• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sir Charles Barkley on Hawks (audio)

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Sir Charleshttp://media.790thezone.com/Podcasts/2446/Charles%20Barkley%20FULL%20interview%205-11-12.mp3Bill Simmons talks to Steve Kerr and gets his take on the NBA playoffs.http://c.espnradio.com/audio/978635/bsreport_2012-05-11-150735.48.mp3

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

Not sure why anyone listens to what that fat, biased loser has to say. He's got as many rings as these Hawks do.

• Like 1

You know what? I love these Hawks. Barkley and his TNT cronies can say what they want to, but I won't change just because they say I should. All of these players turned analysts know only one thing, how to play basketball. They have no clue how to be a fan of it. And honestly, they can all go to hell. I back these Hawks. F the rest of them. Things may change with this team in the upcoming months, but I will still watch every game and cheer as hard as I ever have. That is what being a fan is all about. And it's about time we started standing up for Atlanta damnit!!

• Like 2

Things from the interview1. Smith is their best player but shoots outside too much, Horford 2nd and their toughest player....Joe is a good player who is overpaid2. They are too nice3. They need a true center4. Poorly constitutedCharles and I may have been separated at birth

• Premium Member

Well I think its obvious that Sir Charles reserves his criticism for the Hawks. The celtics need a true center, are poorly constituted, Garnett gets away with moving screens (Charles applauds it, and condemns when it is called the way it should be, as it was in Game 2 of the 6ers series) but Charles neglects to mention these facts about them.

• Premium Member

Things from the interview1. Smith is their best player but shoots outside too much, Horford 2nd and their toughest player....Joe is a good player who is overpaid2. They are too nice3. They need a true center4. Poorly constitutedCharles and I may have been separated at birth

While I agree with some of what Charles say, he needs to understand the difference between best and most talented. Most talented is not always best.Smith is by far our most talented player. He can definitely do it... However, I would hate to live and die by his decisions. And that is what happens. Do you think that every GM and his mother didn't see game 6 and see the last shot that Smoove put up? Do you think every GM and his mother saw that pivotal shot and said " There's the problem."Coaches drool over Smoove's talents and cry over his stubbornness.so far, that's two coaches who have given up on trying to make Smoove conform to an offense.If your most talented player doesn't follow the coaches directions then automatically, he's not your best player.We're not talking about a young Mike Vick who would break out of the pocket and make things happen.. for good.We're talking about Ryan Leaf who has the size, the arm but never could put it together mentally to get the ball to the right guy...OK, maybe that's a bit much.. but Smoove has the talent, but his decisions are not miniscule. They are game changing. You can see the effect it has on the team.
  • Like 1

If Smoove is traded, I really hope it's to a team with a great coach, like Popovich for example. How interesting would it be to see how Josh would operate under a coach with the pedigree to demand the respect needed for Smoove to either play within the system or be benched? I would love to see that.

• Premium Member

Yes this team should have been broken up two years ago, but it's 2012 now and you've gone this far so it would be idiotic not to give this thing one more try.

• Premium Member

Yes this team should have been broken up two years ago, but it's 2012 now and you've gone this far so it would be idiotic not to give this thing one more try.

I think it would be extremely idiotic to hold on to the same team again, not win a title and then see Josh walk for nothing. Time to turn the page. Edited by Jody23

And I personally hated how Drew always tried to hold back Ivan Johnson. He constantly tried to mellow him out. He is a bench player. So what if he goes wild and gets a few techs or commits a few hard fouls. That's exactly what that team needed at times. But Drew ( kind of like what he did with Jordan Crawford ), never let those players simply play their games.Players are too nice. Coach is too nice. Owner is probably nice, but needs to simply shut up.Team needs a change in leadership . . . on the court . . on the sidelines . . and in ownership. Ownership is the least likely to change, so we need a change on the court and on the sidelines.

If Smoove is traded, I really hope it's to a team with a great coach, like Popovich for example. How interesting would it be to see how Josh would operate under a coach with the pedigree to demand the respect needed for Smoove to either play within the system or be benched? I would love to see that.

Its a shame a guy has to have a pedigree for Josh to listen.

I think im the minority here when I say this but I would like the "core" to stay togethet one more year atleast to see what they can do with a actual coach I would hate see smoove leave to go to another team with a actual coach and so him thrive with that coach only for the media to say "There goes another mistake by the hawks letting smith go to............... insert team here......"