• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove praising Celtics fans.

Deeman

[media=]

Around the 1:30 mark. I know it's not a big deal, but it is kind of an indirect shot at Hawks fans. I think that is mainly the reason Smoove wants to leave. He's one of those players that thinks that they are better than what they actually are. He already stated that he was a franchise player on NBATV a couple of weeks ago. We all know if Smoove was putting of the kind of numbers he puts up here in a Bos, La, Ny he would be a perennial All star.I know he isn't the only Hawks player to resent our "Home Court", even though the blame goes on the team too.

This team is boring and not very good. They play extremely boring Basketball and have no PG. Watching the Hawks is like watching a suped up rec league team.

• Moderators

Hawks fans are jealous of Bostons 17 NBA Championship Banners.Had Atlantans grown up to see 17 Championship Banners raised we would be a little more rabid in our passion for our hometown team too.

If we hadn't traded Bill Russell to the Celtics, we would have a few more banners and they would have a few less.

Hawks fans are jealous of Bostons 17 NBA Championship Banners.Had Atlantans grown up to see 17 Championship Banners raised we would be a little more rabid in our passion for our hometown team too.

This. Cosign. Agree. Approve of message.That is one of the problems I have with the national media. It's mighty easy to talk about how 'passionate' the fans are in your town when there are championship rings falling out of your pocket. You don't have to have giveaways at the gate when your team has banners hanging up and the highlight of the franchise is more than some slam-dunk contest from years gone by...
  • Like 1

I don't think this was a shot at Hawks fans as much as it is a complaint about playing for a team in a transient city. It's the same thing I hear all the time about the Miami Dolphins and how our stadium often has tons of fans of the other team and Miami has a pretty darn good history and a fanatic fan base.To fix this you either have to have a superstar on your team that the casual "fans" will come out and support to fill up the non-hardcore fan seats or you have to have a great team and unfortunately we have neither.

• Like 1

Why are people being all logical about this? He disparaged Atlanta fans pure and simple. Joe says he doesn't care about the fans and is going out to play regardless of whether they support him or not and he gets killed. Josh gushes over an opponents fanbase while putting down his own and people go "meh"....Are either one of them wrong? No, but I'm seeing little outrage over these comments as our soon to be free agent is just blatantly politicking for potential suitors.

Edited by MaceCase

• Premium Member

I would make it real easy for Smoove to go to Boston.I would trade him for Avery Bradley, Stiemsma, and 2 yr resigned of Ray Allen.and we'd crush Boston everytime we played them.

• Like 1

1. Maybe if you get back on defense Smoove we can play team defense.2. If you would play within your skill set and not jumpers you would get to line more often.3. Things like that happen on the road, thats why you protect homecourt advantage when you have it.4. You have to give the fans something to follow and cheer for Smoove. What do we have to cheer for? We havent had a superstar since Nique. You didnt hit a big shot down teh stretch, you shoot a terrible jumpshot. SMH.5.

• Premium Member

Why are people being all logical about this? He disparaged Atlanta fans pure and simple. Joe says he doesn't care about the fans and is going out to play regardless of whether they support him or not and he gets killed. Josh gushes over an opponents fanbase while putting down his own and people go "meh"....Are either one of them wrong? No, but I'm seeing little outrage over these comments as our soon to be free agent is just blatantly politicking for potential suitors.

I think many fans have a sentimental and emotional attachment to Josh. Thus, they spin or downplay anything negative that comes from him. I agree with you Mace and I think such an attachment is foolish. They don't believe that Josh would really leave Atl high and dry. Truth is, the guy is as good as gone if he reaches free agency.

• Moderators

That quote really bothered me as Atlanta has been doing pretty good by these Hawks in the playoffs especially considering the collassal failures they repeatedly put us through. Last night is exactly the problem. It is way more likely we are disappointed as Atlanta fans. If we had lost on a ray allen three i'd be ok. We lost on a horrible decision by Josh and a missed free throw by Al. I'm ready for an Atlanta team that comes through when it matters.

I called it in the chat once again. When we made that comeback i was saying that we were going to lose. I also stated taht i refused to be all excited just to see teh Hawks mess up and disappoint me once more. Boy was i right.

• Moderators

Around the 1:30 mark. I know it's not a big deal, but it is kind of an indirect shot at Hawks fans. I think that is mainly the reason Smoove wants to leave. He's one of those players that thinks that they are better than what they actually are. He already stated that he was a franchise player on NBATV a couple of weeks ago. We all know if Smoove was putting of the kind of numbers he puts up here in a Bos, La, Ny he would be a perennial All star.I know he isn't the only Hawks player to resent our "Home Court", even though the blame goes on the team too.

He plays in a city full of transplants. When you look up into the stands at MSG or the Garden, you are seeing fans that have gone for their team for generations. Celtics and Knicks are a way of life, not a social event like it is in Atlanta. The fan base does deserve part of the blame... and don't give crap about putting a winner on the floor to give the fans something to root for... Kings and Nets have sucked for a decade, yet they still put bodies in the seats. Do I blame Smoove for his comments, no. Could they have gone without being said, yes.

I don't blame Joe or Josh for what they said about our "fans". The reality is Atlanta doesn't support the Hawks and it has to be frustrating, especially for Josh, to be a top player and this league and an Atlanta native and see how bad support is for this team. I know its frustrating for me.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

His comments maybe true, but what sense did it make to say that after the game? Many here are missing the point of his motive in saying this as ATL fan support had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the Hawks losing this game in Boston. Make no mistake, sooner or later, Josh is as good as gone.