• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Derrick Rose has a torn ACL! Out for the year

Wurider05

I really hate that the guy got hurt and prays are with him.As a Hawks fan. I think the road just might have gotten easy for the Hawks. All they have to do is keep playing how they have been playing.They can win against Boston and a no Rose Bulls team.If they do. It still will have the "Experts" saying "they beat an old Boston and Rose wasn't playing for the Bulls team."

I tell you what Tom Thibedeau (however you spell it) is a good coach, but you have to question why he leaves his starters in games that are already over. He did it last year with Rose against Indiana and he hurt his ankle. Now he blows out his knee which will keep him out the majority of next year. Just a dumb move to make. You have to be smarter than that.

• Premium Member

Holy crap. I mean no harm to any player, but if the Hawks can get through the first round, this could be our ticket to the ECF. No Rose, no ridiculous superstar calls, it's looking good.Just Beat the Old Men!!!GO HAWKS!

Edited by BrazilianHawk

I tell you what Tom Thibedeau (however you spell it) is a good coach, but you have to question why he leaves his starters in games that are already over. He did it last year with Rose against Indiana and he hurt his ankle. Now he blows out his knee which will keep him out the majority of next year. Just a dumb move to make. You have to be smarter than that.

Well Rose has been injured almost all year long. What better way to shake off the rust then to put him in garbage time with some low pressure minutes. Obviously it back fired but I dont think it was a bad decision.

I never want to see an injury, but I really hate this one. We still have an extremely difficult test with Boston, but if somehow we make it through, I would get no pleasure from beating a Rose-less Bulls team. And what's worse, the series would still be super competitive and the Bulls could still win. OR, Philly makes it through, and we get romped by an 8 seed. What a bummer.Beating Boston would be awesome, though. So whatever.

I am also a fan of Rose and hope he fully recovers; no one wants to see a player go down like that.With that said, if the Hawks ever had a better opportunity to get beyond the second round, THIS IS IT. I know that the Celtics are double tough, as will be what's left of the Bulls and Sixers (don't think they also see an opening here too?) but if there was ever a time to step things up and change the image of this franchise into something more than just 1st/2nd round pretenders that few people care about, now is that time...

It looks like the stars are trying to align for us. As far as Thibideau's decision to leave him in, I have no problem with it at all. Like many said, if it didn't happen then, it probably would've happened early in game 2. I have some real questions as to how well he is conditioned as far as muscle and joint flexibility, and that training staff should also look in the mirror at how they've handled him the last year. I know his impact on his body due to the way he plays is extremely high and violent, but so are many other players, so changing his game is not an option.

Rose isn't the only one lost for the season. Sumpert, guard for NY, hadthe same type injury as the Heat blew away the Knicks.I didn't watch the game, but apparently, from what I read, Heat successfullyattempted to humiliate the Knicks. Getting beat is something but gettingbeat on the way NY was is terrible.With all the fouls called against Woody's team, were they trying to just betoo physical with the Heat. Or, was it something else? Any one know?

Seems like they were trying to get Rose a triple double - 1 rebound and 1 assist shy.Woody is all too familiar with getting blown out in the playoffs.I don't like all these injuries but I don't feel for any team. We've had our share of injuries to deal with and I don't think anybody cared one iota about us.LETS GO HAWKS!!!

Edited by JayBirdHawk