawks beating up scrub teams.

• Premium Member

And everyone should be getting on Josh for taking that selfish/forced three at the end instead of making the extra pass to a wide open Teague who had a better shot. In the replay, you can see Jeff drop his hands in frustration and disgust at Josh taking that terrible shot instead of swinging the ball
  • Like 1

Can't beat the oldest team in the league (that is missing Allen) on a back to back but this team is somehow underrated.This team is in the playoffs because it's in a weak conference and it beats enough really bad teams. That's the only reason.
  • Like 1

Can't beat the oldest team in the league (that is missing Allen) on a back to back but this team is somehow underrated.

This team is in the playoffs because it's in a weak conference and it beats enough really bad teams. That's the only reason.

Exactly

The hawks consistently lose to the Elite teams in the league

Edited by MoBetta

• Premium Member

Basketball is a team sport. Those who win in basketball are the teams that learn to trust each other and play to their best ability.The Hawks don't play this game like a team sport.IF dudes are playing for their next contract, they deserve nothing but contempt from the fans.We can beat that team.We can beat Chicago.We can beat Indy.We can beat Miami.BUT... we can only do it, if we play as a functioning team.

• Like 2

My guess is because Jeff routinely misses Josh on easy buckets. Jeff gets majority of his assists the D.Rose way by drop offs or uncontested chest passes. Whenever Josh is running with him and the pass involves a bounce through traffic or a soft lob over the top or even the bounce pass off a screen Jeff either not take it or turns it over. If Josh played with a Rondo type.....ah man look out NBA. Don't get me wrong I like Teague I just hope he works on his passing and finishing this offseason to help this team get over the hump.

• Premium Member

My guess is because Jeff routinely misses Josh on easy buckets. Jeff gets majority of his assists the D.Rose way by drop offs or uncontested chest passes. Whenever Josh is running with him and the pass involves a bounce through traffic or a soft lob over the top or even the bounce pass off a screen Jeff either not take it or turns it over. If Josh played with a Rondo type.....ah man look out NBA. Don't get me wrong I like Teague I just hope he works on his passing and finishing this offseason to help this team get over the hump.

Really? I get that Jeff is a scoring point guard and has some improvements to make in terms of passing. However, as many shots as Josh takes and as many times he simply ignores Teague and tries to bring the ball up the floor himself only to turn it over, Josh doesn't have room to complain about anything. He actually came out and complained that Jeff shoots too much after Jeff spearheaded a win against New Jersey earlier. Josh wants to win, but he also wants to be the man that leads it all the time and that's selfish. I also agree with alot of what Diesel said in his post. You're not going to beat anyone when you're playing as individuals with individual agendas.

Jeff running with Josh rarely happens because Josh does not give up the ball after a rebound. More often than not when Josh brings the ball up the court he does it at a jog, there is no urgency, which allows the other team's defense to set forcing us to play halfcourt. Take a look when Zaza, Marvin, or Ivan gets a rebound the first thing they look to do is give it to Teague who pushes the ball up the court. We are supposed to be this athletic team but our pace of play is too slow.

I keep saying it over and over, if Josh gives up the ball and runs hard to the front of the rim it's an easy bucket more often than not. He can be getting easier buckets.

I'm not saying that Teague doesn't have his miscues on some of the passes, but I do think he is getting better at making reads.

Teague does need to cut out the unforced turnovers - sometimes he is a lil too goosey loosey with the ball.