• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Fix

HalfHawk

You guys realize you sound like a bunch of sore losers right now. Direct your anger in the proper direction. Look at our gameplan. Look at our bad shot selection. Look at our so-called go to guy Joe. Ask Josh why the long jump shots? Joe and Josh are incompatible. One needs to go. It seems Josh is the one who will be gone as no one in their right mind will take on Joe's contract so I think we can kiss Josh good-bye.

The Hawks losing shouldn't mean that we are not allowed to talk about what actually happened, or pretend that the refs were fine.

You guys realize you sound like a bunch of sore losers right now. Direct your anger in the proper direction. Look at our gameplan. Look at our bad shot selection. Look at our so-called go to guy Joe. Ask Josh why the long jump shots? Joe and Josh are incompatible. One needs to go. It seems Josh is the one who will be gone as no one in their right mind will take on Joe's contract so I think we can kiss Josh good-bye.

Right. Everyone else here is wrong and you are right.

• Premium Member

So what the *bleep* is this?? Are you trying to be the voice of reason?? Really? Reason left the builiding 2 freakin hours ago when we're getting Hacked up and the whistles go silent. So what you've come to silence angry Hawks fans? You'd do better getting a clean towel from a homeless man. It's not going to happen. Know your role.
  • Like 4

Right. Everyone else here is wrong and you are right.

No, I'm just not looking for excuses and conspiracy theories. We didn't make shots. We didn't run high percentage plays. It's much harder to look in the mirror and say we didn't get the job done and much easier to blame the Hawks problems on refs who just had it out for them. C'mon. If you were to look at the game objectively you could find reasons to say the refs didn't give calls to both sides. The Hawks lost this game. We aren't the victim of a conspiracy to push the Celtics further in the playoffs. That's my only point. Edited by Eddielives

No, I'm just not looking for excuses and conspiracy theories. We didn't make shots. We didn't run high percentage plays. It's much harder to look in the mirror and say we didn't get the job done and much easier to blame the Hawks problems on refs who just had it out for them. C'mon. If you were to look at the game objectively you could find reasons to say the refs didn't give calls to both sides. The Hawks lost this game. We aren't the victim of a conspiracy to push the Celtics further in the playoffs. That's my only point.

Not a conspiracy, just awful and biased officiating.

So what the *bleep* is this?? Are you trying to be the voice of reason?? Really? Reason left the builiding 2 freakin hours ago when we're getting Hacked up and the whistles go silent. So what you've come to silence angry Hawks fans? You'd do better getting a clean towel from a homeless man. It's not going to happen. Know your role.

I know it's hard for you now Diesel because Marvin outplayed Joe in an elimination game. You must be irate right now. This organization needs change. We lost because we weren't good enough. People will accept this in time when the emotional tirades calm down.

No, I'm just not looking for excuses and conspiracy theories. We didn't make shots. We didn't run high percentage plays. It's much harder to look in the mirror and say we didn't get the job done and much easier to blame the Hawks problems on refs who just had it out for them. C'mon. If you were to look at the game objectively you could find reasons to say the refs didn't give calls to both sides. The Hawks lost this game. We aren't the victim of a conspiracy to push the Celtics further in the playoffs. That's my only point.

Eddie is secretly David Stern.

• Premium Member

I know it's hard for you now Diesel because Marvin outplayed Joe in an elimination game. You must be irate right now. This organization needs change. We lost because we weren't good enough. People will accept this in time when the emotional tirades calm down.

So voice of reason... is this a weak attempt to change the freakin subject? VOR.. Nobody gives two squirrel covers about your freakin agenda right now. The true Hawks fans need to vent and you're sounding more and more like a freakin Infidel. We don't have time for your infidelity. Put your Boston Celtics #1 finger back in the closet and keep it moving.
  • Like 1

Okay guys. Let's see tomorrow and in the following days how much the local media, national media, hawks players and coaches, etc. are calling this game a joke because we weren't getting calls. Really? Guys, we lost and it's our own damn fault. I'm talking about the Joe in the mirror. I'm talking about the Josh in the mirror. Look in the mirror people! We're not a championship contending team. Boston was just more composed, better coached and has better players. It sucks and I'm pissed about it too. So let's hope changes are made and we try again with a new or different approach next year.

• Like 1

Again, you are the only one saying this. That is my point. We got to the basket and got no calls. We did play too much on the perimeter quite a bit of the time. But this is a 1pt loss, not 10 points. They abused us when they had the ball with a ton of moving screens (as usual). Then they overplayed all night on defense which made it difficult for us to get closer to the rim. That overplaying is great, but the amount of contact and holding should be resulting in fouls. That doesn't include 2 technical fouls that were uncalled for. I would say 3, but I didn't see Dampier's elbow so I am sure that was deserved. The one on Teague wasn't. And the one on Josh should have never been able to happen. He should have been allowed in the game. But that's fine, keep saying that we are blind and lying to ourselves. Obviously you are the only one around here that can really see what's happening in the game...

There were a number of times where Hawks were fouled near the rim and the refs let them play...

Yep YP2K...I don't know HOW many times over the years I have heard the quote from announcers "refs are letting them play"...it is simply code for not calling fouls...letting a team get away with fouls...and the call against AL for palming/carrying the ball was quite simply insane.

So voice of reason... is this a weak attempt to change the freakin subject? VOR.. Nobody gives two squirrel covers about your freakin agenda right now. The true Hawks fans need to vent and you're sounding more and more like a freakin Infidel. We don't have time for your infidelity. Put your Boston Celtics #1 finger back in the closet and keep it moving.

That's right. Get it all out. You'll feel better when reality sets in later.
  • Like 1

Dude you are my fukin idol

Okay guys. Let's see tomorrow and in the following days how much the local media, national media, hawks players and coaches, etc. are calling this game a joke because we weren't getting calls. Really? Guys, we lost and it's our own damn fault. I'm talking about the Joe in the mirror. I'm talking about the Josh in the mirror. Look in the mirror people! We're not a championship contending team. Boston was just more composed, better coached and has better players. It sucks and I'm pissed about it too. So let's hope changes are made and we try again with a new or different approach next year.

I wish it were that simple. I really do. The media would never take our side either way. Beyond that, the media never says a game was excessively imbalanced. The media is filled with mostly underqualified fan boys masquerading as analysts or, even worse, journalists. Now, I am not disagreeing with possibly needing change either. I am just talking about this game.

Also, on other Celtics forums the fans are thanking the refs. It must be because they called such an even game. Even the other guys saw it. It will be interesting to see if this leads to any changes to the team. I seriously doubt it though. After all, Horford missed like 58 games or so between the regular season and the playoffs. I am sure that will be enough reason to keep the status quo.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's hard for the refs to call fouls for the Hawks when we're jacking up jumpshots. Seriously, if you think the refs cost us this game, you're just looking for reasons to not feel as bad about your team. We would have had more free throws if we had more guys who would take it to the hole instead of settling for bad jumpshots.

Who are you man? Stevie Wonder?All of them tried a lot to play inside, the whistles just weren't blown. At some point you have to try and score somehow.
  • Like 1